Preview Richmond vs Fremantle Round 8 at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Baker is a very good player.
He's not a 2 first rounders out of contract sort of player, regardless what some shock jock has said on the radio about walking over glass.
There is a way to get baker without giving up any draft picks.

Just make sure we have cap space and offer a long deal and Richmond get compensated and we get him without giving up a draft pick

Other teams do this , why not freo

Just a heads up guys have mail that Fyfe will be start as the sub tomorrow :thumbsu:

I would have thought if you were going to rest Fyfe you wouldn’t make him fly, except if you want him as sub just in case
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Exactly the dockery type of loss we have - when expected to win / heading in as favourites

Don't be fancy, show up and get the **** job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not just that but also that all sorts of other things have gone right for us with results of other games.

The door is wide open. There’s genuinely good times to be had inside.

We just need to not trip over our dick on the way in.

Fyfe had an amazing game last week but I am fine with him being managed throughout the season. He's a weapon but we don't need to build the team around him any more.
If he is managed he will rest the game and not be sub to come on for 1 quarter and have to do run throughs after the game. Unfortunately at the moment we still need him badly. He is the only one we can rely on to get the ball in close when needed and feed it out, without him last week we would have lost the the Bulldogs.

I don't mind the idea of Fyfe being a break glass in case of emergency with the five day break coming up. I assume they'll want to get Jonno on ball a bit more. Just hope our midfield can still manage without him for the majority of the game. He's completely changed our dynamic there.

I also hope we don't wait too long to break the glass if we are getting smashed in the middle.

If we get a good lead and have the game in the bag (and I’m definitely not assuming a walk in the park) - then Fyfe or APearce with short next game turnaround could indeed be consideration for being subbed out.

Would be silly to make Fyfe travel all the way to Melbourne to then put on the sub vest and potentially sit 3/4 of the game on the pine.

Sounds like dodgy mail to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think resting Fyfe is insane. If we're 10 goals up at 3/4 time, fine, sub him. But resting him would be completely over thinking what is a pretty obvious scenario. We must win. We must play the situation in front of us. We are playing Richmond today, not Sydney next week.

No Taranto or Lynch vs a bottom 4 Tigers, this has to be win if we're serious.

But it also won't be easy, Richmond have put up a fight against everyone this year and still have Bolton, Dusty, Baker who can trouble us.

So it comes down to the mindset, if we're willing to roll up our sleeves and weather the storm, we should be the better side in the end and roll over them.

Richmond are also the only team to beat Sydney so far. They've been in every game this year except West Coast, ironically, like us.

Well i was wrong... Fyfe the sub
wow, that's a big call. Hope it doesn't backfire, as he's been in imperious form. Maybe he's a little banged up and it's just a precautionary move?! Big game for Johnson then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back