Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good news guys, we're not getting De Goey

JDG on a free, Bowes with 7 added, trade 4 up to 2 for Cadman

The suggestions are getting better
All we need is Jack Graham wanting to stay in Melbourne and an F3 getting the deal done and we're set!
Throw O'Halloran and Bytel in for good measure.

JDG on a free, Bowes with 7 added, trade 4 up to 2 for Cadman

The suggestions are getting better
All we need is Jack Graham wanting to stay in Melbourne and an F3 getting the deal done and we're set!
Throw O'Halloran and Bytel in for good measure.
Like the thinking

Still really unsure on JDG, sit squarely on the fence. I think with Scott he makes our team a fair bit better but feel we lose a few fans aswell

A F3 wont get Graham done whoa contracted basically for 2 more years at the tigers. Theyd want something around 20 for him

Id also move 7 our for 13 and 19 (F2)

Gold Coast list manager pretty much said they won’t be giving Bowes and 7 away like first thought. They will want a decent future pick

Gold Coast list manager pretty much said they won’t be giving Bowes and 7 away like first thought. They will want a decent future pick
Its like when you put something up on market place and all of a sudden you recieve 100 messages happy to pay the asking price

You take it down and then put it up again for a higher price

Was future pick mentioned? Not interested in pick 22 this year?

Last edited:
Ita like when you put something up on market place and all of a sudden you recieve 100 messages happy to pay the asking price

I was working so didn’t really take in what he said but from what I remember he said they are really looking towards next years draft (and use the early pick they get back from the Rankine trade)

Scott’s demonstrated experience and presence at least gives us a shot with any free agents.
Given free agency starts tomorrow, I doubt there's any left thinking "hmm what club would I like to go to"

I mean unless it's a 29/30yo UFA that's been hung out without a contract that no one else really wants. They might still be available and could be good for leadership etc.

Given free agency starts tomorrow, I doubt there's any left thinking "hmm what club would I like to go to"

I mean unless it's a 29/30yo UFA that's been hung out without a contract that no one else really wants. They might still be available and could be good for leadership etc.
Sorry - poorly worded by me. More thinking of those seeking trades like a Jack Bowes. Frees agents only partially covers who we might be engaging with, my bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like when you put something up on market place and all of a sudden you recieve 100 messages happy to pay the asking price

Hardly that, just the media have reported it as it’s pick 7 and bowes with nothing back. Which is ludicrous .

If DeGoey does leave the pies, we will be matching the bid and pick 5 and 17 might be coming our way
You might be able to match the dollars, but if we front load the contact, say 1.5mill yr 1 pretty sure you got no hope of matching. Not suggesting those figures, but that idea so pies couldn't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back