List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McStay down back makes sense

Think we will get a similar statistical output from Krueger when he gets on the park.

McStay/Maynard down back, Krueger/McCreery up forward. All of a sudden it’s a team you don’t want to play against from a toughness perspective.

If we pick up Dan McStay on 5 years at 600k we are the laughing stock of the league. When did our trade and free agency team become so incompetent?
McStay is close to being dropped. Who else really wants him? Why are we giving him 5 years? Why not 5 years at 400k if he wants 5 years?
Seriously, Collingwood, this is an absolute disaster waiting to happen.
Even if we could be assured he would turn into a Liam Jones style rejuvenated defender, would we want to give him 5 years? Does our defence need that? We already have a lot of money tied up back there.

Oh, plus if we do have that coin, why not put it towards a massive offer for Curnow or McKay next year?

I remember thinking in 2020 trade period, there is no way we could be so stupid. Giving up Treloar for pretty much nothing, Stephenson for nothing, there is no way professionals could have the salary cap in such a mess.

The McStay recruitment is giving me the same vibes. There is no way we could be so stupid to pick up such a good ordinary player on such a hefty contract.

If we pick up Dan McStay on 5 years at 600k we are the laughing stock of the league. When did our trade and free agency team become so incompetent?
McStay is close to being dropped. Who else really wants him? Why are we giving him 5 years? Why not 5 years at 400k if he wants 5 years?
Even if we could be assured he would turn into a Liam Jones style rejuvenated defender, would we want to give him 5 years? Does our defence need that? We already have a lot of money tied up back there.

Oh, plus if we do have that coin, why not put it towards a massive offer for Curnow or McKay next year?

I remember thinking in 2020 trade period, there is no way we could be so stupid. Giving up Treloar for pretty much nothing, Stephenson for nothing, there is no way professionals could have the salary cap in such a mess.

The McStay recruitment is giving me the same vibes. There is no way we could be so stupid to pick up such a good ordinary player on such a hefty contract.
Early days.

I have much more confidence in Wright, than Ned Guy, in making the correct decisions for the club.

The duration and $ are pure media speculation at this point.

Duration: Reported that Brisbane started at 4 years and had to bump it to 5 to compete with other offers.
$: Reported that Brisbane started at $500k p.a. and the media have guessed that others are offering more. Pure speculation.
Other #1: Reported that he and his entire family are Collingwood supporters. Does club supported equal a reduction in duration or $?
Other #2: Are there family considerations that result in a preference for a Victorian move.
Other #3: Former coach Leppa now at Collingwood.

Early days.

I have much more confidence in Wright, than Ned Guy, in making the correct decisions for the club.

The duration and $ are pure media speculation at this point.

Duration: Reported that Brisbane started at 4 years and had to bump it to 5 to compete with other offers.
$: Reported that Brisbane started at $500k p.a. and the media have guessed that others are offering more. Pure speculation.
Other #1: Reported that he and his entire family are Collingwood supporters. Does club supported equal a reduction in duration or $?
Other #2: Are there family considerations that result in a preference for a Victorian move.
Other #3: Former coach Leppa now at Collingwood.
I'd be more than happy with McStay and Hill for next year. Get a KPF with our first pick and then whatever falls our way after that

Oh yes! Complete laughing stock! Why are they not just throwing every inch of cap at 2 guys who are 0% of leaving Calrton. Let's just ignore who could possibly come, and throw everything at people who would never. Get rid of Lipinski and bring in Petracca. Let's trade in Brayshaw from Freo.

Perhaps, and this might sound crazy, but the people who actually get paid to do this know who's likely to be available over the next 2 years. Stop reading Foxsports who make money out of pretending the likes of Curnow and McKay will leave.

Oh yes! Complete laughing stock! Why are they not just throwing every inch of cap at 2 guys who are 0% of leaving Calrton. Let's just ignore who could possibly come, and throw everything at people who would never. Get rid of Lipinski and bring in Petracca. Let's trade in Brayshaw from Freo.

Perhaps, and this might sound crazy, but the people who actually get paid to do this know who's likely to be available over the next 2 years. Stop reading Foxsports who make money out of pretending the likes of Curnow and McKay will leave.
As much as I’d like to have a dip at Curnow and McKay, I agree that I don’t think they’ll leave Carlton. De Koning is more of a chance to leave than those two and I’d be happy to have a crack at him for a reasonable price. Even still, I’m not sure he’ll want to leave.

Really is amusing the amount of people who keep saying McStay can't play and yet every Victorian club enquired about his services and Brisbane have offered 5 years to keep him and just like Shakira's hips AFL clubs don't lie. He's a good player that's why clubs want him, simple equation really.
I like Shakira’s hips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really is amusing the amount of people who keep saying McStay can't play and yet every Victorian club enquired about his services and Brisbane have offered 5 years to keep him and just like Shakira's hips AFL clubs don't lie. He's a good player that's why clubs want him, simple equation really.
If shakiras hips don’t lie, then neither do stats. This is not the profile of someone you offer 5 years at 600k. I pray it’s 400k for 3 and triggers if he actually becomes good, not average.

F0BE772D-322B-4B49-88F3-4DC40D9A5D54.jpeg 69875B62-31BE-4A68-B70F-54ABFE09B215.jpeg

The default position is why get a FA when you can get a King twin! Or any other key forward who has a 0% chance of leaving

I’d be extremely open to that trade…..

If shakiras hips don’t lie, then neither do stats. This is not the profile of someone you offer 5 years at 600k. I pray it’s 400k for 3 and triggers if he actually becomes good, not average.

View attachment 1439928View attachment 1439929
You do know how free agency works right? If the Brions offer 5 at 500k then normally a club needs to offer more for that player to leave. He's coming so I guess you'll just have to be disappointed, I won't be, great pick up.

You do know how free agency works right? If the Brions offer 5 at 500k then normally a club needs to offer more for that player to leave. He's coming so I guess you'll just have to be disappointed, I won't be, great pick up.
So because of FA we overpay for an average player who’s not a KPF when we need an actual KPF. Got it.

As much as I’d like to have a dip at Curnow and McKay, I agree that I don’t think they’ll leave Carlton. De Koning is more of a chance to leave than those two and I’d be happy to have a crack at him for a reasonable price. Even still, I’m not sure he’ll want to leave.
Carlton will have to have some B tier players pushed out. Dr Koning is more likely but might take less to stay. Let's not forget less for him would be still 4 times the average wage. I don't think we need TDK. Think they will push players like Dow, Newman, Kennedy, Silvagni if push comes to shove.

Surprised there hasn't been more chat around trying to lure Larkey out of North. You'd think every club searching for a KPF would be sounding him out given the drama's occurring down at Arden St. Same goes for the likes of Ben McKay, Tarryn Thomas, Cam Zurharr and their young midfield brigade, surely clubs would be circling if there was someone on the north list that took their fancy?

Purely out of interest - what would North realistically ask for a package of McKay (OOC 2023) and Larkey (OOC 2024)?

Right. So let's tie up 600k for 5 years for a guy like McStay. Meaning if/when actual quality comes along we have no cap. I'd prefer to use that money to pay out what we owe Treloar.

To think that you have confidence that "the guys who get paid" will make the right calls. Can't see how/when that has screwed us in the past.

This will be an epicly bad pick up.

Right. So let's tie up 600k for 5 years for a guy like McStay. Meaning if/when actual quality comes along we have no cap. I'd prefer to use that money to pay out what we owe Treloar.

To think that you have confidence that "the guys who get paid" will make the right calls. Can't see how/when that has screwed us in the past.

This will be an epicly bad pick up.
We can't pay out Treloar unless WBD agree. WBD could have cap issues if we bring forward any payments.

We can't pay out Treloar unless WBD agree. WBD could have cap issues if we bring forward any payments.

Ok, how old are you? We are paying Treloar out of our own salary cap. We don't pay him under th bulldogs cap. How would that make any sense?

It's true I don't know if we can try and pay out what we owe him if we have cap room, but I'd definitely do that before getting McStay.

No they wouldn’t. That’s not how it works.

Ok, how old are you? We are paying Treloar out of our own salary cap. We don't pay him under th bulldogs cap. How would that make any sense?

It's true I don't know if we can try and pay out what we owe him if we have cap room, but I'd definitely do that before getting McStay.
It wouldn't be any problem to do it. Treloar would presumably readily agree vary his contract by getting paid more up-front. Hell, we could probably even get him to agree to a bit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back