2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not backing down on LDU though.
My mail is that he wants out, unless the off-field culture gets sorted - definite rival camps down at Norf - pro and anti Noble / Rawlings.

He may not have wanted to come here before - but look at the change in direction of us - genuine finals team - heaps of upside, and player retention is improving exponentially.
Norf resemble a pub side.

Weller may not come back the same - it's a fact, it happens. I wish him well, and hope to see him pushing for 1st team again in 2023 - but to not at least reach out to one of the better younger players out there, would be poor.

LDU is class - and we are not the same side as the one he looked at a couple of years back.

DS is closer to the end than the beginning, MR is still struggling to get back up to speed (great in the last 2 games though), Andersons disposal is terrible, leaving Miller and Rankine with the only 2 'flair' mids. Oleg can do the odd cameo as well.

But Bowes, Fiorini, Atkins,Constable are all very similar - LDU just has that little bit of extra class and speed, which would be a great acquisition.

His career is dying. LDU is gettable, and quality. We have players to trade with Norf. We have salary cap space with Brodie and Greenwood off the books - plus I reckon we will be trading a few out who are on the fringes this year.

For those 'who can't see it' - against us, in a putrid Norf performance LDU had:

16 kicks
9 handballs
6 marks
5 clearances
3 tackles
Kicked 1.1 and gained 554m in 80% game time - in a truly crap side.

You gotta think he'd improve markedly in a more professional club (stop s******ing at the back!).

My mail is impeccable - he wants out. We would be remiss not to at least ask the question.

Last word on LDU - Promise!
1654928276525.gif

Starting to warm to the idea of targeting LDU. Listening to triple m, carey and ross lyon were really critical of him not fully committing to a contest which led to a gws goal in the first quarter. Maybe a guy who's not fully committed to his team? He followed up by having another pretty good game in a really poor team. Half expecting fiorini to look elsewhere next year and maybe Flanders too especially after brodie has moved on and done well. If a couple look to get out it maybe it will leave a gap for someone like this.

Starting to warm to the idea of targeting LDU. Listening to triple m, carey and ross lyon were really critical of him not fully committing to a contest which led to a gws goal in the first quarter. Maybe a guy who's not fully committed to his team? He followed up by having another pretty good game in a really poor team. Half expecting fiorini to look elsewhere next year and maybe Flanders too especially after brodie has moved on and done well. If a couple look to get out it maybe it will leave a gap for someone like this.
Fiorini and Flanders are the two I think might attract interest or look to initiate a trade themselves. I imagine we are invested in Bowes and Hollands.

I’m not saying we should move them on, but it is a possibility if all parties are happy with it. If they both want to stay and are happy playing in the twos/earning their spot/waiting for a chance, then that is fine. Depth is good too :)

With guys like bowes, hollands, Davies already ahead of them and rankine to eventually go through the midfield they may see the writing on the wall. Even constable looks to be closer. Dont have anything against those 2 just might be best for both parties. Flanders may end up being a really good player just not sure he's going to get an opportunity with us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If LDU filled a desperate need I would be okay with this… but please Craig Cameron don’t touch him with a ten foot pole. Also Fiorini and Flanders are depth players, we finally have some depth and we want to potentially trade them? Minimal changes again this year.

As we are starting to win more games this thread and the draft/trade period should get very boring

I’m not suggesting we fob him off, just because. I’m saying that Flanders or Fiorini might not like playing in the twos. They might want to move on if a team wants to give them more opportunity, and I wouldn’t blame them. Much like Brodie before them. It might be their choice, or it might be club directed.

Depth is good, obviously, but players don’t like being depth players if they feel they deserve a spot. Now, if we are winning they may stay and try to build something as a group. I also doubt many in the twos begrudge not getting a spot in the last month after four wins, several of them quite emphatic victories. But VFL is not the AFL, and we have a few first round picks toiling away there.

How about this bloke?
Shai Bolton would change our whole midfield dynamic.
Bring back some Bennell magic/flash from the midfield

Took unders @ 600k last deal so will take a good cheque to get him moving..
Get Chol and Ellis in his ear

How about this bloke?
Shai Bolton would change our whole midfield dynamic.
Bring back some Bennell magic/flash from the midfield

Took unders @ 600k last deal so will take a good cheque to get him moving..
Get Chol and Ellis in his ear

This is the guy that would take the Suns to another level. Already competitive in the midfield, a point of difference to what we have in there, and a very exciting forward with elite speed/evasiveness. Don't judge him on his 0.5 on the weekend though ha

This is the guy that would take the Suns to another level. Already competitive in the midfield, a point of difference to what we have in there, and a very exciting forward with elite speed/evasiveness. Don't judge him on his 0.5 on the weekend though ha
He'd be a great pickup, but incredibly unlikely. If he doesn't sign at Richmond there will be a bidding war from so many clubs that we won't be able to match.

If suns can show something this back half of the year.. we are half a chance for anyone.
The league knows we have the most top end talent in the comp.
We are building.

The club just needs to get its balance book right.

Getting rid of dead wood and bringing in the key pillars for our future.

Another key back and Bolton would transform us into top 4 calculations in 2023

He'd be a great pickup, but incredibly unlikely. If he doesn't sign at Richmond there will be a bidding war from so many clubs that we won't be able to match.
That is true. A benefit to that bidding war if Richmond were to significantly increase their offer would be less money for Rioli who has made a home of his spot on the HBF. Many have mentioned Bailey Dale from Dogs but Rioli (maybe mentioned once on here already) would also be a handy acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back