Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ely Smith delisted by Brisbane, know a lot of people are fans of him, get him in for peanuts
Probably due to a lack of interest. If there were any interest they would have traded.

Probably due to a lack of interest. If there were any interest they would have traded.
Will be interested to see if he falls into the bracket of clubs not wanting to trade but just wait for DFA.

I would take Mitch Robinson. Would not care if he only played 20 or so games over two years.

Will be funny to see if Collingwood crumble.. he’s essentially trying to bait them into taking out the behavioural clauses and he’ll stay. Let’s see what the pies are made of haha
He was arguably their MVP during the finals, Pies sure to crumble.

Would love him but the price would be too high.

Stringer & Degoey if on in the midfield would be unstoppable.

I would take Mitch Robinson. Would not care if he only played 20 or so games over two years.

More importantly, can do a lot of different things so good for the list, can take his turn inside, play on a wing, has played as a defensive forward and always brings the heat.

I’m still of the belief that we should probably be bringing in 2 physically ready midfielders (like a Stocker/Setterfield/RCD/Bowes) but I wouldn’t be mad if we brought in Robbo as well.

He’s mad as a cut snake but I reckon you need that sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More importantly, can do a lot of different things so good for the list, can take his turn inside, play on a wing, has played as a defensive forward and always brings the heat.

I’m still of the belief that we should probably be bringing in 2 physically ready midfielders (like a Stocker/Setterfield/RCD/Bowes) but I wouldn’t be mad if we brought in Robbo as well.

Bowes (and pick 7, so clarke assuming hawks take mckenzie)
De Goey
Mitch
Setterfield

All afl quality and what we lack in spades

I wouldn't take De Goey without the same behavioural clauses he's rejected at Collingwood
Come to Essendon JDG, we can give you a contract clause saying that short of murdering somebody we'll always have a bigger scandal going on to keep you out of the headlines.
This
Wouldnt even make top 10 of our issues

oh man Brad Scott and Mitch Robinson

Mitch robinson
just no
classless criticism of coach in the week his team was playing finals because he didn’t get proper send off was pretty ordinary in my opinion

I imagine what Sam Durham turns into with mentoring from Mitch Robinson.
It's a yes from me, if we can actually attract players.

I missed this, what did he say?
He sent a tweet out complaining he didn’t get to say goodbye to the boys after the first Gabba final
he was on trade radio today where he talked about his regret about not getting a proper sendoff
honest hard footballer but geez it was all about mitch

I imagine what Sam Durham turns into with mentoring from Mitch Robinson.
It's a yes from me, if we can actually attract players.

Same reason Kelly was brought to the club IMO. If basic effort is a week by week proposition and not a fundamental non negotiable then you have to bring players in who might be limited but you know will bust their arse and play with dumb courage.

It’s obviously better if those players skew younger but it is what it is. Worth exploring.

Mitch Robinson, 2 years ago, maybe

Now, no way. Slowed to a crawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back