Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DeGoey does leave the pies, we will be matching the bid and pick 5 and 17 might be coming our way
We front end the contract
check mate
however I firmly believe he should stay at the pies

We front end the contract
check mate
however I firmly believe he should stay at the pies
Not anymore. You just have to match the years and dollars, not the year on year amounts

If DeGoey does leave the pies, we will be matching the bid and pick 5 and 17 might be coming our way

It's not about being able to afford him, he's already got a contract in front of him, it's the conditions he's not happy with. trust me, we will match and it will hurt

And what about the terms in your contract? Will you be able to impose those when you match? Why not just remove them now, save yourself from paying him more to achieve same result.

And what about the terms in your contract? Will you be able to impose those when you match? Why not just remove them now, save yourself from paying him more to achieve same result.
You don't you have to match terms just length and price of the contract. It's there for all to see in the AFL rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

huh, you do realise he has a 5 year deal in front of him at 800k per season?
So that is 4 mill in total. We'll offer him 1.5 next year, 1 mill the next year, 600, 600 and 600 that is 4.3 mil.

Look at it this way. We're at an auction and have millions more than you. You can't outbid us. He may choose you for other reasons though.

He is a bloody good player
i reckon we are no chance of getting him but he would make us way better
we have very few hard edged players
I agree with him as a player. But you have to take the person into account. I'm saying no to him as a person.

Few things could turn me away from supporting this club more than recruiting a bloke like De Goey. I'd have hoped the last decade has taught our supporter base that "whatever it takes" isn't the best formula.

Happily, I suspect he swallows his ego and stays at the Pies. But still. Ugh.

Id happily offer 1 mil for him. We have so much space and he improves us so much. Worst case scenario is we force Pies to match overs and walk away.
Agree should be a 2 mill over 2 years deal from us if we wanted him. 3 over 3 is probably getting too risky

Pies probably match that

Give Bowes his 2 years at 800kpa. Offer him another 2 years on top at 500kpa. Works out to an average of 650kpa over 4. Quite generous imo and if anyone wants to beat the $ i think we should walk away.

GC will want future picks to match their academy players next year

Ess In Bowes, 7, 31
GC In F2, F3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back