News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Very proud of STANLEY.

Copped crap most of the year and delivered when it counts.
Admittedly he was quiet, but the immediate crowd around where I sat in the Pies final, absolutely brutal on Stanley to the point I was embarrassed by some of the commentary.

Admittedly he was quiet, but the immediate crowd around where I sat in the Pies final, absolutely brutal on Stanley to the point I was embarrassed by some of the commentary.
Quiet?

His role was to ruck and drop back to give Blicavs space. Played it perfectly

Was beautiful coaching. Sydney had no answer to it

Personally, I think we should dial it down a little when it comes to Mullin..Looks like a fine athlete and yes, physically ready..

But expecting him to break into a Premiership outfit before he's even played one game of AFL football is,IMO, a little over the top.

Of course, if I'm proved wrong, that can only be a good thing for Geelong.

Nah, I won’t be doing that.

He’s going to play an AFL game next year, I just want everyone to be mentally prepared.

I am all more for people backing players early, than ones who bag players early
There is a place between going full nuffy on the next GAS and bagging a player as crap and list clogger.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He fits Geelongs biggest weakness. Rebounding the football from the backline with speed. Henry, kolodjashnij, Bews and O’Connor just don’t have the agility, speed and confidence to do it on a regular basis which makes it slow football at times. Geelong from 2007-11 had great rebounders in Enright, hunt, scarlett, wojo and Mackie. Which helped move the ball with pace. So I feel get him the into team as soon as possible with Geelongs motto to move it on quickly will help out a lot. Duncan’s isn’t really a half back flanker but gets used there for he’s good disposal. only real good rebounders are Stewart and Guthrie who are the only natural defenders, with Touhy pinch hitting from wing to defence. Guthrie is still working on he’s kicking to be a real rebounding threat. So I feel Mullin should be getting games because of his pace on that alone. If we had a Saad, McKenna or even a Clark type player, someone who isn’t afraid to take the game on in other words. Playing out of the backline would make Geelong even stronger. Geelong just doesn’t have a fast or mobile backline sadly enough (good to great markers though). Too many dour defenders with not so good foot skills. So this will help the team to get a more explosive player to move the ball quickly.

Henry could be that type too but gets a little too caught up with ball in hand and might not have the nimbleness to play like that. Bews foot skills are hit and miss and once in a blue moon plays risky football where something good happens but doesn’t do it nearly enough. Koladjashnij isn’t mobile enough and doesn’t have the footy smarts or skills to execute fast attractive football. O’Connor doesn’t have the courage to do it and seems to go in his shell at times to be consistent and De Koning is still young and learning to have that offensive side to he’s game. They’re average to above average stoppers. There offensive side is just not a weapon. So it’s about finding that balance. Even someone like Jermaine Jones could help the defence out haha.
I think you're a bit harsh on O'Connor. He was good in the GF and he's not slow. That run down tackle was superb and shook up the Swans. He will only get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back