News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone gets PAID for this
Let that sink in
It’s not even a well written article and the quote from the so called professor is almost incoherent.
I hate it when the headline changes every time you read it as well
I’m seriously considering becoming a journalist if that Steve Drill knob actually got paid money to write that .

I actually think it's a well researched article. The journalist has obviously sat down with someone at the club and really drilled down. I think if you are mid 20s and had one good season in 2020 but then spent the next few out of the side you start to get to the point of make or break. He still has to do the work and break back into the side. Ben Long had an elite pre season a few years back too. It doesn't win a you a contract.

Hunter Clark too. Next year is coming up to the point where he either makes it or ends up a GOP. Paton, Clark, Coffield, Connolly, Bytel, Byrnes, Allison, Highmore, Billings etc need to make a jump or could be pushed out. I hope they all use the opportunity that a new coaching set up brings to push themselves to become something more.
The Hunter Clark section cracked me up tbh. The journalist couldn't get anyone close to him to give him any insight, best they could get is an auntie or one of his childhood mates' mum's to recall that he did music and loved dinosaurs when he was 7 lol!

What's the bet one of his teammates sticks a sax-playing T-Rex with raybans on his locker door in the pre-season?

ST Kilda has been put on notice over the pending appointment of Ross Lyon as senior coach, with a leading academic believing the club has a “culture problem”.
Saints chiefs have refused to answer questions about a payment made to a former junior female Fremantle staff member over alleged sexual harassment when Ross Lyon was coach.

The courting of Lyon follows the club’s failed attempt to recruit Collingwood bad boy Jordan De Goey and the recent elevation of Simon Lethlean to chief executive after he left the AFL following an office affair scandal.

Dr Adele Pavlidis, a Griffith University senior lecturer who investigates social issues in sport, said she believed: “St Kilda has a culture problem. They need to start thinking differently about who should be leading.”

Lyon is the short priced favourite, with the St Kilda coaching job among the topics discussed on Lindsay Fox’s $5 million 85th birthday cruise from New York to Montreal in September.

Brett Ratten was sacked as coach last week – just months after he was re-signed for two years – because the club did not believe he would win a premiership.

The Herald Sun has this week put questions to St Kilda president Andrew Bassat, and board members Jennifer Douglas and Sarah Lowe in regards to circumstances surrounding Lyon’s messy exit from the Dockers.

Mr Bassat, co-founder of Seek, and Ms Lowe, a managing partner at top-tier professional services firm Ernst and Young, directed the questions to the club’s public relations team.

The club’s media manager Ana Raica said in response to written questions about Lyon and the Fremantle sexual harassment complaint, or whether Lyon was approached before Ratten was sacked: “The Club is currently in the process of filling the vacancy of its senior coaching role and will provide an update when appropriate.”

Lyon addressed the Fremantle sexual harassment complaint, which resulted in a six-figure payout, last year when his name was floated for the top job at the Carlton football club.

“But what I can say is, and I said at the time when I addressed things in Fremantle, the duress and the hurt that a lot of parties were feeling, I felt terrible,” he said on Footy Classified.

“I need to say this; there was a respectful and confidential resolution reached and designed to protect all parties.

“The reason it’s respectful as well is because it is confidential. My intention is to respect that and not comment any further.”

In 2018, when the sexual harassment matter was exposed, AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan said: “There’s a wide series of options available for getting resolution. There are many cases that are resolved confidentially.”

Dr Pavlidis said St Kilda, and all AFL clubs, needed diversity.

“We don’t just need more women in AFL clubs because some women will toe the line, what we need is a shift in culture,” she said.

“We need people with different backgrounds. If we didn’t have the AFLW then we wouldn’t be having this conversation but they’re just doing so much in speaking out and it shouldn’t be all on those players to be the saving grace of the league”.

Dr Pavlidis suggested St Kilda was unlikely to win a premiership with its current culture. “Something needs to shift if their culture for them to win, with the culture they have at the moment I can’t see them doing well or for them all, including their women’s teams, feeling a strong sense of commitment or belonging,” she said.

Deakin University’s Dr Kim Toffoletti, a leading figure in the study of women in sport, said boards needed to consider gender issues when making senior leadership appointments.

“AFL clubs have to think about the kinds of appointments they make,” she said.

“A reflection on gender issues is required and that’s something that boards need to think about.

“It’s clear there are now stakeholders calling for transparency. Fans are demanding more transparency.”

Lethlean left the AFL in July 2017 after it was revealed he had a relationship with a junior female employee.

He was once touted as a successor to McLachlan, who has announced his plans to leave as AFL chief executive.

De Goey stayed at Collingwood despite a strong offer from the Saints.

His future at the Pies was put under a cloud after he was charged in New York over a nightclub incident and a video of him partying in Bali went viral.

De Goey plead guilty to harassment, which did not carry a conviction, and agreed to undergo anger management training after his charges were downgraded in January.
What a joke. How many people actually believe this type of baseless garbage?

And of all the club's, the one that championed inclusivity before any other, one of the first to really promote their women's team.

Ross Lyon should never work in a football club again because he did what exactly? Made a lewd comment?

The journalist obviously went looking for outrage on the back of all the activity over the Clarko scandal and managed to find some university professor disconnected enough from reality to give them a bit of drama. It's desperate stuff, and reflects poorly on anyone foolish enough to go along with it.

And of all the club's, the one that championed inclusivity before any other, one of the first to really promote their women's team.

Ross Lyon should never work in a football club again because he did what exactly? Made a lewd comment?

The journalist obviously went looking for outrage on the back of all the activity over the Clarko scandal and managed to find some university professor disconnected enough from reality to give them a bit of drama. It's desperate stuff, and reflects poorly on anyone foolish enough to go along with it.
She "investigates social issues in sport". What a load of crap. She is an utter nobody, irrelevant, another sanctimonious virtue-signalling tosser.

f3Zicii5_400x400.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well since Lyon’s first gig we’ve tried an Oompa-Loompa, a bloke with the personality of a village Vicar and a human Humphrey Bear. And where’s that got us?

Meanwhile clubs with coaches with personality defects have racked up flags.

If we were ever to listen to this garbage and act upon it, and appoint someone safe and “diverse”, then that would be it for me.

Give me Ross, warts and all, and at least give me hope.
Oompa-Loompa, Village Vicar and Human Humphrey Bear*...

Bloody brilliant Dr S as much as any of your also funny memes.

Meh, the media know they get clicks when they write negative stuff. They do it and we all go off and read it in outrage and repost it and others read it and they get encouraged to do it again.

Who gives any ****s, we are getting negative stuff written at least. We were so irrelevant that negativity towards us was as seen as mean as tipping geriatrics out of mobility scooters.

She "investigates social issues in sport". What a load of crap. She is an utter nobody, irrelevant, another sanctimonious virtue-signalling tosser.

View attachment 1540771

she lectures for uni courses that won't get you a job.
she publishes journal papers that no-one reads.
she has a sourpuss face.

she lectures for uni courses that won't get you a job.
she publishes journal papers that no-one reads.
she has a sourpuss face.
I think she's kind of cute.

Amelia_dyer1893.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back