Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the ones that really got me,

in the last quarter - 3 holding the balls when there was clearly no prior opportunity and melbourne players clearly had there hands on the ball allowing no escape? one bloke was clearly tackled around the neck!!

on the the reverse side i counted at least 5 times in the last quater where exactly the same prior opportunity and absolutely zero call our way!

i will continue to bang on the subconcious bias opinion of umpires towards Richmond has at least played a part in the result
The killer for me is that the umps let these go in the first half- which I thought was great - then change their interpretation and pay technical frees in the last qtr.
The Broad and Taranto HTB frees in the last qtr would have been let go in the first half and I don’t think even melb supporters would have been outraged. If the decision is marginal just let the game go ffs.

Had some family over from overseas. They don’t know footy at all and even they were saying the umps were clearly on the take
So blatant...so bad...so awful...so terrible...so inconsistent...so confusing...where would the pride be in doing such a good job!
In fact...where would the pride be in doing such a sheet job?!?
Their collective minds must be putrid having to serve up this biased rubbish week after week...
How can they stand to look at themselves in the mirror?!? (Only by yelling at their own reflection to...'stand'...'STAND'...)

The killer for me is that the umps let these go in the first half- which I thought was great - then change their interpretation and pay technical frees in the last qtr.
The Broad and Taranto HTB frees in the last qtr would have been let go in the first half and I don’t think even melb supporters would have been outraged. If the decision is marginal just let the game go ffs.
And the 2 x 50 metre penalties that resulted in goals to the Dee's. Hopper for not giving the ball back when he didn't even take possession and Gawn flopping after Baltas body contact . Both are bullshit 50s which resulted in certain goals. The penalty is way too harsh.

I think the umpiring this game is the one that finally breaks the players as well as the fans.

We've been reamed hard by umps for years and seen the team be able to fight through it, but today's game just feels different to me.

It was pure match-fixing with the amount of momentum killing frees/50s. Winning this keeps top 4 open for us, but every time we looked to break open the game, the umps gift melbourne 2-3 goals from nothing free kicks without even giving us anything, and then pile it on even more at the end to stop us from even having a chance.

Could see it late in the last quarter, especially after the Broad non-high call, a lot of the players that have been here most of the past 7 years just look over it, like they know we are getting f***ed over but just can't be bothered fighting it anymore, I'm only watching through a screen but it seemed the crowd was fed up with it too.

Until the club goes hard at the AFL over the past 7 years of umpiring, or the AFL go ahead and fix up all of the f***ed up rules they've implemented, I know many of us fans won't be taking this sport seriously anymore.

This. 100%. I left the game and the last thing I saw was Vlastuin looking to the heavens and almost laughing. Laughing at the blatant cheating.

But I don't know what is worse, the cheating or our club simply turning a blind eye. It will start to affect the crowd numbers as it is turning fans away by the truckload. How do the players feel being cheated against every week. How does Jack feel being double teamed and molested every week while player like Curnow receive frees for basically breathing.

What’s the plan just shut up forever. Every week the club does nothing is another week they ream us harder than the previous. What level does it actually have to f*ckn get to before we call it out. At this rate they’ll be taking marks and kicking fuggen goals against us by next year

ARC was the time to make a stand and we blew it.. what’s happening now is the result of doing nothing. How can Gale be A+ on everything but ignore the elephant bigger than the farkn room itself. Needs to put his legal and political red tape aside and fight for this club as he’s the only one that can do it. Otherwise we might as well just pack it up

The game of AFL is not a sport anymore...
The game of AFL is simply entertainment...and very poor at that as well...
The game of AFL is a comedy show...
The game of AFL is a comedy of errors...
Oh we certainly know...you Old Boys Club...us old campaigners know what the game looked like before you got your collective money hungry fingers into it...
We old campaigners keep the flame burning for the pure contest of footy...not for this 4 umpired game of PAP...you try and convince the new generation of up and coming young supporters is AFL footy!
The current AFL Old Boys Club will dumb the game down...dumb and dumber...where AFL footy is unrecognisable and/or just becomes a betting game only interesting for gamblers.
Whether that remains interesting...like horse racing...remains to be seen...and the flow on effect to TV rights!
Hopefully the intended pulling of these gambling ads on TV will change The AFL Old Boy's Club from contaminating the sport of footy even more...

What could they do that they are not doing to us now?!?
Feck the lot of them...make noise...keep making it...every week...challenge...query...explain the umpires decision...keep doing it...
What are they going to do...not pay us free kicks?!? hahahaha...
Blow the whole free kick bull sheet up...so even the numpty Public start paying attention...
Keep querying their decisions until they are sick of the sight of us...like we are of the cheating Umps!

To right and the umps are such a protected species thry can do whatever they want

the ones that really got me,

in the last quarter - 3 holding the balls when there was clearly no prior opportunity and melbourne players clearly had there hands on the ball allowing no escape? one bloke was clearly tackled around the neck!!

on the the reverse side i counted at least 5 times in the last quater where exactly the same prior opportunity and absolutely zero call our way!

i will continue to bang on the subconcious bias opinion of umpires towards Richmond has at least played a part in the result

Had some family over from overseas. They don’t know footy at all and even they were saying the umps were clearly on the take

So blatant...so bad...so awful...so terrible...so inconsistent...so confusing...where would the pride be in doing such a good job!
In fact...where would the pride be in doing such a sheet job?!?
Their collective minds must be putrid having to serve up this biased rubbish week after week...
How can they stand to look at themselves in the mirror?!? (Only by yelling at their own reflection to...'stand'...'STAND'...)
Love the Dissent Lads, so much of it here I had to design you lot a Mascot
IMG_20230721_122634292~2.jpg
Introducing our new Board Mascot...
DISSENT MAN and his Trid(iss)ent

HDISSENT MAN looks like he needs a straighjacket and a lobotomy.
Dissent is the gateway to Insanity bro lol
Angry Bill Hader GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hhhhiiiiiiiisssssssssss!

What’s the plan just shut up forever. Every week the club does nothing is another week they ream us harder than the previous. What level does it actually have to f*ckn get to before we call it out. At this rate they’ll be taking marks and kicking fuggen goals against us by next year

ARC was the time to make a stand and we blew it.. what’s happening now is the result of doing nothing. How can Gale be A+ on everything but ignore the elephant bigger than the farkn room itself. Needs to put his legal and political red tape aside and fight for this club as he’s the only one that can do it. Otherwise we might as well just pack it up
I reckon it will only change...if the membership numbers start to drop down...from disgust and/or protest...and then we may get some half hearted challenging whimpers by the Club to The AFL Old Boys Club...what good that will do I don't know. Spesh if the AFL Old Boys Club remains unchanged in its current attitude...
6 continuous years of 100,000 memberships...what's not to like!
In fact other than having bragging rights...what's the pay off for having such a large membership?!?
Being treated like a punching bag from The AFL Old Boys Club so as to appear fair and reasonable to the other smaller minnow Clubs?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. 100%. I left the game and the last thing I saw was Vlastuin looking to the heavens and almost laughing. Laughing at the blatant cheating.

But I don't know what is worse, the cheating or our club simply turning a blind eye. It will start to affect the crowd numbers as it is turning fans away by the truckload. How do the players feel being cheated against every week. How does Jack feel being double teamed and molested every week while player like Curnow receive frees for basically breathing.
😂 May literally rammed into Jack bavk straight in front and no free , Jack should have had at least 5 frees all not given umpires right there like three metres away .

Yep I’m ****ing over it , I’m not going again this year wtf for .

theyve alienated our fanbase since the stand rule came in to stop us winning cups in 2021. that made a lot of rfc campaigners stop going but then the habitual reaming just kept us away even though we made the finals last year..

rfc is loosing millions of dollars because of the afl's treatment towards our club. we'd be on 120-150,000 members right now if they didnt do what they did

A stated objective of the AFL is equalisation where through the draft, trades, AFL financial contributions to clubs etc they seek to give all teams the chance to be successful over the medium term. MY QUESTION IS, does the AFL instruct umpires to give us a raw deal as we have had recent success and it's someone else's turn to be successful? I really suspect this is real and happening. I know it's sounds nuts, but it would be consistent with their broader equalisation strategy. Thoughts?

A stated objective of the AFL is equalisation where through the draft, trades, AFL financial contributions to clubs etc they seek to give all teams the chance to be successful over the medium term. MY QUESTION IS, does the AFL instruct umpires to give us a raw deal as we have had recent success and it's someone else's turn to be successful? I really suspect this is real and happening. I know it's sounds nuts, but it would be consistent with their broader equalisation strategy. Thoughts?
100% nail on head

its nuts to think that its not happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back