List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody else of the view that we should tweak our draft strategy to be cautious about drafting WA players in particular.

If JVR kicks 30 goals next year he'll get $750,000 offers from WA. If Rivers gets good they'll be all over him too. Kosi may well request a trade home at any stage. Luckily Hogan worked out well but that's what he did.

Just think that you'd really want to be finding a real steal in future before drafting a kid from WA because otherwise you're just exposing yourself to having good young players wanting to leave 3 years in.
Pretty much the case with drafting any interstate players tbh.

How many players leave a premiership winning club after their first 3 years, that's pretty much impossible to predict.
He got a premiership medal around his neck and was mentored by a 6 time AA ruck and then he pisses off, what a weak muppet.
tbf getting a big pay day with long term security would be pretty ****ing hard to knock back no matter how much you love the club. Similar to Rankine with the Crows.

Let's be honest if he looked putrid the club would **** him off in a heart beat, so I understand his willingness to move.

Howe pissed me off when he left as he was a surprise selection and was a chance not to play AFL had we not drafted him, in that situation some loyalty is deserved. But a number 3 pick that was getting picked up no matter what, I'm not as bothered

Blake Acres in an interesting one that no one has brought up that could play on a wing opposite Langdon for us.

Would much rather spend money Acres than Grundy.

Blake Acres in an interesting one that no one has brought up that could play on a wing opposite Langdon for us.
I wonder if Richmond have to shed anyone to get Taranto and Hopper. They'll need picks. Not sure who's maybe being under used by them though we can steal

I wonder if Richmond have to shed anyone to get Taranto and Hopper. They'll need picks. Not sure who's maybe being under used by them though we can steal

Who do Richmond play on a wing? McIntosh and ? Id rather Acres over McIntosh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he actually did that I'd forgive him.
"I'll always remember Jackson as a flag player. Always a Dee in my eyes. :thumbsu:" - Topkent

Last edited:
The #1 from round 1-10 is probably a bit of fools gold given who we played. No doubt we dropped away still but I dont think we were that good in reality.
Yeah I'd agree with that, I actually think we played better in the second half of the year than alot of the first, we just played better sides.

"I'll always remember Jackson as a flag player. Always a Dee in my eyes. :thumbsu:" - Topkent
If he gets a top 5 pick and pisses off all the freo w***ers who've been counting their chickens early I'll sig that

Financially it seems to make sense for him to go to the Eagles and he would be the number one ruckman as NN transitions out of the team. Which would be soon. From what has been said, if it is true, he wants to play Ruck full time and that will not happen at Fremantle.

Obviously it would work very well for Melbourne, so I am biased, as they would aim to get the Eagles best draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back