Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

The training guernseys just aren't flattering. Vascularity (just) through the biceps, defined shoulders, he's fine. Not everyone will or even should be at 7-8% body fat like Jy.
Yep when I went to get my fitting, they explained they have to be tight so people can’t pull on them.

Gonna be looking preggers with a belly full of carbs

The barometer.

Fingers crossed he has matured enough now so that there isn’t such a void between his good games and poor games.
It’s been less of a void and more of a gaping chasm.

A void would be a decent improvement.

Agree. Looks to have taken the off season pretty seriously as he usually doesn’t come back in the best condition.
It’s something that’s been pointed out ad nauseum since the Scott years, but the fitness standards across the board are at local league levels at this club.

It’s good to see that it appears to have changed.

It’s something that’s been pointed out ad nauseum since the Scott years, but the fitness standards across the board are at local league levels at this club.

It’s good to see that it appears to have changed.

Agreed, the boys definitely look more mature and conditioned comparing to just about any pre-season over the last 5 years. (Excludes Stevo, Taylor & Scott, who are all praying mantis types)

Jeepers you people are bloody harsh. ( And I acknowledge I am brutal on our list, and have been for quite sometime)

Poor bugger's been playing a quasi-CHF role. From that he's a medium sized fwd playing for the worst side in the competition. All clubs would have been putting time into Zurhaar and Larkey and no one else would have raised a mention beyond, "who"?

His 2020 was poor.

His last two seasons for a medium fwd have been solid when all factors are considered.

2022- 60 scoring shots from 155 kicks.
2021- 54 scoring shots from 163 kicks.

Hopefully, Comben, Sheezel and Stephenson can make his life easier in 2023

His job will be the same and yeah he may continue to improve which is great news, but the nature of a mid fwd is to come in and out of games.

Jeepers you people are bloody harsh. ( And I acknowledge I am brutal on our list, and have been for quite sometime)

Poor bugger's been playing a quasi-CHF role. From that he's a medium sized fwd playing for the worst side in the competition. All clubs would have been putting time into Zurhaar and Larkey and no one else would have raised a mention beyond, "who"?

His 2020 was poor.

His last two seasons for a medium fwd have been solid when all factors are considered.

His job will be the same and yeah he may continue to improve which is great news, but the nature of a mid fwd is to come in and out of games.
This. Plus he has been playing injured A LOT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His 2020 was poor.

**** me TAO good points.

Imagine planning to play us in the last few years?

It'd be like when you get into a carpark with too many free spots and can't work out where to park.

Voss playing us in 2022-

Do I exploit the fact they only have 2 blokes who can kick goals?

Or only 1 bloke winning it on the inside?

Or 1 bloke capable of taking off on the outside?

Or the fact their key defenders are currently Tom Cruise and Tony Barber?

Or do we just go head to head and beat the shit out of the 4-5 sub 70kg blokes they have out there?

Perhaps it was the Plan
We are following the Bottom Out playbook
This year we lose competitively while Clarko reprograms players with potential and turns them into footballers
Zurhaar could be an AA player if he could learn to do, and actually do, all the team things which he does occasionally at the moment

Zurhaar had a great year. We just sucked as a team.

Round 10 against Melbourne, he had three goals and one behind from only 34 inside 50s. Against Richmond he won us the game off his own boot with 6 goals from only 46 inside 50s.

That’s the story of his entire year.

Last year, Zurhaar kicked a goal on every 24 entries. Fritsch was arguably the best medium forward last year and kicked a goal on every 25 entries. Stengle was the AA forward pocket and kicked a goal on every 27 entries.

Zurhaar is elite. If he played for Geelong he’d be considered the best medium/small forward in the league.

He does look fit
To me he is one player that will be the guide to how our 2023 goes.
I don't think he's been professional enough, turning up to the last 2 seasons not as fit as he should be. We all enjoyed his posts about Night light, but maybe he could have looked in the mirror and asked himself if he also was doing all he could to be the best footballer he could be.

I reckon Clarko would have given him a bit of a rocket, and hopefully we get a good consistent season where hes fit, brings that great defensive attitude we love (week after week), and brings his team mates into play more.

I’ve read on here that CZ was given a rocket upon return

Zurhaar had a great year. We just sucked as a team.

Round 10 against Melbourne, he had three goals and one behind from only 34 inside 50s. Against Richmond he won us the game off his own boot with 6 goals from only 46 inside 50s.

That’s the story of his entire year.

Last year, Zurhaar kicked a goal on every 24 entries. Fritsch was arguably the best medium forward last year and kicked a goal on every 25 entries. Stengle was the AA forward pocket and kicked a goal on every 27 entries.

Zurhaar is elite. If he played for Geelong he’d be considered the best medium/small forward in the league.
he had a good half year. Like the previous season where he also had a slow start to the season

No ones questioning his attacking ability, but the barometer to me is his defensive efforts.I dont think hes been turning up in good enough shape at the start of the season and it was reflected in this part of his game

He could be anything. I Just want to see him really fit and back to his intimidating best

**** me TAO good points.

Imagine planning to play us in the last few years?

It'd be like when you get into a carpark with too many free spots and can't work out where to park.

Voss playing us in 2022-

Do I exploit the fact they only have 2 blokes who can kick goals?

Or only 1 bloke winning it on the inside?

Or 1 bloke capable of taking off on the outside?

Or the fact their key defenders are currently Tom Cruise and Tony Barber?

Or do we just go head to head and beat the s**t out of the 4-5 sub 70kg blokes they have out there?

Yes I can but don't want to imagine playing us. How is the below for an as selected fwd line, Crikey.

1675125189843.png
I'd prefer

Simpkin Larkey Curtis
Zurhaar Comben Sheezel

Cam is just exploiting the new "no skinfolds because fat shaming is bad for mental health" rule the AFL brought in.

1 kg = 4 kgs of pressure on your knees. Looks like he could lose another 12-16kgs of pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back