News Hawthorn AGM 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I stumbled upon an interview with Mathew Berryman on SEN this afternoon from last week, where he outlined that the election was “being driven by ego(gowers)” and was saying that it should’ve been more about who was the right person to be president.

I am beyond perplexed at how oblivious and completely unaware those backing Nankivell were to the feeling toward the current board and Jeff amongst members.

Vanders too, clearly oblivious.

How did they not pick up the discontent from members at all? How did they misread the membership base so poorly that they thought that sending those emails out sidelining the candidates was going to sit well?
And most of all, how were they so unaware that they were going to be the kiss of death for Nankivell no matter how qualified he was, when there was such a strong undercurrent of displeasure with the boards reluctance to speak up or be known as anything other than Jeff’s board who nominated one of their own?

I’m just completely dumbfounded, perhaps even angry on Nankivell’s behalf, that they ruined his run at the presidency by being so ignorant of the climate he was going to be asked to navigate.

The only chance he ever stood would have been if he’d distanced himself from Jeff and all of his actions over the last 12 months the moment he got a chance to speak, and only then outlined why he was the right man for the job.

I stumbled upon an interview with Mathew Berryman on SEN this afternoon from last week, where he outlined that the election was “being driven by ego(gowers)” and was saying that it should’ve been more about who was the right person to be president.

I am beyond perplexed at how oblivious and completely unaware those backing Nankivell were to the feeling toward the current board and Jeff amongst members.

How did they not pick up the discontent from members at all? How did they misread the membership base so poorly that they thought that sending those emails out sidelining the candidates was going to sit well?
And most of all, how were they so unaware that they were going to be the kiss of death for Nankivell no matter how qualified he was, when there was such a strong undercurrent of displeasure with the boards reluctance to speak up or be known as anything other than Jeff’s board who nominated one of their own?

I’m just completely dumbfounded, perhaps even angry on Nankivell’s behalf, that they ruined his run at the presidency by being so ignorant of the climate he was going to be asked to navigate.

The only chance he ever stood would have been if he’d distanced himself from Jeff and all of his actions over the last 12 months the moment he got a chance to speak, and only then outlined why he was the right man for the job.
Ego. Plain and simple. They thought they were better and knew better than anyone else. Too much time at the top and not willing to listen to the membership base. Glad it’s moving in a new direction

Sorry, but don’t believe he is an innocent.

Derm was sen today saying he didn’t want to be seen picking sides but he’s wrapped his boy Gowers got in or something to that affect.

Derm on SEN.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Derm was sen today saying he didn’t want to be seen picking sides but he’s wrapped his boy Gowers got in or something to that affect.
Derm was writing some pretty horrible shit about Clarko last year on Facebook and then going on tv the very same day and being super nice, respectful and diplomatic when asked about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derm was writing some pretty horrible s**t about Clarko last year on Facebook and then going on tv the very same day and being super nice, respectful and diplomatic when asked about him.
Television has a set schedule, with an appointment time you know you have to be sober for.

The internet, however, is at your beck and call 24/7, and particularly enticing eight beers in...

It's a repeating cycle.....

In the 80's, we were on top of the world.. destination club, GF every year, best players, life was perfect .......
Then we started to believe we were invincible... wasted money, poor administration, bad decisions, almost folded, flogged every week ......

2008-15... we were top of the world again, threepeat, awesome players, couldn't do a thing wrong.
2017 onwards... back to the bad old days

I couldn't believe it either. He's either that classic type of person who can't read a room, or he's a spineless sheep who will publically go on record and sprout lies to further his political position.

Both are bad.

Interesting commentary on Hawks Insiders tonight, with Ash Browne declaring that Gowers didn't really push how connected he is behind the scenes in the footy world, particularly regarding his old xaverian connections and with the administration that run the game. Ash was saying that Andy is well respected and will not need to come out swinging publicly in order to influence those who govern the game, as he will be able to do so privately.

Music to my ears.

Interesting commentary on Hawks Insiders tonight, with Ash Browne declaring that Gowers didn't really push how connected he is behind the scenes in the footy world, particularly regarding his old xaverian connections and with the administration that run the game. Ash was saying that Andy is well respected and will not need to come out swinging publicly in order to influence those who govern the game, as he will be able to do so privately.

Music to my ears.
Much said on Vanders? I saw that was to be a talking point

Much said on Vanders? I saw that was to be a talking point
Ash said that they had a fair inkling he would pull the pin if Nank didn’t get up, after talking to him. He was wedded to Nankivell getting up.

Music to my ears.

Have seen the Xaverians weave their magic in the corporate world - it's a sight to behold.

Have seen the Xaverians weave their magic in the corporate world - it's a sight to behold.
As have I. Unfortunately it results in some deadshit people getting fairly important roles, otherwise I might admire it.

The Lewis call is fascinating. My strong mail was that he was a staunch Nank ally. I wonder if Sam/ Andy can still win him over.
Surely, he's a stauncher ally of Sam's than Nank's! Thus, would take a role to help out Sam rather than spite Andy.

Why would Lewis even be closely aligned with Nank anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back