Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

How to deal with an obviously cooked senior player.

Adelaide Crows. (Slowne)
Play him week in week out and hope he produces something like he did 5 years ago. When he doesn’t ever produce anything like it, sign him on for another year.

Port Power (Jonas)
Drop him and don’t bring him back unless the cupboard is bare. Break glass when needed and give him a game before sending straight back when the injured players return. Make him decide to retire instead of being delisted.

How to deal with an obviously cooked senior player.

Adelaide Crows. (Slowne)
Play him week in week out and hope he produces something like he did 5 years ago. When he doesn’t ever produce anything like it, sign him on for another year.

Port Power (Jonas)
Drop him and don’t bring him back unless the cupboard is bare. Break glass when needed and give him a game before sending straight back when the injured players return. Make him decide to retire instead of being delisted.
Boak?

They can afford to play him with the young mids they’ve got, we push our young kids out of the middle specifically to accommodate Sloane. I’d bet Boak is a better leader too their young kids are very open about their love for him, seems he possesses some humility. Is he re-signing with them this year?

I'll need a second opinion ...

happy season 4 GIF

the 'B' is for bargain.

The whole Sloane resigning is absolutely crazy but noticed something that jumped to my attention.
Paul Seedsman mentioned and thanked every man and his dog that been at club for awhile ,but no not our man we are keeping for his experience and influence around the club.
Then tried to think when was last time a retiring or leaving player or a young player ever mentioned Sloane as a influence on their time at club or assisting with their development and well being at club.
Oh well just my 10 cents worth to add to this debacle where we should have celebrated his time at club Saturday night.

What a week

Robbed by the AFL cnuts on Saturday night, Robbed by the AFL Cnuts tonight at the tribunal AND Sloane signs a contract that robbed us of giving him a big send off last saturday night...and now we have to watch him struggle through next year....
We can only hope he plays 10+ games of SANFL next year and only comes in with injuries to every other midfielder.

The whole Sloane resigning is absolutely crazy but noticed something that jumped to my attention.
Paul Seedsman mentioned and thanked every man and his dog that been at club for awhile ,but no not our man we are keeping for his experience and influence around the club.
Then tried to think when was last time a retiring or leaving player or a young player ever mentioned Sloane as a influence on their time at club or assisting with their development and well being at club.
Oh well just my 10 cents worth to add to this debacle where we should have celebrated his time at club Saturday night.
This isn't a criticism as much as an observation I've made over the years, but going to SANFL games regularly in previous years, I always paid attention to which AFL listed players i'd see at the games when they could get to them. Always saw Tex there, Eddie was always there, Talia and Jacobs were usually there, Hartigan, Otten, plenty of others.

Two guys I never saw at a game. VB (while he was playing) and Sloane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't a criticism as much as an observation I've made over the years, but going to SANFL games regularly in previous years, I always paid attention to which AFL listed players i'd see at the games when they could get to them. Always saw Tex there, Eddie was always there, Talia and Jacobs were usually there, Hartigan, Otten, plenty of others.

It's weird though because I was under the impression it was the playing group that pushed for Sloane for be captain in the first place.

It's weird though because I was under the impression it was the playing group that pushed for Sloane for be captain in the first place.
From what I'd heard previously it was Pyke who wanted Sloane as Captain in 2018 which the board rejected and eventually the co-captains was the compromise.

Sloane was still getting voted into the leadership group by the players though.

From what I'd heard previously it was Pyke who wanted Sloane as Captain in 2018 which the board rejected and eventually the co-captains was the compromise.

Sloane was still getting voted into the leadership group by the players though.
I think I prefer the coach making the decision. Like Walsh did with Tex. I think Pyke may have whiffed when it came time for him to choose though.

I have seen both Sloane and VB at SANFL games.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you not recall tex 3 years ago. He looked cooked and body done.

Not like Sloane wasn't chock full of talent either.
That was because we had the worst fitness boss in the comp. Hasn't got shit to do with supplements.

Sloane was also never in the Walker tier for talent, even at his peak.

Do you not recall tex 3 years ago. He looked cooked and body done.
I do. He couldnt raise one arm over his shoulder and looked like an idiot trying to mark 1 handed. I even said he should retire. Tex has recently said he thought about it

A change in fitness management - if you want to include medical intervention - has been the major driver of his return

Have I been surprised? Yes but given the above its ignorant to put it down to '' peptides''

I do. He couldnt raise one arm over his shoulder and looked like an idiot trying to mark 1 handed. I even said he should retire. Tex has recently said he thought about it

A change in fitness management - if you want to include medical intervention - has been the major driver of his return

Have I been surprised? Yes but given the above its ignorant to put it down to '' peptides''
Interesting to read these long list of opinions. I was reading them through and seeing what current players thought of the decision. I think I know one of our posters who is a young current player. Who do you think is a current player among our posters. .? I remember years ago when Rooch (Rucci) used a couple of pseudonyms to post in our forums.

Interesting to read these long list of opinions. I was reading them through and seeing what current players thought of the decision. I think I know one of our posters who is a young current player. Who do you think is a current player among our posters. .? I remember years ago when Rooch (Rucci) used a couple of pseudonyms to post in our forums.
This is a weird reply. Did you quote the wrong post?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back