Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You talking about TT. I think the article is about Liam Shiels?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ah yeah, sorry. Just saw the blue and white kit in the picture after reading the TT news elsewhere and assumed it was about Saints aiming to (allegedly. Feel like people use that word a lot with TT…) pick him up.

My bad!

David Schwarz doubles down on his claim that Dustin Martin will continue AFL career with Gold Coast​

A former AFL star has boldly claimed Dustin Martin’s retirement is part of a “long play” strtategy to reunite with Damien Hardwick and continue his career on the Gold Coast.

“It’s not about Dusty retiring, it’s about Dusty going to the Gold Coast."
“I didn’t say that he wouldn’t retire. I said they would end up at the Gold Coast. We’ve got until October 31,” Schwarz told SEN’s The Captain’s Run.

“We have seen this 100 times from AFL players when they retire and then they go and find another place.

“Just sit back, hop on the banana lounge, grab a pina colada and wait and see what happens.

“By no means am I backing down from what I said. And if he doesn’t, well I’ll put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Mal Michael, Luke Hodge, Tim Watson, the list goes on. Let’s just sit back. This is a long play.

“It’s not about Dusty retiring, it’s about Dusty going to the Gold Coast.

“He’s not going there to be a star. He’s going there for marketing reasons, coaching purposes, experience, he’s not going to go there and be Dusty from seven years ago – you know what you’re getting, star power that comes through the door and a great relationship with the coach.

“We get it wrong occasionally, but this one I am still very confident.”

Lets see how he feels after a big Las Vegas bender with his mates

As per usual with GC Fans or maybe I should say Suns Fans anything out of the VFL media is just snapped up verbatim and accepted.

The script always was for Dusty to play game 300, quietly discontinue his career (within reason) and then come to the beautiful little city in October.

The script is being followed.

Mac, King and Jed seems too tall, certainly no spot for Luko
Maybe we have to stop thinking about Luke as a tall and just think of him as a crumbing small forward in a KPF body
I've said a few times we should be trying to turn him into a Breust but that's easier said than done of course

That’s the only spot I see for him going forward (no pun intended).

In a perfect work Luko is a J Cameron type that goes onto a wing and floats back for a mark as the game demands, or player that plays wherever (Blicavs style). Not sure we’ll ever be living in that perfect world though.

Read is our next third tall defender for sure, especially if we leave Mac forward. So Luko has to be that hardworking tall that goes up and down the ground, often unrewarded. He needs to be feeding it into the forward line and maybe get on the end of a few every now and then.

But honestly, we will have too much of our salary being tied up into all our talls very soon, and all that money has to somehow fit in the same field…

Luko needs to be a 3 point shooter from outside range
I hope Dimma can make him work because I'm a fan but I'm not going to be surprised if he requests a trade either and we do a deal
What we've seen from him recently may just be a confidence thing of course- looking disinterested doesnt mean you are
Sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets
I'll take at face value that he told Dimma he wanted to play VFL so if that's the case he's not sooking it up
He's never going to be a lead up forward KPF gorilla
You have to be Riley Thilthorpe to be that guy these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back