List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This has real "but I ain't spending any time on it, because in the meantime, every three months, a person is torn to pieces in north Queensland" vibes.

People can care about more than one thing at a time. An issue doesn't have to be the worst thing happening in the world to warrant any attention.

It would be ridiculous if football journalists were putting out nothing but thinkpieces on international politics.

i didnt say we should ignore the footballers and their teenage behaviours. Just spare me the sermons on their "terrible choices" and all the huffing and puffing.

Jeezuz mate, do you ever let up? This is a trade thread, but you constantly push your extreme views on us. If you keep this up, you might end up getting this thread closed, just like you've done to several others in the Magpies Nest. :rolleyes:

omg i didnt consider such a thing. I'll try to get upset more about the footballers' behaviour...

I Have a solution. We ain't getting LDU full stop. I don’t even know where the rumours started, it's just BF fantasy. LDU will stay at norf, he loves the place
I feel the same at the Moment.

Can't see him Leaving North how it sits at the Moment

How did they get caught out? wasn't it a private party?
If you are are having a private function at a public venue then you are out in public. You have the staff who are working the event, the general public you have to walk past to access the function an being a public venue there will likely (and this was the case in this instance) CCTV footage. Fortunately, venue management only provided the footage to the AFL rather than selling it to a tabloid.

For the Pies, the Houston trade was more perfect storm than perfect trade: it ended up being a Bradbury - :
  • Melbourne couldn't complete the trade because, well, they're Melbourne
  • Doggies couldn't complete the trade because they do all their work in the trade period in the last 30 seconds and this was way too complicated for them to pull off in the last minute
  • Cats couldn't complete the trade because they were all in on Smith and needed to keep some reserve for a potential Oliver trade
  • Hawkes were way too busy with Barass
  • Richmond wanted picks not players
  • Essendoom were in a trade period coma (not sure they've awoken yet!)
  • St Kilda didn't want to trade their prized Picks
  • North aren't a destination club and weren't prepared to offer anything more than what the Pies did
  • Carlol, whilst Houston's preferred club, were never in it - they simply don't have the Cap

To cap all this off, Port targeting Richards and Gold Coast targeting Noble meant we had the leverage and the capital to complete the deal.

Kudos to Leppitsch and the recruitment team for getting the deal done. Amongst all the back slapping, best to not ignore the amount of luck involved in this trade.
Don't Forget out Captain accidentally Injuring Petrecca on Kings Birthday started all this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Membrey is what Henry should have been for the club?

Henry has the kind of vertical leap?
Membrey is a player that were getting as a delisted free agent because no one else wants him.
A desperate move, that personally I am not happy with.
I wouldn't get any of the 3 players mentioned.
But if we were desperate which I think we are I would look at Tolmisson first, poor man's Murphy . Murphy was the player we missed the most this year.
Then Hayes and last Membrey

Our gov't is supporting a country that's butchering people and the football world is getting most irate about a couple of footballers acting like teens.
With all due respect the last thing we need is off topic, uninformed, political sloganeering on a footy based website. This thread is about Footy Trades etc. Please stick to the topic or post elsewhere. Thank you.

We need another inside mid for depth.
No way to know how much Titch can give us in 2025.

Atm, we have Ned Long, Sulli, Fin and Ed Allan as depth.

Don't think this is adequate.

Can we somehow grab a mature, big bodied mid as back up for cheap money?

Feel that we need this more than anything else.

This year, our lack of inside mids was a glaring Achilles heel.

With Houston and Perryman now added to our hb line, our ball movement and aggressive rebound will be electric. Our ball movement above all else will be the avenue to goals.

I am happy with our armada of small forwards along with McStay and Checkers to be part of an unpredictable and fast moving forward line which will will feast off the ball movement.

This is why i had hoped we would get Matt Kennedy or Devon Robertson.

We need another inside mid for depth.
No way to know how much Titch can give us in 2025.

Atm, we have Ned Long, Sulli, Fin and Ed Allan as depth.

Don't think this is adequate.

Can we somehow grab a mature, big bodied mid as back up for cheap money?

Feel that we need this more than anything else.

This year, our lack of inside mids was a glaring Achilles heel.

With Houston and Perryman now added to our hb line, our ball movement and aggressive rebound will be electric. Our ball movement above all else will be the avenue to goals.

I am happy with our armada of small forwards along with McStay and Checkers to be part of an unpredictable and fast moving forward line which will will feast off the ball movement.

This is why i had hoped we would get Matt Kennedy or Devon Robertson.
They think Perryman can play some midfield minutes.
Maybe we could look at a mid with one of our picks in the draft, we'l see.
You could add demattia is one that could play midfield too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back