Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards at Half back would be the first magnet on the board each week. He’s one of the best half backs in the comp that has a strong defensive game including in the air, yet you and some others want him moved to another position because it might, maybe, will possibly work. Having no previous form in that role.

You can’t see how silly that suggestion is?

Richards would have to have a hell of an impact in the midfield for it to be a net gain. And then on top of that we’d have to replace his loss in the backline.

Any suggestions on who that would be??
Richards has improved so much that he would impact no matter where he plays now. Players move all the time, Baily Dale went from forward to back, Petracca went from half forward to on-ball bull after building his fitness up.

We didn't make the finals, we can rock up round 1 with the same side and go through the same motions again or we can look to adapt and compete with the hard running sides left in the finals race. What we current produces falls short, well short, we barely beat a decent side all year. We actually run the risk of falling a lot next year and there is barely any onballers coming through. If you can't see this well, I think that pretty silly, rather than suggest options to improve the team.

Richards to the midfield would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I don’t disagree, I don’t think anyone’s wanting a full time move. I’d just like us to trial a few more midfield rotations personally and I think Ed could be a good option to see a handful of centre bounces. I’d also even like to see Naughty attend some centre bounces.

When we’re getting bullied by big quick players like Trac & Oliver, hell we got embarrassed by a 2nd year JHF this year, & a young Hawks MSD pick - it really couldn’t hurt, a big body defensively minded guy like Ed or Naughty could swing things back our way.

Yet we only reluctantly swung even West in there with 5 seconds to go in the season, so can’t see us doing anything like that unfortunately.

Brodie Holland has quit the Northern Bullants for "other full time opportunities".

More than likely a coincidence but I want to brag that I posted it first if anything was to eventuate with us.

2 flags at Maribyrnong
Took Caroline Springs from last to first on the ladder.

The standalone VFL sides are on a hiding to nothing. Particularly those without a reasonable following like Port Melbourne and Williamstown.
He wasn't the reason Caroline Springs improved

2 flags at Maribyrnong

The standalone VFL sides are on a hiding to nothing. Particularly those without a reasonable following like Port Melbourne and Williamstown.

At Marby was it 2009 and 2010 I think

Does his local footy record as coach exceed the once St Bedes coach?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a shocking coach

Wouldn’t say he’s a shocking coach.

Led Marby to back to back EDFL flags in 09,10 in the top division.

Did alright at CS as far as I’m aware and also didn’t do to bad at the Bullants considering the list they had was mostly made up of local footballers and the really good ones they had missed a lot of games through injury.

I don’t believe he’s good enough for AFL level, but he’s not a bad coach.

Didn't see that.

Thought it'd be worth throwing out there since there is radio silence from the club and media.
Has there been a single club that has announced a new assistant coach signing so far? I feel like most of that side of things is announced post completion of the season.

I think Grigg is the only outlier here.

View attachment 1807917Back to coaching div 2 local footy for a reason
Is that the footy jumper this club uses? If so that may be the worst I’ve ever seen. I know a lot of local clubs are still stuck in the AFL dark ages of football jumpers, the 1990’s, with their cartoons, and over complicated designs and this one has both. Makes ‘Robodog’ look good.

Is that the footy jumper this club uses? If so that may be the worst I’ve ever seen. I know a lot of local clubs are still stuck in the AFL dark ages of football jumpers, the 1990’s, with their cartoons, and over complicated designs and this one has both. Makes ‘Robodog’ look good.

And I thought our off season was bad, poor Marby, shocking jumper, relegated and according to Foxman98 they have appointed a shocking coach

Glad we are professional enough to do a proper review 2 years in a row.

Sure is.

2 flags at Maribyrnong

Caroline Springs spent a fortune and still took years to get there. Their game plan was not that difficult to break down.

Werribee in the Grand Final would suggest otherwise.

Is back at Marby Park

Not a shocking coach at all but not sure he is close to AFL level

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Little if anything will change with the match day strategy. If Bevo was going to go it had to be as soon as the season was over.

My guess is that we’ll be in a similar position next year lamenting on close games they should have won, falling short again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back