Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

SLF was the one trying to draw that link, not me.

I fully understand what they’re asking, it’s what they always ask. For members who already pour money into the club to just tip in a little bit more.

I’ll tell you what, if they bring all games back to Melbourne within two years, I’ll tip in $1,000 bucks to the Arden Fund.

Have you just worked out you barrack for North mate?

Actually just started reading Remembering Hookesy. "What do you need your organs for after you're dead?"

My 1st sporting hero, even before D. Dench.

79943.jpg
I loved David Hookes!! I haven't seen that book before.

Investment options for the fund... medicinal cannabis, is going to be huge. If only we knew someone in the game. Seriously though, massive. Health generally.

Given the amount of health stuff that's going to be down there ...

I loved David Hookes!! I haven't seen that book before.
I grabbed it in a second hand bookshop in Caloundra last week. Apparently there's a leather bound version around as well.

Half the teams we most commonly play in Tassie are low drawing interstate teams, so it much be much profit. So the point stands, in that the capitol investment needs to be significant just to replace that money, let alone provide extra.

$3 million as a start is good but really for its purpose is tiny amount. This needs to get big and over time it can. Saying that it is optional, do what you want, but the money needed to really make this game changing is a lot so the club will be asking for a while.
As a club we have been so vulnerable (talks re: merging, move to Tassie etc) because we have had long term debt and zero assets. That doesn't make us a viable and sustainable business. It has us out rattling tins again to try and stay at Arden St.

It is an extraordinary effort to pull through COVID with a profit each year, huge membership increases, sponsorships etc particularly in a rebuild period and very poor onfield. And we did Arden St refurb. Majority of clubs reported losses each COVID year.

We have now cleared our debt, reportedly will have $3M in cash assets which we have NEVER had before and can build the future fund - financial security.

It genuinely means our footy programs have the support, resources, start of the art facilities etc to focus onfield and (hopefully) start delivering against the rebuild plan.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a club we have been so vulnerable (talks re: merging, move to Tassie etc) because we have had long term debt and zero assets. That doesn't make us a viable and sustainable business. It has us out rattling tins again to try and stay at Arden St.

It is an extraordinary effort to pull through COVID with a profit each year, huge membership increases, sponsorships etc particularly in a rebuild period and very poor onfield. And we did Arden St refurb. Majority of clubs reported losses each COVID year.

We have now cleared our debt, reportedly will have $3M in cash assets which we have NEVER had before and can build the future fund - financial security.

It genuinely means our footy programs have the support, resources, start of the art facilities etc to focus onfield and (hopefully) start delivering against the rebuild plan.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree completely, my point was more that people were saying why are they still asking memebers for money when they already have $3 million in the fund now. Thet are asking because to achieve what you and I are hopeful for, in that North Melbourne is stable and viable finacially off field for the years to come they will need a lot more than $3 mil. Hence why they are still asking

Is there any thoughts about trying to add some sort of seating to the ground possibly behind the goals if they level it out
Hopefully they get around to making some improvements to the facilities for spectators which are pretty much non-existent at the moment.
Even something simple like some bench seating around the boundary fence would help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another reason to be happoy that the Liberals are non-factors in Victoria;

That whole area around Arden St is going to be INCREDIBLY prime real estate.

Having been to the Women's game earlier today at Punt Rd.....I hope we get some form of seating to accommodate people attending games at Arden Street.

We need it and really....should already be a thing.

I believe some seating was included in our latest pitch to government.

It's good news, but I just don't get how you interpret it as a Liberal v Labor thing.

Because it's a Labor government election committment.

If Liberals got in, it wouldn't happen.

(And i'm not a labor voter, btw)

Because it's a Labor government election committment.

If Liberals got in, it wouldn't happen.

(And i'm not a labor voter, btw)

If you have evidence / support for the second sentence above, then your initial post is probably reasonable. Otherwise, ...

I'm neither Liberal nor Labor. Just irks me that one side is given kudos / criticism for something that would be applicable to both sides.

If you have evidence / support for the second sentence above, then your initial post is probably reasonable. Otherwise, ...

Sure.

Here's the Victorian Shadow Health Minister quoted by an ABC journo;

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back