Toast 2022 club champion awards - congrats Rory Laird!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done desk. A consistently very good year. Well done to Dawson as well for nearly taking it out.

Congratulations to Lairdy but having won 3, the same as Roo, Goodwin and McLeod, he is not in the same league. Two of those wins in two of our worst seasons in our history (not inc the 2020 season).

He is similar to Kane Cornes who won 4 John Cahill Medals and wouldn’t be in the top 10 players of PAFC.

Unfortunately the same goes for Lairdy.

Adelaide doesn't have that rich of a history where a 2x AA (and 4x AA40) player isn't in their top 10 overall (or just missed it).

Last edited:
Adelaide doesn't have that rich of a history where a 2x AA (and 4x AA40) player isn't in their top 10 overall.
It’s interesting how Laird has got the 3 BnF’s, and with relative little fanfare compared with the past greats. It would be interesting to see how he’d go if we pluck him from this current era, and insert him in the 97-98 teams.

I personally think he’s not too far off from the overall output of Tyson Edwards. A regular accumulator who usually gets the job done most weeks, and just a very marginal level below the likes of Roo, McLeod, Goodwin..

To me that’s Sholl. Has some value still and a position we are starting to build some depth in.

we played crouch and hately on the wing and Dawson as an accountable defender and Seed looks done. Not sure we're that stacked in that area. Plus we get nothing for Sholl except the small uplift due to being contracted. Another year in the 2s and he's a delist.

Congratulations to Lairdy but having won 3, the same as Roo, Goodwin and McLeod, he is not in the same league. Two of those wins in two of our worst seasons in our history (not inc the 2020 season).

He is similar to Kane Cornes who won 4 John Cahill Medals and wouldn’t be in the top 10 players of PAFC.

Unfortunately the same goes for Lairdy.
Yep Lairdy wouldn't be top 100 at PAFC.

It’s interesting how Laird has got the 3 BnF’s, and with relative little fanfare compared with the past greats. It would be interesting to see how he’d go if we pluck him from this current era, and insert him in the 97-98 teams.

I personally think he’s not too far off from the overall output of Tyson Edwards. A regular accumulator who usually gets the job done most weeks, and just a very marginal level below the likes of Roo, McLeod, Goodwin..

He is a million miles off those 3. And I rate Laird but Roo 8 time AA, goal kicking mid, McLeod kicked 7 in a prelim and then won the norm playing in the middle. These guys were all time competition greats

Laird is good player for us no question but his name want be remembered by those outside the club in 20 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is a million miles off those 3. And I rate Laird but Roo 8 time AA, goal kicking mid, McLeod kicked 7 in a prelim and then won the norm playing in the middle. These guys were all time competition greats

Laird is good player for us no question but his name want be remembered by those outside the club in 20 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No real arguments from me with your post. Although my line of thought is more “how good could Laird really be if he played alongside our club legends?” Bearing in mind Laird is one of those who has thrived under some of our most tumultuous years, so no reason he couldn’t thrive in any other era.

McAdam did very well considering games played.

Do you want to work your magic and do the top 10 based on average score per game?
If someone else posted this then I missed it. Without having the full breakdown this is the best we get. I listed all players with more than 13 games played for the year, and votes for those we have them.

PlayerGamesVotesVotes per game
Rory Laird
20​
118​
5.9​
Jordan Dawson
22​
114​
5.2​
Taylor Walker
18​
82​
4.6​
Shane McAdam
15​
66​
4.4​
Darcy Fogarty
17​
71​
4.2​
Ben Keays
22​
88​
4.0​
Jake Soligo
16​
61​
3.8​
Sam Berry
18​
64​
3.6​
Brodie Smith
21​
72​
3.4​
Tom Doedee
20​
66​
3.3​
Reilly O'Brien
20​
Ned McHenry
20​
Chayce Jones
20​
Jordon Butts
19​
Mitchell Hinge
17​
Lachlan Murphy
17​
James Rowe
17​
Harry Schoenberg
16​
Nicholas Murray
16​

If someone else posted this then I missed it. Without having the full breakdown this is the best we get. I listed all players with more than 13 games played for the year, and votes for those we have them.

Rory Laird
20​
118​
5.9​
Jordan Dawson
22​
114​
5.2​
Taylor Walker
18​
82​
4.6​
Shane McAdam
15​
66​
4.4​
Darcy Fogarty
17​
71​
4.2​
Ben Keays
22​
88​
4.0​
Jake Soligo
16​
61​
3.8​
Sam Berry
18​
64​
3.6​
Brodie Smith
21​
72​
3.4​
Tom Doedee
20​
66​
3.3​
Reilly O'Brien
20​
Ned McHenry
20​
Chayce Jones
20​
Jordon Butts
19​
Mitchell Hinge
17​
Lachlan Murphy
17​
James Rowe
17​
Harry Schoenberg
16​
Nicholas Murray
16​
Thanks, sucks they don’t give us the tally any more. Would love to know ROBs, McHenry and Jones.

Rory Laird
20​
118​
5.9​
Jordan Dawson
22​
114​
5.2​
Taylor Walker
18​
82​
4.6​
Shane McAdam
15​
66​
4.4​
Darcy Fogarty
17​
71​
4.2​
Ben Keays
22​
88​
4.0​
Jake Soligo
16​
61​
3.8​
Sam Berry
18​
64​
3.6​
Brodie Smith
21​
72​
3.4​
Tom Doedee
20​
66​
3.3​
Reilly O'Brien
20​
Ned McHenry
20​
Chayce Jones
20​
Jordon Butts
19​
Mitchell Hinge
17​
Lachlan Murphy
17​
James Rowe
17​
Harry Schoenberg
16​
Nicholas Murray
16​

Would be pretty handy if McAdam could put together a full season.

No real arguments from me with your post. Although my line of thought is more “how good could Laird really be if he played alongside our club legends?” Bearing in mind Laird is one of those who has thrived under some of our most tumultuous years, so no reason he couldn’t thrive in any other era.
He'd probably be around the same level as Tyson Edwards. Edwards is a 300+ game player, but he will never be thought of as one of the greats.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see when Berry kicked the last goal, 3 players on the bench get up and celebrate,, Laird sits there and claps.
I wouldn’t judge Laird too hard on that footage he knew there was a minute 20 left on the clock and he’s seen Crows teams he’s been a part of stuff it up from there before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back