Robodog Is Back (Don't Worry Only For 1 Game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Much and all as I admire your qualities, Freshwater, red shorts ? To be fair, even Essendon went that mad.
Essendon should wear them as the away team against Collingwood and Carlton. Makes for a better visual match up. I we should wear red short in a retro round. Essendon should wear them a few times a year, I reckon they look good.

Essendon should wear them as the away team against Collingwood and Carlton. Makes for a better visual match up. I we should wear red short in a retro round. Essendon should wear them a few times a year, I reckon they look good.
Essendon should wear red shorts in EVERY game. The only justification for Essendon's existence is to wear red shorts.

While were going back to 1997, can we bring back the injured and recently retired players sitting in the stands giving their 'expert analysis'.

Both 7 and Optus Vision (remember them?) did this on match broadcasts.

7 used a player from each side giving us their views on the game (usually the old 'yeah, nah boys are goin' well, but gotta lift this quarter'.

Optus Vision (remember them?) used players like Garry Lyon, Craig Kelly and gave Breteton his start in footy commentary (not as verbose back then). Usually these players would sit behind the goal and as a player was lining up would tell us what we could already see happening 'yeah, it's through...yeah,she's home boys...' etc.

Simple times. Good times.
Enjoy your nostalgia, DR, I do, but be careful of apostrophes. Were isn't we're. Mate, it's Friday evening, works drinks, no offence.

For nearly 100 years, we wore black shorts at home. They actually looked pretty good in our uniform. Even navy blue shorts would look great with our royal blue jumpers for the right match up or in Ballarat?

For nearly 100 years, we wore black shorts at home. They actually looked pretty good in our uniform. Even navy blue shorts would look great with our royal blue jumpers for the right match up or in Ballarat?
Everyone wore black shorts, although Carlton cheated, navy shorts in the early 70s, surprise, surprise.

Don’t know if anyone saw the retro jackets the club had for sale last week. I popped into the shop 2 days after release to try one on and they had already sold out!

Anyway the club have them available for pre-order but I’ve actually found an online shop with them ready to go. Just got mine today and it’s awesome. If anyone wants the link let me know. I can post it here if I’m allowed but don’t want to do so without asking.

Don’t know if anyone saw the retro jackets the club had for sale last week. I popped into the shop 2 days after release to try one on and they had already sold out!

Anyway the club have them available for pre-order but I’ve actually found an online shop with them ready to go. Just got mine today and it’s awesome. If anyone wants the link let me know. I can post it here if I’m allowed but don’t want to do so without asking.
Go for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they the real 90s parachute type material or are they fleece?

I just don't think it's a good time for the club to be playing dress ups and smiling for photos. It's disrespectful to the supporters, who have had to endure a pathetic season.
Nah, I quite enjoyed it. Apart from the fact I remember Darce and Crofty's first games, and Liber running around in #60 at Windy Hill in his first senior season, Johnno looks like what I used to look like at the footy, and Crofty looks like what I look like now - except for the jumper as I no longer fit into any of my 1980s ones! (And I'm marginally taller than Liber and marginally wider than Crofty!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Robodog Is Back (Don't Worry Only For 1 Game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back