Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao

As a boomer can someone please explain what "belonging" in the following extract: "Our club values creativity, belonging, and performance..........." means, or is supposed to mean??

Does it mean our club values identifying with the team, or being a team player, or a sense of being part of a community, or a strong but wistful attachment to a sentiment associated with tribalism, or that you guarantee to never leave your job and you will leave your inheritance to the club??? WTF??

Have read and written thousands of job ads over the years, interviewed hundreds of applicants etc, but have never seen such an inexplicably stupid criterion expressed like this before.

Or am I, as described, simply an old grumpy "boomer"?

As a boomer can someone please explain what "belonging" in the following extract: "Our club values creativity, belonging, and performance..........." means, or is supposed to mean??

Does it mean our club values identifying with the team, or being a team player, or a sense of being part of a community, or a strong but wistful attachment to a sentiment associated with tribalism, or that you guarantee to never leave your job and you will leave your inheritance to the club??? WTF??

Have read and written thousands of job ads over the years, interviewed hundreds of applicants etc, but have never seen such an inexplicably stupid criterion expressed like this before.

Not a boomer, just sensible.
What it is is the compulsory virtue-signalling trotted out by 99% of corporate employers. Empty buzz words to appease the loudest in the room.

Big Tech is going through a brutal shake up and I suspect that a lot of it is that the humans have created the platform to make themselves redundant.

Nah just cost of capital. Zero interest rates meant money went chasing growth and tech was the beneficiary. Now yield is more available so that’s where the money is going, standard structural cycle. Tech people just need to ride it out a bit.

Being part of a group I guess, just wishy-washy talk to get the fairies on board

Not a boomer, just sensible.
What it is is the compulsory virtue-signalling trotted out by 99% of corporate employers. Empty buzz words to appease the loudest in the room.
Great post, you're a real go-getter and that's what we want down at BigFooty! A positive, can-do attitude coupled with a mindset to come onto the forum and be the best you can be every day whilst contributing to our success as a real team player! All the while upholding our BEST values - BOLD, ENERGIZED, SMART, TOGETHER!

Welcome aboard!

Great post, you're a real go-getter and that's what we want down at BigFooty! A positive, can-do attitude coupled with a mindset to come onto the forum and be the best you can be every day whilst contributing to our success as a real team player! All the while upholding our BEST values - BOLD, ENERGIZED, SMART, TOGETHER!

Welcome aboard!
I certainly don’t feel I belong, sorry 😎

Funny how a word like "belonging" could be so attractive to a generation that loves nothing more than self interest and individualism.

104871.jpeg

It means the club is seeking a female employee but you can't specify that on an add.

Ran around getting sh*t done today.. Coles... chemist... accountant. Dropped into my girlfriend's house on the way home. She asked wtf was going on with my jeans. They're fairly new but they'd ripped... big time... basically i've been running around all day with my arse hanging out. What undies was I wearing I hear you ask? Pink flamingo ones my boys bought me as a joke, of course.

Good times.

I certainly don’t feel I belong, sorry 😎
Well that's okay! We also have an open floor plan with a laid back culture to fit all types, we don't discriminate! You'll be rewarded handsomely, with our very popular Friday office drinks from 4pm onwards (limit 1 pp)!

We are thrilled to have you join our team of high performers, and we can't wait to see you dressed to impress on Monday morning!

Ran around getting sh*t done today.. Coles... chemist... accountant. Dropped into my girlfriend's house on the way home. She asked wtf was going on with my jeans. They're fairly new but they'd ripped... big time... basically i've been running around all day with my arse hanging out. What undies was I wearing I hear you ask? Pink flamingo ones my boys bought me as a joke, of course.

Good times.
Done a terrific job to sully your own name there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1932418_475895695872205_1243987714_n.jpg

Some decent fights on the main card Sunday. Vettori-Dolidze, Nelson-Barberena, then the co-main of Gaethje-Fiziev and the main with Edwards-Usman. Main card starts at 8am Vic time, good lead in to the Saints game at 4pm.

Personally think Usman will smoke Edwards, he was dominating the last fight and if not for the head kick late, would've won by UD.

Always enjoyed watching Gunnar so will give that a go, Vettori is a bit of a weirdo so good fun there, and think Gaethje-Fiziev will be fireworks.

Am I smarter than a Collingwood or Geelong supporter.

Yes.
I push the pedestrian button when they don't.

Seriously leaving the Richmond Club Hotel not one person had hit the pedestrian button when the lights went green.

I of course strut in like a hero and push it triggering the green man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back