Opinion Commentary & Media VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
" The AFL is fearing an all-time low Marvel Stadium crowd will turn up for North Melbourne's clash against GWS on Sunday "

FEAR ( Cambridge dictionary )
- an unpleasant emotion or thought that you have when you are frightened or worried by something dangerous, painful, or bad that is happening or might happen

Standing on the terraces of the wing in a long sleeved woollen North jumper and itchy as beanie watching Blighty’s magnificence mate. Then, once we arrived home in dad’s Ford LTD, it was straight out into the street to do my 8yr old version of “Chap Laps” on my dragster holding a giant North flag in one arm.

I must’ve looked a right tosser but CGAF as I felt like I was king of the muthaduckin’ world, thanks to the great man Blighty!
Was here also and bolted on the ground after the goal to pat the guys on the back. Greet memories. We were on the half forward flank / wing area where Blighty was kicking.

Anyone remember what they were doing on June 7 1976?

On this day: Blight's barrel sinks Blues after the siren
Standing on the wing whooping and bugging all the Blues supporters.
Am I correct in recalling that the week before we beat * at Arden St, coming from behind in the last quarter, kicking into the wind and with only 17 players on the ground? I seem to remember telling anyone who would listen that Barassi was going to become St Ronald - 2 miracles in 2 weeks.

" The AFL is fearing an all-time low Marvel Stadium crowd will turn up for North Melbourne's clash against GWS on Sunday "

FEAR ( Cambridge dictionary )
- an unpleasant emotion or thought that you have when you are frightened or worried by something dangerous, painful, or bad that is happening or might happen
That's weird. They can't have been that afraid though considering we've played them roughly twice as often as Collingwood have since they came into the comp...

Perhaps if they were afraid of low attendances for smaller Melbourne clubs they would, I don't know, actively try in some way to prevent them instead of encouraging them?

Matthew Lloyd has to be one of the dumbest campaigners going round.

Lloyd also encouraged the Roos to give Charlie Lazzaro and Charlie Comben senior opportunities.
"I want to see (Charlie) Comben – where is he? I know he’s had a few niggles.

I'd suggest that Comben's medical history is a little worse than a few 'niggles'.
Shit, he's currently got a 6 week leg injury.

Matthew Lloyd has to be one of the dumbest campaigners going round.

Lloyd also encouraged the Roos to give Charlie Lazzaro and Charlie Comben senior opportunities.
"I want to see (Charlie) Comben – where is he? I know he’s had a few niggles.

I'd suggest that Comben's medical history is a little worse than a few 'niggles'.
Shit, he's currently got a 6 week leg injury.

Go and find out, it's your job

Anyone remember what they were doing on June 7 1976?

On this day: Blight's barrel sinks Blues after the siren
So glad you asked!
Was standing behind the goals, still remember watching the ball sail over our heads and losing out shit.
In fact the original footage after the goal is kicked flashes back to the players celebrating and then back the crowd behind the goals and there is me sis with our arms in the air jumping up and down.
Great day!!

Just watched the website footage unfortunately cut it before they went back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I normally eat 2 pies a game. Will try and do 2 before the game and 2 during with the social club offer. If your riding the Glen Waverley line home, put your mask on🤣
Sausage rolls are better btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back