Fantasy 2023 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on Cass....

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

Better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i have in Test is....32 roster size total, 26 keepers, 4 genuine IR, 4 taxi, 2 qb starters, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 rwt flex, 1 kicker, 2 DL, 2 DB, 2 LB...and max allowed...4 qb, 4 rb, 6 wr, 4 te, 2 kicker, 4 dt, 4 edge, 4 cb, 4 s, 6 lb.

So we'd be cutting our roster down from 40+ to 26.
Is this still the roster/position limits ..can’t remember?

Is this still the roster/position limits ..can’t remember?
When deadline for cut downs happens in early Septdmber...

32 total active roster
4 IR
4 Taxi )rookies only
4 QB active
6 RB
6 WR
4 TE
2 K
6 LB
4 DE
4 DT
4 CB
4 S

You can have more of any position on IR/Taxi until theyre ineligible there

The settings in Test League (link above) are to proposed be ported over to Alpha League for the 2023 season.

The scoring settings for Test are perfect. Not complex scoring rules, boosted IDP via staggering the points earned for tackles across the positions, and kept offense the same.

The starters settings are perfect. Reduced max QBs to start to 2.

The position maximums are likewise adjusted for parity and to fit reduced total roster size....max 6 WR, RB, LB, max 4 QB, TE, CB, S, Edge, Interior Line.

As we now have 4 taxi for rookies, a roster size of 32 is proposed. Which means keepers total would be 26 (always 6 less).

One of the main suggestions was to reduce roster size, to allow for more waiver action. So, 40 down to 36 but add 4 taxi is back to 40. Thats why 32 is better than 36 in this regard.

Another suggestion was to kind of "reset" the league, creating new parity. I don't agree with resetting the league, drafting all ocer again. But think keepers reduced from 34 to 26 helps, a soft reset, without totally undoing the the elite Alpha teams.

I want to go ahead and port Test League settings over to Alpha asap, so we can get the season going. Just waiting for the greenlight to proceed.

Wish that had have been updated in the app - wasted my entire draft. 🤬
Don’t really like the league changes - happy to hand over team if anyone wants it.

May the 8th this post outlines changes. Many discussions took place in this thread around roster changes. Everyone had the chance to have input. I have not trawled the thread to see if you posted any objections, so maybe you did when the opportunity was there to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2023 - ALPHA League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back