Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

JHF isn't even close to worth $800K on anything he's produced at any level so far and paying him $800k his 2nd year on an AFL list is ridiculous. So far at AFL level he has hardly produced efforts worthy of his rookie salary.
Might that change in a new environment though...

Might that change in a new environment though...
Might?

Maybe listen to what former AFL players are saying about his attitude and disrespect especially towards Todd Goldstein and other experienced teammates who are trying to help him.

Nathan Buckley didn't want to be at the Bears either but he that didn't stop him from trying his guts out while he was there....goes to character and pride in performance.

Adam Cerra didn't want to be at Freo but he stuck it out and performed

Last edited:
$800k? LOL

No.1 pick Jason Horne-Francis will miss a fortnight as rumours continue to swirl over his future at North Melbourne
"He's got to be careful," he told Footy Classified.

"The dilemma for him now is... other clubs believe he is making noises that he wants to go and return home to South Australia. The clubs in South Australia are thinking, 'Well, we're going to have to pay him $800,000'.

"Say Adelaide for example, they're going to have to pay him more than Rory Laird earns. So for him to walk in after acting like that, how do you go to Rory Laird and say, 'This guy is going to earn more than you'? And what does it do for the
Rory ? The bloke that pissed his pants on gf day then spent yrs plodding before moving in to be a C grade midfielder from the back pocket because the rest of our midfield was total garbage..

JHF walks in and owns it.

Missing piece?

We need 4 absolutely elite, game changers to contend for a flag. We currently have NONE.

Jordan Dawson could become number one and we are hopeful re Thilthorpe and Rachele.

JUST DO IT!!!!!!!

Rory ? The bloke that pissed his pants on gf day then spent yrs plodding before moving in to be a C grade midfielder from the back pocket because the rest of our midfield was total garbage..

JHF walks in and owns it.
Maybe when JHF has a couple of AA's and a club B & F to his name...until then all the put downs put on Rory Laird by this board say more about the posters than Rory..

Might?

Maybe listen to what former AFL players are saying about his attitude and disrespect especially towards Todd Goldstein and other experienced teammates who are trying to help him.

Nathan Buckley didn't want to be at the Bears either but he that didn't stop him from trying his guts out while he was there....goes to character and pride in performance.

The AFL messaging on this one is all coming out of Victoria. Would be entirely different if it was a Vic lad in SA. If he is available we would be insane not to try and recruit him. Back our nice boy system in......

The AFL messaging on this one is all coming out of Victoria. Would be entirely different if it was a Vic lad in SA. If he is available we would be insane not to try and recruit him. Back our nice boy system in......
If it was a pick 1 top rated vic youngster doing that here, there would still be a conga line of vic clubs coming in with big offers with teams looking at the potential and feeling they could cure the behavioural issues

Might?

Yes, that is fair - 14 Brownlow votes.

But also Buckley was almost exactly 2 years older. Big difference between playing your first year in the AFL as an 18yo and a 20yo.

Buckley knew he only had to play 1 year and he'd be gone.

Also North Melbourne is a shit show.

That said JH-F has not covered himself in glory this year thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd pay $1 million per season for Horne-Francis from the moment he walks into the club if that's what it takes

If the senior players don't like it, they can sook it up at a different club
Part of our enduring problem over the last decade IMHO is the entitled attitude of our senior players.

Anything to kill that part of our culture is a good thing.

Part of our enduring problem over the last decade IMHO is the entitled attitude of our senior players.

Anything to kill that part of our culture is a good thing.
Thats on the club with our team selection and constant promoting of the need for experience. These guys hear and see the same thing.

The issue is it hasnt changed even with a new senior coach and decent assistants. if Crouch gets picked this week it can only be for his experience and thats a massive fail from our coaches.

Strangely, theres some logic to this.
I do think some of JHFs behaviour has been disappointing, and makes you wonder if he has the mental fortitude to become a champion player..

Would rather watch that query unravel at our club than anyone elses though.
haha, well put sir!

Faaark me…

“Oh no, no, no… we cant improve our list by actually attracting and trading in a highly touted, potentially elite young player with a decent lump of coin… s**t no, that might upset some of the players already on the list!… no thank you.”.

Jesus H christ… are some of you actually listenning to yourselves?..

Good luck hoping we’ll be contending soon if the club also has the same attitude!.

No one cares about Rory Laird (and he's on good money so he won't care), let's start with Rachelle and Thilthorpe, it won't be long before they also want the same money (like in 2 years). There will be other players who want better coin too if they start performing.

We can't pay everybody the big bucks, and 1 marquee player is not enough, we are not playing A-league.

Do you think Dawson would want to spend the time mentoring someone on more money, who is actually years away from being as good as that? Especially if JHF is high maintenance.

The offer will be much more sensible, this whole thing is not about money.

It is the next angle the media will take though,and the length of contract will dictate the contract value, longer term = mo' money.

In 2 years time ( we would hope) Sloane, Walker , Seedsman would be gone off the books.

Laird will have 1-2 year left

Structuring for Thilthorpe , Rachele and Dawson should be fairly easy - given Thilthorpe may be 1 more contract away from the good money

The question becomes - do you think JHF is worth the drama and money ? Because it will start at $500k - plus the associated draft capital

Question 1 - do you want to play for Adelaide?
Question 2 - are you willing to accept a smaller amount for shorter years and get the good money later?

This takes me back to the Dangerfield year - everywhere it was yes or no would you make him the highest paid player - I would have broken the bank to keep PD.

I feel JHF has that same aura

No one cares about Rory Laird (and he's on good money so he won't care), let's start with Rachelle and Thilthorpe, it won't be long before they also want the same money (like in 2 years). There will be other players who want better coin too if they start performing.

We can't pay everybody the big bucks, and 1 marquee player is not enough, we are not playing A-league.

Do you think Dawson would want to spend the time mentoring someone on more money, who is actually years away from being as good as that? Especially if JHF is high maintenance.

The offer will be much more sensible, this whole thing is not about money.

It is the next angle the media will take though,and the length of contract will dictate the contract value, longer term = mo' money.
I like this picture as it sort of sums up what I think it will be. Adelaide are represented by Daffy Duck, the AFL by Hasan. They won't like for one minute a big offer to get JHF from a non vic side, you just watch if it happens

1655184892063.jpeg

Giving two first rounders isn't much of a risk, especially when you look at our drafting over the last 10 years
1 first rounder and a good player = 2 first rounders, not much in it.

Given the expected ratio, 2 first rounders we would expect 1 excellent player. This is why I think North should ask for a player and 2022 first.

Jason Horne-Francis is beginning to make noises internally that he wants out of North Melbourne and wishes to return to South Australia, according to Kane Cornes.

The 2021 number one draft pick has had a turbulent season at the struggling Kangaroos and has now been suspended for a fortnight by the Match Review Officer.

Cornes reports that Horne-Francis is now starting to indicate his desire to leave the club.

“The fresh information that I’ve got for you this morning is that he is making noises that he wants out,” the former Power midfielder told SEN SA Breakfast.

“That’s what I can reveal for you this morning that Jason Horne-Francis has started to, and you can see that manifesting in his on-field performance, but behind the scenes he is making noises – that was the term put to me, that he wants out of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Seems a fair discussion of the issues to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back