Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne has announced an operating profit before redevelopment funding and amortisation of $685,132. The club achieved an overall net profit of $6,283,060 for the 2022 financial year ending October 31.

Total revenue increased from $39.3m to $50.5m, which included $6.2m in funding for the Arden Street Stage 2 redevelopment. The net assets of the club increased to $18.9m from $12.6m in 2021.

North Melbourne achieved a record membership tally of 50,161, up eight per cent on the 2021 total and the first time the club has attracted over 50,000 members in its history.

Commercially, the re-signing of major club partner Mazda for a further three years was a highlight. One of the longest running partnerships in Australian sport, Mazda has been a principal partner of the club since 1999. The partnership will reach its 25th year in 2023.

Continuing the club’s commercial success, platinum partner Spirit of Tasmania extended their long-term relationship with the club for a further three seasons.

“The latest positive result is the club’s 11th consecutive operating profit and our 15th profit in the last 16 years. This is a fantastic result and testament to the unwavering support of our members and commercial partners,” North Melbourne acting chief executive officer Chris Simmonds said.

“In 2022, the club has continued to build its off-field strength, achieved a positive financial result and further embedded itself in its Arden Street home.

“Among the notable off-field achievements, the club re-signed Mazda and Spirit of Tasmania, completed the $8m Stage 2 Arden Street redevelopment and ensured the club’s home will remain in its heartland of North Melbourne through the Arden Precinct strategy.

“Former club chief executive officer Ben Amarfio played a pivotal role in a number of key projects that have contributed to the club’s improved financial security. We thank Ben for his leadership and dedication to these critical pieces of work.”

Highlights of North Melbourne’s financial year:
- Operating profit before redevelopment funding and amortisation of $685,132. Overall net profit of $6,283,060 for the 2022 financial year ending October 31.

- Total revenue increased from $39.3m to $50.5m, which included $6.2m in funding for the Arden Street Stage 2 redevelopment.

- The net assets of the club increased to $18.9m from $12.6m in 2021.

- A record-breaking 50,161 North Melbourne members including 3373 AFLW members signed up.

- An eight per cent increase in the club’s overall membership number, and a 25% uplift in junior memberships.

View attachment 1573998
Lol Caro and her 'cash strapped Kangaroos' bulldust.

Lol Caro and her 'cash strapped Kangaroos' bulldust.
im rich cash money GIF

Another good financial result 👍 on the back of staying in profit during the plague years 👍👍

Hopefully the next step in the Arden St upgrade involves improving the spectator facilities at Arden St. Even something simple like seating around the boundary line would be an improvement.

Sadly, this Soviet bus stop offers more seating and protection from the weather than the current version of Arden St does.

AFB6E608-42FE-4E63-AF65-9616615417AA.png

Libs losing in such devastating fashion is great news for our expansion plans, its going to happen now, and likely get bigger and better.

Its also final victory for those of us in these threads who argued "woke" community focus was where they money is at, and the only viable direction of travel for the club.

All of the change rooms have been built into the current facilities so I doubt they'd want to duplicate that.

In the report its described it as extra training and community use type thing.

There are times when AFL/AFLW/VFL clash with training needs so I think it will just help provide enough space for all our teams to operate at a professional level.

All of the change rooms have been built into the current facilities so I doubt they'd want to duplicate that.
Was just thinking aloud about having a new ground that could have space around it to build a grandstand and have greater capacity for crowds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just thinking aloud about having a new ground that could have space around it to build a grandstand and have greater capacity for crowds
Yeah it was a real missed opportunity by the club to push for something that was more directed at the club. I do believe that we will be keeping the grounds so maybe it is but just worded as more of a community space in the brief.

Another good financial result 👍 on the back of staying in profit during the plague years 👍👍

Hopefully the next step in the Arden St upgrade involves improving the spectator facilities at Arden St. Even something simple like seating around the boundary line would be an improvement.

Sadly, this Soviet bus stop offers more seating and protection from the weather than the current version of Arden St does.

View attachment 1574090
Toughen up and bring your own car horn 🤣

In the report its described it as extra training and community use type thing.

There are times when AFL/AFLW/VFL clash with training needs so I think it will just help provide enough space for all our teams to operate at a professional level.
I’m not too fussed about that, I enjoy the old school battle the elements whilst I watch footy experience but I really do hope whoever has planned this development has had the foresight to make sure everything electric or geothermal no gas 🤞

Yeah it was a real missed opportunity by the club to push for something that was more directed at the club. I do believe that we will be keeping the grounds so maybe it is but just worded as more of a community space in the brief.

Jeez some people sook endlessly.

Lukes not sooking at all.

I think most people would love to see more and more improvements to the ground so watching games there is a more accessible experience.

I feel like it will happen at some stage and needs to happen. Thats not a criticism of the current plan.

"Missed opportunity" is sooking.

Ffs we work our guts out to get a deal that secures the club at Arden Street for eternity and people are saying its a "missed opportunity".

"Missed opportunity" is sooking.

Ffs we work our guts out to get a deal that secures the club at Arden Street for eternity and people are saying its a "missed opportunity".
Mate there’s more facilities for the crowd at a junior club in Bonnie doon

Mate there’s more facilities for the crowd at a junior club in Bonnie doon

Yeah, but the oval shits on Bonnie Doon's, as does the facilities for players and the location. 15 years ago the joint was shitheap with protables.

Look at how far we've come. We finally secure ourselves there and already sooks like you are saying it isn't good enough.

I mean ffs. Look at how far we've come in such a short time.

Mighty Essendon with all their cash are only just getting aroung to putting in some seats and shade cloth ffs.

I didn’t mean it to come across as sooking but that’s ok.

I followed this pretty closely and attended as much of the community engagement things I could and filled in as many feedback things as I could.

While I love that we are established at Arden St and hopefully it’s permanent the way I read all the council stuff was that the oval was for the community and nothing specific about it in relation to NMFC, like if we have preference to use it for a game or practice over the wider community.

I love what they have done in not being evicted, which I guess could have happened. I would just have liked more specific mention of the club being involved.

I got the feeling that the council were pandering to the current residents more than anything. Anyway it might just be the way they need to proceed to get these things through, I’m no expert.

I didn’t mean it to come across as sooking but that’s ok.

I followed this pretty closely and attended as much of the community engagement things I could and filled in as many feedback things as I could.

While I love that we are established at Arden St and hopefully it’s permanent the way I read all the council stuff was that the oval was for the community and nothing specific about it in relation to NMFC, like if we have preference to use it for a game or practice over the wider community.

I love what they have done in not being evicted, which I guess could have happened. I would just have liked more specific mention of the club being involved.

I got the feeling that the council were pandering to the current residents more than anything. Anyway it might just be the way they need to proceed to get these things through, I’m no expert.
Yeah we can’t bring up what can be improved without being called sooks

Yeah we can’t bring up what can be improved without being called sooks
Context is key, using the words "a missed oportunity" is sooking, espcially given the monumental effort and achievement of the club to get this result. If it had been phrased as I would like to see.... or hopefully they can develop this... then I would agree with your statement

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back