Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

These pretenders have got themselves into 5th spot by beating 1 team in the 8.

Currently 1-6 against top 8 sides, soon to be 1-7
A workmate of mine, who is actually ok for a * supporter, actually responded to someone congratulating them on being in 5th with 'Yep, but if we lost we were probably out of the eight, and we have Geelong next week.' I was conflicted by such a reasonable response.

Good day to you, kanga kanga kanga ROO ROO ROO’s.
I’ll open by commending your amazing season 2023 streak and the all conquering emergence of the mighty Warlord and his trusty accomplice Mr Cheezel. I love what Clarko has done with the place and I hear a meteoric rise on the horizon for North.
Now I don’t know nothin’ about nothin’ but the experts in the media sure are in a tizz about your old coach doing a stellar job at the Bombers. Have any of you objective footy followers had the opportunity to observe said improvements and what say you?

Big love,

Iggy
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A workmate of mine, who is actually ok for a * supporter, actually responded to someone congratulating them on being in 5th with 'Yep, but if we lost we were probably out of the eight, and we have Geelong next week.' I was conflicted by such a reasonable response.

I will say this about * fans - in my experience they don't jump the gun to the extent Carlton fans do and proclaim themselves flag favorites just because they win a few early games in the year. They seem to be a little more realistic about where they are.

This was the fashion last time * won a final
6888_HSB-390x562.jpg
They'll need to win at least 3 more to play finals. Looking at their draw, they're going to struggle to do so. Add at least another 400 odd days to the current 6888. Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back