• Yes, but he went a little too far

• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro is the one that is unhinged. She is just one nasty piece of work, who is nearly always wrong on everything. Her silence today is says even more about her.

It will be an ejoywable day when Cawwo finally retires and thails off into the thun-thet wapped up in one of her oversized pwuffy piwate smocks.

Bev shoots his mouth off at a journalist. He's been fronting press conferences since Adam was a boy, a bit of Mentone beachboy dickhead escaped, he should have known better. Pull your head in, Bev, get on with coaching. He's miles behind Mick Malthouse when it comes to ticking off eager beaver journalists. He's the coach of a football club, not president of Scrag's local branch of the Greens. He might have telephoned Morris and said "Sorry, mate, I went a bit too far, that time." Public apology ? There's a war on in Europe, the world is recovering from a world Pandemic, arguably deliberately caused in sinister circumstances, a Federal Election in sight, rising inflation, the property market's about to collapse and the east coast is going to cop more floods. Football's entertainment. Haven't the President and CEO better things to do with their time than agonising over the wording of ridiculous apologies ?

Good post Mr Mitchell but please leave myself and my Greens out of this.

Fox doesn’t back you any longer
bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

This posted by a journo working for The Age an hour ago. Please read and give thoughts. I really don't like the connection she is making between Luke Beveridge's comments towards Tom Morris and the leaked audio. Maybe I am overeacting

This posted by a journo working for The Age an hour ago. Please read and give thoughts. I really don't like the connection she is making between Luke Beveridge's comments towards Tom Morris and the leaked audio. Maybe I am overeacting

A couple of people on here have speculated that Bevo may have known the karma bus was on route for Morris - hence why he questioned whether Morris was proud of his behaviour during the presser.

Good post Mr Mitchell but please leave myself and my Greens out of this.
Not at all intended to offend, Scrag, intended to be a bit of fun, a dig in the ribs as I jog past, so to speak. An acknowledgment of what's important to you. I'll learn, though, unlike Bev, eh ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of people on here have speculated that Bevo may have known the karma bus was on route for Morris - hence why he questioned whether Morris was proud of his behaviour during the presser.
I really can’t see that being Bevo’s style. This really just seems like Morris made a story about himself and some random who thinks he’s a bellend and was sitting on his trash shared it.

I really can’t see that being Bevo’s style. This really just seems like Morris made a story about himself and some random who thinks he’s a bellend and was sitting on his trash shared it.
Yeah, you're probably right. There is no conspiracy. But the irony of Morris getting snookered by someone leaking against him when he used leaks against Bevo is rather delicious.

Not at all intended to offend, Scrag, intended to be a bit of fun, a dig in the ribs as I jog past, so to speak.

I know, don't worry, that's how it was received. Bev will be alright. He just needs to focus on getting our first win of the year. Winning allows for all sins to be forgiven in this caper.

So Tom is going to take some time out "to become a better person". I ain't got that much time left to see that happen.

No. You shouldn’t make any comment of that nature (I.e. about their sexual orientation or appearance) about a colleague. Behind closed doors or not.
My question wasn't about whether comments of that nature should or shouldn't be made. It was about whether the label being thrown around was correct. For the fox reporter, he doesn't preach hatred, prejudice, or intolerance. It sounded like he thought she was a genuinely great person and they were close work colleagues. A more appropriate label would be "unprofessional" rather than something-phobic.

Happy to see he got fired though ✅

Last edited:
If you do something to someone in public that warrants an apology, that apology should also be in public
In terms of logic, a fair point, SS, but on the ground, a storm in tiny tea cup. Journalists and football coaches take the good with the bad.

As funny as the thought of Bev having his own dirt unit is, I doubt the club knew it was coming. If that’s the case, I wonder what we would have done with the apology if it had broken before we had decided to do it.

The race comments were awful. Should be sacked for that 100%

Whoever leaked the audio about that woman shouldn't be proud. That just didn't need to go out becuase it could hurt her more than him.

She's now outted in the public. Hopefully that doesn't matter as much these days. That said I personally didn't find his comments homophobic (hatred of gay people) or misogynistic (hatred of women). He literally said she was an great person, great to talk to and the most attractive woman at work. It's frustrating to hear these labels slapped onto everything even with my strong hatred of the man - known as tombrown-ophobic.

That fair?
I’m with you.

The video of him saying i’m not Asian/black/can’t remember rest of list, i’m just a white bloke with a heart so don’t abuse me - was ridiculously offensive!

What a dickhead he is!!

The apology was even better given the aftermath, imo.
Bevo seems genuine, knew he overstretched. (The Club's effort has been mentioned and I agree...)
It absolutely forced both Fox and Morris himself to be accountable for their actions.

Such a good result! 🥳

Bev shoots his mouth off at a journalist. He's been fronting press conferences since Adam was a boy, a bit of Mentone beachboy dickhead escaped, he should have known better. Pull your head in, Bev, get on with coaching. He's miles behind Mick Malthouse when it comes to ticking off eager beaver journalists. He's the coach of a football club, not president of Scrag's local branch of the Greens. He might have telephoned Morris and said "Sorry, mate, I went a bit too far, that time." Public apology ? There's a war on in Europe, the world is recovering from a world Pandemic, arguably deliberately caused in sinister circumstances, a Federal Election in sight, rising inflation, the property market's about to collapse and the east coast is going to cop more floods. Football's entertainment. Haven't the President and CEO better things to do with their time than agonising over the wording of ridiculous apologies ?

I don't necessarily disagree D(onald), but let's be fair, the Board of our footy Club have jobs to do.
They need to perform the duties they get paid for (and always somewhat at the mercy of their ultimate employers, the licence providers).
I suspect that even Lord Beveridge himself can't do much about those things you mention.

The world doesn't stop just because the world is about to end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Berko Bevo vs. the former Muckraker Morris in the Round 1 presser

Back