• Yes, but he went a little too far

• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, was not planning to go to the footy next week as I hate these school night games as my day starts at 3 am but I was talking to a neighbour last night (Bulldogs member) and and we both said there should be some sort of " Stand With Bev" thing happening

I think we should all be there, so I will be

The apology was even better given the aftermath, imo.
Bevo seems genuine, knew he overstretched. (The Club's effort has been mentioned and I agree...)
It absolutely forced both Fox and Morris himself to be accountable for their actions.

Such a good result! 🥳
I speculated in a post yesterday, that Bevo did a job on Morris at the presser. It would not surprise me that this was done on purpose. Onya Bevo! Now please Bevo play two ruckmen next week!

The Chopper reference is funny but I honestly think it should be more of a sincere show of support. Just my opinion of course.
This is my 2 minutes worth. I think it's all that's needed. A few thousand of these (A5 size) held up around the ground should have a visual impact.

1647605210723.png

(Deliberately avoided making it RW&B so that other clubs supporters can buy into it)

That’s valid, what would be a more sincere show of support :)

This is my 2 minutes worth. I think it's all that's needed. A few thousand of these (A5 size) held up around the ground should have a visual impact.

View attachment 1347945

(Deliberately avoided making it RW&B so that other clubs supporters can buy into it)
I agree with dogwatch. I do quite like like the font and colours you used 3GB. Red, White and Black shouldn’t upset too many people.

I do like it but, unironically, Che Guevara was a racist homophobe....
Che Guevara was a hero to oppressed people all over the world. I have read Che's works and he never said anything of the like. The article you posted is written by an extremist right wing think tank, none other than the CATO Institute in the US. Pack of ratbags!

Che Guevara was a hero to oppressed people all over the world. I have read Che's works and he never said anything of the like. The article you posted is written by an extremist right wing think tank, none other than the CATO Institute in the US. Pack of ratbags!

Yeah the Cato Institute is a Koch brothers joint, gee I wonder why they'd be attacking someone that isn't in favour of giving oligarchs everything that they want.

I wonder how much of this is a McEnroe-esque 'you cannot be serious!' rant by Bevo to get himself fired up, and to engender another 'us against the world' crusade. I don't know if the players will buy into another one so early in the year.

So Tom is going to take some time out "to become a better person". I ain't got that much time left to see that happen.
I dunno, it’s probably just me, but I’m uneasy about people, even Tom Morris, losing their livelihood for something they said. What about sincere contrition and no repeat of the offensive behaviour being taken into account. This “no forgiveness” policy of modern Puritanism bothers me.

I dunno, it’s probably just me, but I’m uneasy about people, even Tom Morris, losing their livelihood for something they said. What about sincere contrition and no repeat of the offensive behaviour being taken into account. This “no forgiveness” policy of modern Puritanism bothers me.
The main reason he lost his job is that he made inappropriate sexual comments about a co-worker, that's not exactly a new thing, it's been the standard for a while.

If it wasn't a co-worker he'd probably still have his job - if the last comment of his voice recording wasn't so overtly sexual he may have been fine also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a truthful view on the press and their sheltered little club

Last edited:
The main reason he lost his job is that he made inappropriate sexual comments about a co-worker, that's not exactly a new thing, it's been the standard for a while.

If it wasn't a co-worker he'd probably still have his job - if the last comment of his voice recording wasn't so overtly sexual he may have been fine also.
Ye-es, probably agree with that. Behaviours need to change. And idiots who don’t know any better after all this time not to put their crap opinions out in cyberspace should be weeded out. But there’s a danger of witch hunting that also should be curbed.

My favourite part of this is the expression “obviously willing to cop it from you boys on this…”

It will now feature heavily in the catchphrase rotation.

Everyone on here make sure you back Bevo in 100%. SEN, friends & social media etc...

He protects our club at all costs. We need to protect him.
I have been slamming all and everyone on Twitter but reserved my best for the smug self righteous media defenders

Bottom line is Bevo called out a self entitled grubby journalist for his unethical methods. The media mounted a sanctimonious defence and have now had their blind faith laid bare.

The media should never be immune from criticism and their pathetic carry on had blown up in their faces

It seems Bevo is a far better judge of character than the media

You’d think he ran the bloke over or something. I really don’t think such a deep and heartfelt apology was needed. I think he went too far last night, and he can own that. But it really wasn’t that bad.
Don’t worry Bevo will take his time now and come back with a much fuller explanation

While I’m happy to see Morris undone, I don’t like people losing their jobs over stupid things they’ve said amongst friends on a night out.
I am comfortable with self entitled privileged grubs being held to account regardless of circumstance.
Consequences is what will bring change

Remove this Banner Ad

Berko Bevo vs. the former Muckraker Morris in the Round 1 presser

Back