Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.
Fox reported GC was willing to salary dump Bowes. Pick 7 is because they need something something
Pick 7 is because they’re allegedly dumping $1.6m of salary

That rumour was from some random Twitter bozo.
I got it from the rumours thread on the trade board which has links back to the articles they come from — that one was Marc McGowan, Herald Sun — but actually I just clicked into the relevant article and I think it’s a misquote, the North vs Geelong comment is about Bruhn.

I got it from the rumours thread on the trade board which has links back to the articles they come from — that one was Marc McGowan, Herald Sun — but actually I just clicked into the relevant article and I think it’s a misquote, the North vs Geelong comment is about Bruhn.
If Essendon is out of it, no one’s told Ralphy
B37E49A6-B626-4472-98E2-6DA176A3B5AC.png
AB32193C-1D62-4386-A82F-5FF52EB63D5B.png

Collingwood's offseason is;

OUT: Ollie Henry, Brodie Grundy
IN: Dan McStay, Brayden Fiorini

That's.... not great.
They also get bobby hill.
they give up nothing for mcstay and would get a first rounder for Grundy and probably late first rounder or early second for henry
there is method in their plan

They also get bobby hill.
they give up nothing for mcstay and would get a first rounder for Grundy and probably late first rounder or early second for henry
there is method in their plan
I don't think they'll get a first for Grundy honestly. A good second maybe but they'd need to pay a fair amount of his salary if they're getting a first.

isnt the ruck already their weak point - surely losing Grundy doesn't aid that - especially when you were only a kick off a GF
I think they are looking at trends and realising that ~$1m on a ruck is not a sustainable way to build a list.

Look at this year's Grand finalists, Rhys Stanley/Mark Blicavs vs Tom Hickey. In reality, Max Gawn is the only 'elite' ruckman I can think of that has won a GF in the last decade.

I think the game is moving away from the influence of a dominant ruckman, so redistributing that $$$ to other areas for depth or to fill holes might just be a product of analytics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at this year's Grand finalists, Rhys Stanley/Mark Blicavs vs Tom Hickey. In reality, Max Gawn is the only 'elite' ruckman I can think of that has won a GF in the last decade.

I think the game is moving away from the influence of a dominant ruckman, so redistributing that $$$ to other areas for depth or to fill holes might just be a product of analytics.

This is why we should be seriously considering offers for Nick Bryan

This is why we should be seriously considering offers for Nick Bryan
Not this year, but I think eventually we will have to choose between Draper and Bryan as Draper's tank improved. But with where our list is at I dont think we need to make that decision this offseason.

Though the interest in Lloyd Meek (?!?) does make me wonder what the going price might be for him.

Okay, I think I've narrowed down my wishlist completely.

Jack Bowes, 7 and 43 for 22 and F3
Jack Bytel for F4
Picks 8, 27 (Amon compo) and 56 for Aaron Francis and Darcy Parish
Toby Bedford for Brayden Ham
Quinton Narkle DFA
Pick 27 for F2 and 49 (Hawthorne)

Take 4, 7, 8, 40, 43, 49, 56 and 58 to the draft.

Pick 5: Whoever's left of Cadman/Tsatas/Wardlaw/Sheezel
Pick 8: Cameron Mackenzie
Pick 9: Matthias Phillipou
Pick 12: Alwyn Davey jr (matched bid by WB)

Between the five later picks in the draft that's 1458 points, which is enough to cover pick 12 and any possible Munkara bid or take a player later in the draft.

So am I completely delusional or completely and utterly delusional?

isnt the ruck already their weak point - surely losing Grundy doesn't aid that - especially when you were only a kick off a GF

Could also be realistic that a 9-0 run in games < goal is more luck than skill. History says they'll regress to the mean and go 50:50 and maybe make the bottom half of the 8.

Jack Bytel for F4
Quinton Narkle DFA

Between the five later picks in the draft that's 1458 points, which is enough to cover pick 12 and any possible Munkara bid or take a player later in the draft.

Both.

Multiplied together.

Then doubled.

Would anyone consider mitch Robinson for just 12 months to add some toughness into our backline player or players in general … he would cost nothing and I personally think he would be good around the club … plays non sociable football … I think he would bring a lot ? Thoughts?

Jack Bytel for F4
Quinton Narkle DFA

Nobody is taking on Ham.

Would anyone consider mitch Robinson for just 12 months to add some toughness into our backline player or players in general … he would cost nothing and I personally think he would be good around the club … plays non sociable football … I think he would bring a lot ? Thoughts?
Nah, he's ingested enough toxic substances in one week to last a lifetime. He's done.

Jack Bytel for F4
Quinton Narkle DFA

Parish to port creative. And probably not that nuts.
I'd probably trade the pick as part of the dees/freo jackson trade

Freo 1st and F1 for 8.
They can use 8 as part of the jackson deal. Melbourne can thank us by trading bedford for ham.

And if we're trading parish, i want clarke at 7.

Both.

Multiplied together.

Then doubled.
And squared?
Nobody is taking on Ham.
Pretty much the only reason he hasn't been cut is because of external interest.
Parish to port creative. And probably not that nuts.
I'd probably trade the pick as part of the dees/freo jackson trade

Freo 1st and F1 for 8.
They can use 8 as part of the jackson deal. Melbourne can thank us by trading bedford for ham.

And if we're trading parish, i want clarke at 7.
Nah, Melbourne will want two firsts for Jackson and should get it, even if one is a top 10.

And I think Hawthorne probably take him the pick before us

And squared?

Pretty much the only reason he hasn't been cut is because of external interest.

Nah, Melbourne will want two firsts for Jackson and should get it, even if one is a top 10.

And I think Hawthorne probably take him the pick before us
The other pick is Freo's problem to sort out :p
We help with one half of the trade

Clarke to west coast wouldnt surprise me. VC kid, great leadership and they have a big midfield already. They're surely focusing on the midfield rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back