Autopsy Round 18, 2022: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to feel for a player like Geary, who retires with the club being the epitome of what he was not. Absolutely effortless both mentally and physically. Do better. Much better.

Oh, and that 4th qtr won’t cut it.

Good on ya Wilkie (16 marks) Sinclair (36 disp, 1 goal), and Steele (26 disp, 1 goal and 9 tackles). Unfortunately we need others to stand up with them. And I’m getting tired of saying that.

We need to put this on Ratten. How can our skills be so bad, how can our game plan is akin to a little league team, how can our midfield get smashed so easily? how our players don’t play like a team? how can our only strategy to kick a goal is bomb it to King? How come we can’t transition the ball from backline smoothly like a good team?

So many questions… The answer is we’re not a good enough team.. then why is Ratten being rewarded for being the coach of a not good enough team after 3 years?

loop taking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder. Ben Long was the biggest change and it wasn’t a coaching decision

Remember when we drafted JB the pick before Bont.

Good times.

Bont wouldn't be half the player he is if we drafted him.

Would have been playing 3rd tall forward/ruck instead of Blake Acres.

Ratts would have him on the wing doing what he likes and feeling he had a good game when the stats showed 20+ touches.

Same with Petracca. He would have been a fat forward pocket for us.

Got nothing to do with the talent of these guys. Our development is just about the worst in the comp which is why we have to constantly load up with players from other clubs.

No DMac = No Saints.

We need to put this on Ratten. How can our skills be so bad, how can our game plan is akin to a little league team, how can our midfield get smashed so easily? how our players don’t play like a team? how can our only strategy to kick a goal is bomb it to King? How come we can’t transition the ball from backline smoothly like a good team?

So many questions… The answer is we’re not a good enough team.. then why is Ratten being rewarded for being the coach of a not good enough team after 3 years?
I'd ask him one thing:

What has improved since you became coach?
He's had more than enough time to make a difference.

I said it earlier, but if Richo had this squad I doubt they'd be playing with zero heart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back