Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/ S Madden
2/ Gawn
3/ Cox

Best 3 ruckmen in my time watching.

This is based on Madden’s all-round game, high marking, goal-kicking, and bringing some innovation to the rucking art.

However, Gawn is the best pure ruckman I have seen. He is a sensational player. Cox roamed the field like a midfielder but wasn’t as imposing as Max.
Saw Madden's career, goat!

1/ S Madden
2/ Gawn
3/ Cox

This is based on Madden’s all-round game, high marking, goal-kicking, and bringing some innovation to the rucking art.

However, Gawn is the best pure ruckman I have seen. He is a sensational player. Cox roamed the field like a midfielder but wasn’t as imposing as Max.
Yeah gawn comfortably the best pure ruck I’ve seen.

Grundy isn’t Jackson though
Totally different type of player
No he isn't but as Gawn just said they've sent Grundy back to the VFL to work on his forward craft so they clearly hoped they could mould him into the Jackson replacement.

Cox as the everything ruck
Gawn the best contested mark
Nic Nat the best feel at a stoppage, his touch was insane.

Brisbane went into their shell. Tried too save the game when all they probably needed was 1 goal in the last 8 minutes.

Downhill skiers.
Their midfield became completely anonymous in the contests during the last term. Neale was ineffective. McClug got the ball where he can’t hurt you. Ashcroft ran out of drive. Zorko ball watched. Dunkley was a huge loss.

Their midfield became completely anonymous in the contests during the last term. Neale was ineffective. McClug got the ball where he can’t hurt you. Ashcroft ran out of drive. Zorko ball watched. Dunkley was a huge loss.
Not putting Berry in at one CBA that I saw was crazy.

Madden comfortably ahead if you add goalkicking.
Madden has him for the high marking element too for mine, from a subjective and aesthetic perspective as much as anything else, which I think needs to come into the conversation when discussing greats of the game.

No he isn't but as Gawn just said they've sent Grundy back to the VFL to work on his forward craft so they clearly hoped they could mould him into the Jackson replacement.
Anyone with any footy knowledge knows Grundy has no idea how to play forward. A couple weeks in the vfl ain’t going to change that. Wouldn’t be surprised if Grundy is at port next year.

Just can't see Brisbane getting close to Pies, esp at the G. There are a lot of players that try for the highlights I feel. Numerous times going for the impossible goal when teammates free and in space.

Maybe they just want their song played when they kick that goal.

And Joe, spends half the game complaining to the umps and stops watching the play.

Madden has him for the high marking element too for mine, from a subjective and aesthetic perspective as much as anything else, which I think needs to come into the conversation when discussing greats of the game.
Some of my best memories as a kid was watching Madden taking absolute screamers at Windy Hill!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1/ S Madden
2/ Gawn
3/ Cox

Madden played solely as forward kicks 1000 comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back