Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the umpiring this game is the one that finally breaks the players as well as the fans.

We've been reamed hard by umps for years and seen the team be able to fight through it, but today's game just feels different to me.

It was pure match-fixing with the amount of momentum killing frees/50s. Winning this keeps top 4 open for us, but every time we looked to break open the game, the umps gift melbourne 2-3 goals from nothing free kicks without even giving us anything, and then pile it on even more at the end to stop us from even having a chance.

Could see it late in the last quarter, especially after the Broad non-high call, a lot of the players that have been here most of the past 7 years just look over it, like they know we are getting f***ed over but just can't be bothered fighting it anymore, I'm only watching through a screen but it seemed the crowd was fed up with it too.

Until the club goes hard at the AFL over the past 7 years of umpiring, or the AFL go ahead and fix up all of the f***ed up rules they've implemented, I know many of us fans won't be taking this sport seriously anymore.

My wife who is now an Australian citizen came here from America nearly ten years ago, she has grown to like our game and barracks for the Tigers of course. Now that she understands the rules fairly well, she can't understand how the umpires can get away with what they do and don't even try to hide it. In American football there would be rioting if it happened there she says.

Todays game was the one that tipped the scales in myself not watching it anymore
I am not watching next week

will follow it on here with a few ice cold vbs though

our club is weak as piss. seriously gonna cancel my membership cos we are girls dicks

Any chance we get paid a holding the ball free? or maybe high when our head gets ripped off and those 50s

* the cheating umps

said it last week we should develop a revolutionary no-tackle gameplan for 2024 as there's no point in tackling any more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it is a hard call, please no one show up next week. Let's aim for 20k or less. As a consumer, it's your only choice to voice any power. Game was completely one sided today.
No club represents the fans. We need fan lead supporter groups that can affect stuff like this. I think of EPL and how fans will make it known

They let multiple holding the ball decisions go in the second quarter, which was fine, relatively consistent both ways. But then, we got a good 20 point break and they give a no-prior, ball stripped in tackle holding the ball free against Ross, and a subsequent 50m penalty that never should be given. Goal, then goal from the centre (momentum had swung) and then a non-recall from a bounce that fell in Gawns lap 3m outside the centre circle.

I would love to see us take this to the AFL and demand a please explain. It was akin to being 2-0 away up in a soccer match and the ref making up a penalty for the home team.

As if this wasn't enough, we overcame adversity to get 3 goals up again, only for them to make up a 50m penalty for absolutely nothing. I don't think I've ever seen an umpire give a 50 for what Balta did on Gawn. He barely tickled him and he's gone over. Wouldn't be surprised if he had discussed that with the umpire before it happened to orchestrate it.

Absolute match fixing at its finest, any other sport all officials are heavily investigated and don't get a game the next week.

The non high to Broad and the tarrato holding the ball were the icing on the cake for me. Every. FARKN. WEEK. These K unts just go in drier and drier
Taranto just got the ball tackled and pinged then next play melscum same thing tackled same way as taranto nothing it’s shits me if I ever saw any of those umpires in the street I would spit in their face they are a disgrace

Taranto just got the ball tackled and pinged then next play melscum same thing tackled same way as taranto nothing it’s shits me if I ever saw any of those umpires in the street I would spit in their face they are a disgrace
I know it's seriously ****ed. Same thong happend to Pickett a couple of games ago and he even questioned the umpire when he called a ball up for the same thing he got pinged for

I know it is a hard call, please no one show up next week. Let's aim for 20k or less. As a consumer, it's your only choice to voice any power. Game was completely one sided today.
How about Tigers supporters attend Melbourne Storm game dressed in yellow and black and hopefully sitting all together. That would get the press.

Demands -
that the club officially complain. And the right to do so.

Look at many dodgy decisions and inconsistencies.

The footage that was promised from the EF last year that overturned Lynch goal.

And much more. But not just Tigers, the inconsistency overall and how there can be such a gap of free kicks between teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back