Game Day 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a team perspective my initial thoughts were that the late change might prove unsettling but it's interesting that it's the same forward set up as when we beat them last time
Quite possibly something his teammates have been well aware of for a period of time and it won’t come as any great deal of shock.

Bad news for Tim, hope he recovers soon. I have no idea what the issue is (and don't care) but let's not forget something terrible happened in the CBD last night and there are a lot of people affected by both as directly injured / near misses, witnesses and family of all of those people.

King / Sharman / Hammer / Higgins / Pou or Owens drifting forward from the midfield to create match up difficulties could be the core of our best 22 forward line for the next ~5 - 6 years so I am very keen to see that in action today.
That's a good point. As someone who was in the Bourke St mall when that incident happened years ago, mentions of it in the news can still trigger responses for me.

Geez hope Membrey is ok, the wording of the statement is kind of worrying.

Honestly, off a break and a rest though, Caminiti should be a good option really. Young player, started the year very, very well. Still showing a lot in his last few VFL games.
Thoughts with Membrey & his family.

Re Hammer, not an ideal call up, but u know this kid has something & will absolutely give 110%. Go well!

I would have been tempted to bring Howard in and move Cordy forward
Can’t change your structure literally on the eve of the game when you’ve been perfecting it the last two weeks.

Thoughts with the Membrey Clan.

I actually thought we were a bit short inside 50 with Gws having Buckley, Taylor, Himmelberg and Idon in the backline. We also only carry 1 ruckman. Two genuine talls looks much better from a structural perspective.

Bad news for Tim, hope he recovers soon. I have no idea what the issue is (and don't care) but let's not forget something terrible happened in the CBD last night and there are a lot of people affected by both as directly injured / near misses, witnesses and family of all of those people.

King / Sharman / Hammer / Higgins / Pou or Owens drifting forward from the midfield to create match up difficulties could be the core of our best 22 forward line for the next ~5 - 6 years so I am very keen to see that in action today.
Lets hope it had nothing to do with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hammer is a desperado, bloke leaves everything out on the park. If he doesn’t take a mark, he’ll go again and impact the ground ball. I think he’s built for finals and hopefully takes the opportunity with both hands.

He did all the hard yards early on and deserves a crack.

Not great news about Membrey but I don't think we lose too much with Caminiti replacing him. he seems like the sort of kid that won't be overawed by the occasion and will thrive with the big game atmosphere like he did against Essendon in our 150th game which was finals like.

I won’t get to be there today. Choosing to watch with the old man who can’t make it.

But *, give them hell 💪
Good for you! Family most important.
Unfortunately my son, the only other Saints supporter in my family, is sitting in Perth. Nevertheless I’m going with my usual group of 10.

Hopefully a great result 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

❤️⚪⚫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back