Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have any other hobbies? Perhaps ones that don't involve deliberately ripping off the people or organizations who are trying their best to facilitate your interest?

Are you for real.

An organisation doing its best to facilitate my best interests.

Me having to make numerous phone calls the last month for them to still not give me a barcode.

Our organisation has gone to the dogs and the people running the show need to be called out.

Imagine the many thousands of our supporters especially the elderly that aren’t tech savvy and need to go through all this shite just to try and get a ticket.

Give me a break buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO , if one member is pissed off that is one too many and I would say there is a great many. I do not however think it is at all deliberate . As another poster said , we just do not have enough staff in these areas. We probably need to pay some good wages for 4 full time employees in membership and merchandise. I too have had issues, mainly merchandise ,which were never dealt with by the club , so I just gave up. That is not good and will have to think about what I purchase from there in the future , if in fact I do.

I don't get a "view barcode" option. It just says "Ticket Details" and I can click through to the date and time and all the rest along with terms and conditions. But no barcode that I will presumably need to enter the ground.

Same problem here. Currently caller number 32 in the queue for the membership dept, expecting about a four hour wait. Maybe a member wide email explaining the expected next steps would save a lot of people a lot of time….

Just spoke to Tom in memberships. Great bloke .👍
As much as the system sucks, I must say I've always got decent service on the phone.
I just called up, it seems my issue is something they haven't encountered before, but Tom's gonna go above and beyond for me, seems a top bloke

Same problem here. Currently caller number 32 in the queue for the membership dept, expecting about a four hour wait. Maybe a member wide email explaining the expected next steps would save a lot of people a lot of time….
Me too! Let us know if you get anywhere!!

Anyone trying to defend this absolute ticketing/membership shitshow must love getting slapped around by banks, telco's, utilities etc. Cause this is exactly how this new improved, user friendly (so we're told) mobile membership crap operates now. Going to the footy shouldn't be an ordeal. Again WTF was so wrong with membership cards?

Anyone trying to defend this absolute ticketing/membership shitshow must love getting slapped around by banks, telco's, utilities etc. Cause this is exactly how this new improved, user friendly (so we're told) mobile membership crap operates now. Going to the footy shouldn't be an ordeal. Again WTF was so wrong with membership cards?

It's absolute rubbish.

I don't want to think about or do anyting prior to gameday, I just want to rock up and walk in by scanning my membership card.

Physical Membership tickets equal another cost , it all comes down to money. I too prefer the actual membership ticket but I know the digital ticket is more economical for the club. Why can’t we have one physical membership ticket same barcode (which lasts forever)which they update and download your games on each season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called the club about this and asked about people with disabilities. They thanked me for raising it but said it is what it is.

I am also a Melbourne Storm who is going tonight with a membership card feeling very comfortable.

With my North membership i still can't see the barcode.

Physical Membership tickets equal another cost , it all comes down to money. I too prefer the actual membership ticket but I know the digital ticket is more economical for the club. Why can’t we have one physical membership ticket same barcode (which lasts forever)which they update and download your games on each season.

They sent out “souvenir” cards with everything but the barcode anyway. I think it’s more about ticketek’s cut, though not sure how they get it or how much it could be

I called the club about this and asked about people with disabilities. They thanked me for raising it but said it is what it is.

I am also a Melbourne Storm who is going tonight with a membership card feeling very comfortable.

With my North membership i still can't see the barcode.
Me also being a Storm member makes the whole North ordeal so much worse. I also paid for 2020 and 2021 North Memberships and didn't ask for a cent back despite having a lower income both years due to lockdowns. Storm making the 2022 membership free...yeah, what can I say.

I have google pay but barcode not showing up

Assuming it's still being finalised:

View attachment 1346377
Do they mean all members will receive an email when ready to go - or all members except for those that randomly don't receive emails for "reasons". Bottom line, it's 3 sleeps to round 1 and this still isn't working. It's an absolute joke and reflects very poorly on the AFL, Ticketmaster and North Melbourne.

There is no way whatsoever that this system is cheaper than a bit of plastic with a barcode to scan. The costs will just be creatively accounted across the whole comp.

I've followed North for 70 years, started age 5:), was a member from age 8 to mid teens when I started playing locally. Started going to games again in my early 30s and have been a continuous member for 34 years. This year I'm planning to get a 3 Game membership plus an AFLW membership. I've rang up numerous times but always am around 30 to high 40s in the queue. Once I was 43 in the queue and remained so for 7 minutes, so I hung up. I'll now go to Arden St to renew. Do the accountants factor the "pissed off factor" in their calculations? I can watch our games on Kayo, but still like to attend.

Progressing faster than expected. Hang in there mate
Cheers. I meant I was in the same boat re the barcode not displaying with my 'ticket' in the app. I haven't rung the club. Hoping there's a simple fix and it will all be sorted for everyone tomorrow without us having to do anything!
I'm also still waiting on the email from the club re the mobile membership being ready to go. I know other GA members have received the email, but they've got the same issue as me with their tickets ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Back