Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will sound strange but my opinion is that Max and Brodie have not worked mainly because Melbourne have not had a KPF the could rely on or in form. You can not set one of your genuine rucks as a go to KPF for periods of the game. For arguments sake if they had 2MP playing FF and could deploy Gawn or Grundy like we do with Draper it would be a total different situation for them IMO. Rucks can play forward but they have to be the secondary option that creates bad matchups.
tbh i never thought that grundy/gawn would work since they’re both number 1 ruckman, compared to someone like paul salmon (for lack of a modern day example) who could also consistently kick bags

tbh i never thought that grundy/gawn would work since they’re both number 1 ruckman, compared to someone like paul salmon (for lack of a modern day example) who could also consistently kick bags
Same. They're both alpha dog 1st rucks with quite limited forward craft.

Melbourne maybe should’ve gone after a key forward instead of a pure ruck hahahah
Should have tried to get Meek as part of the deal instead of the second and used 27 to get... I dunno

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need 2 of him atm. 1 forward, 1 at the centre bounces.
Rocket eade was saying that on the footyology podcast this week, that it was robbing peter to pay paul and wasnt sustainable as they got smashed in centre by saints but were uncharacteristically efficient at goal last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back