Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I smarter than a Collingwood or Geelong supporter.

Yes.
I push the pedestrian button when they don't.

Seriously leaving the Richmond Club Hotel not one person had hit the pedestrian button when the lights went green.

I of course strut in like a hero and push it triggering the green man.

That's like saying are you smarter than a 5th grader, Pies obviously Cats supporters I imagine were too busy being awed at buildings that aren't factories, water parks or prisons.

But seriously, sheep mentality much, I always press them regardless of how many people are there as long as it's within reach of course. Never know who is just assuming or not caring.

My car insurance went from a thousand to fourteen hundred even though the car is year older. I’m with coles. Any ideas please? Also would you insure a 8k car comprehensively if it costs $1400?

My car insurance went from a thousand to fourteen hundred even though the car is year older. I’m with coles. Any ideas please? Also would you insure a 8k car comprehensively if it costs $1400?

Shop around. They always do that. You pay a loyalty tax.

Yep I rang them today and they told me some bullshit. Would you insure your car if it was only worth 8k. I’m tossing up.

Probably not, get extended third party or what ever they call it. Then when you write off someones Ferrari you don't lose your house. Don't you need to insure your tools and stuff or is that separate? Ring Bingle or one of those cheap ones. You should get it cheaper. I'm lazy and have been meaning to do the work van for years. It's getting ancient but I've had the same insurance from when it was nearly new. I could probably halve it if I shopped around. My Subaru is on Bingle and heaps cheaper despite being much more recent and worth more. The van comes out of the bank and I don't think about it though.

Probably not, get extended third party or what ever they call it. Then when you write off someones Ferrari you don't lose your house. Don't you need to insure your tools and stuff or is that separate? Ring Bingle or one of those cheap ones. You should get it cheaper. I'm lazy and have been meaning to do the work van for years. It's getting ancient but I've had the same insurance from when it was nearly new. I could probably halve it if I shopped around. My Subaru is on Bingle and heaps cheaper despite being much more recent and worth more. The van comes out of the bank and I don't think about it though.
I’ve got insurance for claims against me and it includes mowers and crap for only a thousand dollars. I had everything pinched at one job but I said it was stolen at home and got it on contents insurance. Naughty boy. Yes must get third party. Should be mandatory. Thanks.

I got a pro set up on my SG the other day. The guy talked me into the full treatment that I'm always too cheap to spend usually. They levelled the the frets, adjusted the pick up poles, truss rod adjustment, cleaned out all the switches and pots, dressed the frets, adjusted the nut and bridge, intonation etc. It's unbeliavebale how much better it is. It was good enough before but the extras make it sound like a proper pro instrument. Taken me from a bout a 3 out of 10 guitarist to a 6 overnight. It sounds so much better and plays better, not a crackle or any quirks what so ever.

I've only ever owned cars that are worth less than $15k and have never insured them comprehensively, but I've always been pretty good at saving so have always had enough in the bank or the mortgage to buy a new one if I desperately needed to. Also have never used the car for work. Have to get comprehensive if you need the car for work and haven't got enough saved to replace it.

I've only ever owned cars that are worth less than $15k and have never insured them comprehensively, but I've always been pretty good at saving so have always had enough in the bank or the mortgage to buy a new one if I desperately needed to. Also have never used the car for work. Have to get comprehensive if you need the car for work and haven't got enough saved to replace it.
I have zero in the bank but I have redraw. Getting a divorce 12 years ago still affects me. Punting and grog make it worse.

I have zero in the bank but I have redraw. Getting a divorce 12 years ago still affects me. Punting and grog make it worse.

Yeah, that will all keep you poor.

An $8000 car insured at $1400 a year is just taking the piss. I'd shop around. You should be able to get it for a lot less.

Yeah, that will all keep you poor.

An $8000 car insured at $1400 a year is just taking the piss. I'd shop around. You should be able to get it for a lot less.

This, say mine is a $6k since cousin discount and pre-existing damage that is just "it doesn't look as pretty, kick that bumper back into the frame", spent 4k on an engine rebuild and trans flush, that took me roughly 2 weeks of dealing with stalls & power loss to bite that bullet, but 1400 for an 8k is indeed taking piss. There's levels also based on things so you more than likely could get same sort of coverage for less if you really deep dive with things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got insurance for claims against me and it includes mowers and crap for only a thousand dollars. I had everything pinched at one job but I said it was stolen at home and got it on contents insurance. Naughty boy. Yes must get third party. Should be mandatory. Thanks.
No shame at all in pulling stunts like that on insurance companies.

Tell me.
There's a table with 2 people.

They leave both the venue to have a cigarette. No indication they were returning or any indication they wetr only leaving to have a cigarette. Only two half empty beers.
Am I an a-hole?
Why would you be an a-hole? You haven't done anything? Or did you piss in both and tell them it was your shout?

Tell me.

They leave both the venue to have a cigarette. No indication they were returning or any indication they wetr only leaving to have a cigarette. Only two half empty beers.
Am I an a-hole?

Etiquette demands that their drinks are tossed as empties and table is emptied for other occupants as no other indication remains that they are returning. Other consumers are not mind readers, clairvoyants, psychics or otherwise to determine if other occupants are temporary, otherwise engaged, vacated or again otherwise indisposed, they would have a right to be pissy upon a return that space has been taken, but ownership of that space is for patrons and since both left they no longer count as such if they exited the premises.

Tell me.

Am I an a-hole?
No, if I'm trying to save my table I'll leave something else behind. A hat, a club card or a jumper, something like that.

Why would you be an a-hole? You haven't done anything? Or did you piss in both and tell them it was your shout?
It is more a thought experiment. The bloke seemed grumpy but his missus was reasonable.
Either way I got a table and had a nice parma

Whelp, no sleep overnight makes me skip work cause my everything hurts.

On the plus side, did manage to shave my head of what hair was left anyway, now my hands won't stop trembling, but is smooth, is a trade off.

Whelp, no sleep overnight makes me skip work cause my everything hurts.

On the plus side, did manage to shave my head of what hair was left anyway, now my hands won't stop trembling, but is smooth, is a trade off.
Welcome, you're finally a man :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back