Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was to play SANFL all year, if he didn’t win the Magarey then it’s confirmation of the bias. He’d be getting close to 40 possessions each week
Not necessarily.
He could average 25 in the afl, it’s just the type of disposals that’s the issue.
Can’t see why this would change in the SANFL.

If he's playing WELL our midfield won't suck. It's not rocket science.
Define “playing WELL”..

seems a few around here define it as…

“sure, he might be poor by hand and foot, makes bad decisions and has no hurt factor whatsoever.. but he gets close to 40 possessions a game and he runs hard!!!”…

Define “playing WELL”..

seems a few around here define it as…

“sure, he might be poor by hand and foot, makes bad decisions and has no hurt factor whatsoever.. but he gets close to 40 possessions a game and he runs hard!!!”…
And she twisted the answer anyway, I said our midfield mix will suck. He could play well but our collective doesn’t, so our midfield could still suck.

Jenny is amusing, she supports all the players, that means she can’t nominate a player to miss

Exactly right

If Crouch spent time at half forward he'd find the footy. There are things to criticise him for but he gets the ball.

Been disappointing that he's never been even given a stint elsewhere
Put him at FF.

You can't play Crouch they all cry!
Injuries? Handy cover.
Laird broken hand first couple of rounds, Sloane out most of year, Keays stuffed at the end of the year. A lot of the younger players were pretty cooked by the end of the year too, as evidenced by the port game.
At min, good cover, at best reinvents himself.
Last thing to stress over if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would literally play

Rankine
Rachele
Pedlar
Cook
Nank
Newchurch
Bond
Taylor

In that HF/smaller forward role before I’d ever consider crouch..

And then before I ever considered crouch I’d try and get Matt Wright out of retirement and ask the AFL to allow us (out of pity) to list and play Wright!.

Fxxk me… if we are at the point of comsidering giving crouch a role like that then we shouldve held onto Rowe..
I think you're right on this one. If Crouch can't make the midfield, then there's no way he should be in the side.

Injuries? Handy cover.
Laird broken hand first couple of rounds, Sloane out most of year, Keays stuffed at the end of the year. A lot of the younger players were pretty cooked by the end of the year too, as evidenced by the port game.
Completely agree.

The coaching staff have shown they will drop him, and willingly. If he reinvents himself, then that's a bonus. If not, he's cover for 12 months and then he moves on.

Injuries? Handy cover.

My comments were more around the fact that when all fit, Crouch should not be in the 22. Agreed, he is a good 'break glass in case of emergency' type backup, however he shouldn't be playing in front of any of our promising youngsters.

Injuries? Handy cover.
We had zero list spots and needed Seeds to not play and McAsey to leave just to free up spots.

So having Crouch on our list isn’t what we wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back