Game Day 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow imagine waking up today (edit: or yesterday), not being in the team of 26 for the firsts, and thinking that you’ll be playing a scratch match against the pies VFL side.

And then next minute, in your first AFL season with no preseason, barely just scraped onto a list from nowhere, you get the call up and AFL approval under exceptional circumstances to line up in the best 22 for a 70,000 plus AFL elimination final and at the ****ing MCG.

That’s magical, for Anthony ‘The Hammer’ Caminiti at 19 years old.

All the best to Membrey and hoping he’s ok, but I’m stoked to see Hammer in, he will get the fans up and about, he can match it in the air and he’s crafty up the ground too. Expecting 150th anniversary game vibes from him today, kicking the ball into the GWS cheersquad.

IMG_5590.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow imagine waking up today, not being in the team of 26 for the firsts, and thinking that you’ll be playing a scratch match against the pies VFL side.

And then next minute, in your first AFL season with no preseason, barely just scraped onto a list from nowhere, you get the call up and AFL approval under exceptional circumstances to line up in the best 22 for a 70,000 plus AFL elimination final and at the ******* MCG.

All the best to Membrey and hoping he’s ok, but I’m stoked to see Hammer in, he will get the fans up and about, he can match it in the air and he’s crafty up the ground too. Expecting 150th anniversary game vibes from him today, kicking the ball into the GWS cheersquad.

View attachment 1797900
I get the feeling our young guys are going to thrive on the big game atmosphere. I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them stars today.

Wow imagine waking up today, not being in the team of 26 for the firsts, and thinking that you’ll be playing a scratch match against the pies VFL side.

And then next minute, in your first AFL season with no preseason, barely just scraped onto a list from nowhere, you get the call up and AFL approval under exceptional circumstances to line up in the best 22 for a 70,000 plus AFL elimination final and at the ******* MCG.

View attachment 1797900
I don’t know what it is.

I’m not going to ask.

All I’ve been told in the last 30 minutes is that the club was aware yesterday.

So Caminiti didn’t wake up in his PJs and then get told he was playing a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was excited to see what Hammer could do in a final. He can be electric and hard to stop. The key is not allowing his opponent to take too many intercept marks. They'll play Taylor on him I have no doubt.

Very odd and concerning news on Membrey. If it was an injury the club would not be so vague and cryptic. His entire 2023 has been very strange. His injury return timelines have jumped all over the place and there was a period when it seemed like Lyon was complaining about how accommodating the club had been while he deemed himself unfit to play.

Personal health matter sounds like a serious medical/mental health issue. Hope he's okay.

Feeling edgy. Anyone got parking recommendations? Heading up from Mt Martha and haven't booked anywhere yet 🔴⚪⚫

Parking at the top end of Bourke Street near parliament. Sort of opposite Pelligrini's is cheap on weekends.

Bad news about Members but can’t wait to see a forward line King, Owens, Caminiti and Phillipou strut their stuff. Just happens to be the same set up as the last time we played them.
From a team perspective my initial thoughts were that the late change might prove unsettling but it's interesting that it's the same forward set up as when we beat them last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back