2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really interested to see how Clarkson goes.
There is a lot of fellatio over this guy.

Deserved as a great coach of the early- mid 2010’s.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it works for north, wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.

It's one thing to do it with one playing group, it's another thing to be like Leigh Matthews and to some extent Paul Roos, and do it with 2 different playing groups

I’m really interested to see how Clarkson goes.
There is a lot of fellatio over this guy.

Deserved as a great coach of the early- mid 2010’s.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it works for north, wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.
Coaches are rarely great at 2 teams. Blight, Pagan, Worsfold, Bomber Thompson all spring to mind.

I think North are going to be loaded with young talent over the next couple years and actually have a decent spine already so I think Clarkson is in a pretty sweet position. Next year will probably be tough still but as long as they keep majority of the list together they will be very competitive in not too long.

I think North are going to be loaded with young talent over the next couple years and actually have a decent spine already so I think Clarkson is in a pretty sweet position. Next year will probably be tough still but as long as they keep majority of the list together they will be very competitive in not too long.
They probably have a few more years of pain ahead. It can be quick to turn a list around you need a lot of draft capital to do it. North and pick 1 and nothing else (apart from a few late picks), they should definitely look to move players in exchange for picks in the next 2 drafts and load up on high level top end talent.

They have Clarko for 5 years, it may take them 3 or 4 more years to reach that 8-12 mark we're at right now.

There is a lot to like about North’s position but I see them a lot like us where they are in a continual cycle of losing so they might be picked off by other Melbourne teams.

As soon as you start winning it’s a lot easiler to retain players just look at our case. Hopefully our VFL teams efforts start our success

Could be a way for the suns to get future picks. Josh probably won't get too many games at the suns next year with King and Jeffrey coming back. I think Hawthorn would be a good fit for him, maybe Brisbane.
On form certainly deserves another shot at senior football

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon Clarkson will agree to trade him though? Will want a juicy pick if they do.
North need more draft capital. So players like Bailey Scott and Tarryn Thomas would be good candidates to get picks.

Not sure what his value is though, he's had a very strange season. Just on his potential I reckon if we get Brisbane's first we could trade it and try and get a future 3rd back from North.

But that could be well over what he's currently worth which may be maybe our 2nd round pick around pick 23-25.

I think next year's first with a 2nd or 3rd round back could be a good deal but if we are holding pick 5 and 7 this year they will target them. Since he's contracted we don't have great bargaining power. Certainly some risk there but he has the potential to be a star of the competition.

You reckon Clarkson will agree to trade him though? Will want a juicy pick if they do.
Well that's the question isn't it.

Clarkson is a hardarse. His way or there is a line drawn through you.
Ask Taylor Duyrea ,Matt Suckling, Cousins or Greaves - if you are done,you are done.
Clarkson is not a fan of 'outside influences' - so TT and his constant Social media commentary is something Clarkson would be irritated by.
Posting about his $$$ 10 minutes after a loss on IG is not tolerated under Clarkson - so I guess TT has to decide what's more important - social media and his entourage,or playing under Clarkson.

TT will have one shot at this. Clarkson bears a grudge like no-one else, and was a friggin nightmare at the Hawks after Chris Fagan left.
Fagan was the only one to keep him in check.

I don't think the North fans realise just how much Clarksons needs to run everything without question.

There was a reason Hodge, Mitchell,Lewis and Roughead were moved on early - Clarksons ego couldn't deal with having more highly regarded people still at the club.
Roughead especially, was furious when cut.

He is a spiteful little man when crossed - and he needs to prove to himself - or his ego does - that HE won those flags, and not the once-in-a-lifetime list of players.
He will make some strange calls to get early wins on the board and feed the 'greatest coach' narrative.
Regardless of the long-term future of the club.

Punching walls? Punching fans in Adelaide? Assaulting CEO Justin Reeves?
All true - and there is much more that was covered up.

If TT doesn't 100% drink the Clarko kool-aid - then he's gone.

If I had to guess, which I am - the pick from the Crows plus either a player or a pick in the 30's gets it done.

So pick 5 (6) and Bowes / Fiorini /Sharp or pick 5 (6) and pick 33 + maybe a very,very late one.

High risk,high reward player.

Ask Taylor Duyrea ,Matt Suckling, Cousins or Greaves - if you are done,you are done.
Clarkson is not a fan of 'outside influences' - so TT and his constant Social media commentary is something Clarkson would be irritated by.
Posting about his $$$ 10 minutes after a loss on IG is not tolerated under Clarkson - so I guess TT has to decide what's more important - social media and his entourage,or playing under Clarkson.

TT will have one shot at this. Clarkson bears a grudge like no-one else, and was a friggin nightmare at the Hawks after Chris Fagan left.

I don't think the North fans realise just how much Clarksons needs to run everything without question.

There was a reason Hodge, Mitchell,Lewis and Roughead were moved on early - Clarksons ego couldn't deal with having more highly regarded people still at the club.

He is a spiteful little man when crossed - and he needs to prove to himself - or his ego does - that HE won those flags, and not the once-in-a-lifetime list of players.
He will make some strange calls to get early wins on the board and feed the 'greatest coach' narrative.

If I had to guess, which I am - the pick from the Crows plus either a player or a pick in the 30's gets it done.

So pick 5 (6) and Bowes / Fiorini /Sharp or pick 5 (6) and pick 33 + maybe a very,very late one.

Seems a bit steep if rankine only goes for pick 5.

About 2 minutes in some nuffy says scicily to suns for picks 5 and 7. Geez some of the fans are delusional

Dunkley to the lions rumours growing. If he just wants to get to Qld you'd hope the Sun's are trying to get involved. Can probably give a better salary and better picks.
Glad to see you're thinking along the same lines I was coming here to post this.

If the Lions are asking the question of Dunkley and he's keen to move up to QLD I'd bloody hope we have made contact and thrown our hat in the ring for his services.

Witts, Touk, Ando, Rowelly and Dunkley 🤤 one can only dream!!!

That's far too much for the Suns to pay.

MAYBE Brisbane's first if we get it. TT isn't worth a top 10 pick. Sure, he's contracted but he's had a shocking year. North are selling low, if they ask for too much just wait a year until Clarko really wants him gone.

Don't see Bowes or Sharp leaving this year either.

Glad to see you're thinking along the same lines I was coming here to post this.

If the Lions are asking the question of Dunkley and he's keen to move up to QLD I'd bloody hope we have made contact and thrown our hat in the ring for his services.

Witts, Touk, Ando, Rowelly and Dunkley 🤤 one can only dream!!!
Absolutely, I'd part with pick 7 in a heartbeat for Dunkley, think he's a gun. I'd do 5 tbh but the Dog's would take Busslinger and I'd rather get in before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back