Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched On the Couch and was really impressed by Nathan Buckley defending JL. It shows that there’s a lot that goes on those of us on the outside of the club don’t know about. As Buckley pointed out the players reaction to the news of JL being extended said it all, they obviously buy into his message and yesterday showed that. Not that long ago being 4 goals down within the first 15 minutes would have been the end of the game for us. We showed real grit and determination to stand up and play our game the way we wanted. It makes me very excited for our immediate future.

Yep agree that was a good game for JLo. Ive critiqued him for conservatism at times and for seemingly failing to address obvious problems however if ever there was a time for us to go into our shells was when our 3 soldiers went down. It would have been so easy to put extra players behind the ball like Treacy on to Hipwood or something - but he didnt. He kept the triple J structure up forward and although I think Young went back a bit, that was fine in the circumstances.

Im also mildly soothed by his more in depth explanation of our game plan the other day on the radio.

I now expect him to back it up this week with leaving the Treacy/Amiss/Unicorn combo up forward and leaving our brilliant developing midfield mix together. No conservative negative moves like Young to the backline. Continue with the Poshman Positivity mindset and ATTACK!!

It's insane the impact Young has had on our team in the middle. It really is all about the contest and from the game he got Young in there we've been back to 2022 form. When you add Fyfe being back, Brayshaw looking closer to 2022, Jackson another year older and Serong ready to be an absolute weapon and I'm in a very positive mood.

GWS and Port's speed and power are the only midfields that I'm really weary of at this stage and if we win or halve at the contest in the middle, we'll be in every game

It's insane the impact Young has had on our team in the middle. It really is all about the contest and from the game he got Young in there we've been back to 2022 form. When you add Fyfe being back, Brayshaw looking closer to 2022, Jackson another year older and Serong ready to be an absolute weapon and I'm in a very positive mood.

GWS and Port's speed and power are the only midfields that I'm really weary of at this stage and if we win or halve at the contest in the middle, we'll be in every game
Only improvement from Young is to stick his tackles.

I now expect him to back it up this week with leaving the Treacy/Amiss/Unicorn combo up forward and leaving our brilliant developing midfield mix together. No conservative negative moves like Young to the backline. Continue with the Poshman Positivity mindset and ATTACK!!
Going to be hard with our injuries. We're fast running out of options down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was Bucks sticking up for JL tonight?!

Maybe he’s been reading this board teehee
John Ralph has been spreading a lot of shit lately about player discontent etc. Bucks called bullshit on it during On The Couch last week as well. Basically called him out by insinuating he was highly unlikely to have a reliable source of information within the footy club. My feel is that tonight was aimed primarily at Ralph and also old mate King who likes to stick the boot in every chance he gets.

John Ralph has been spreading a lot of s**t lately about player discontent etc. Bucks called bullshit on it during On The Couch last week as well. Basically called him out by insinuating he was highly unlikely to have a reliable source of information within the footy club. My feel is that tonight was aimed primarily at Ralph and also old mate King who likes to stick the boot in every chance he gets.
It’s got to be Colon Young’s shit I reckon

Spot on, anything about player disunity is from the players that have already left, no one at the club is saying this stuff.
Ralf even acknowledged it was from18 months ago when Buckley challenged him
18 months could of been Logue or Acres

John Ralph has been spreading a lot of s**t lately about player discontent etc. Bucks called bullshit on it during On The Couch last week as well. Basically called him out by insinuating he was highly unlikely to have a reliable source of information within the footy club. My feel is that tonight was aimed primarily at Ralph and also old mate King who likes to stick the boot in every chance he gets.
I have no problem with what King said last week tbh.

Re-signing JL might be the right decision but nothing King said was incorrect IMO.

I have no problem with what King said last week tbh.

Re-signing JL might be the right decision but nothing King said was incorrect IMO.
The point he was rather clumsily making was that:
A) The signing was a publicity stunt - actually, it was to tone down the 'publicity' (speculation) on JL's contract, So, yeah, about as wrong as you could possibly be without actually flying in from Mars having never come across football media before.
B) The 1 year deal (not understanding how extensions and triggers work) somehow would translate into the players not respecting JL and have no motivation to do well under him. Freo just beat last year's grand finalists...comfortably. So, again, about as far off the mark as possible in the immediate term.

The idiotic conversation happened during a game Freo weren't even in, which would indicate an agenda or personal bias against either the club or JL.

Kingy got it wrong, got it wrong again, outed himself and lost credibility. In most industries he'd be finished.

Bucks was great, the guys on AFL 360 (even Gerard) were really good to.
What I found quite interesting was WA's channel 7 news using footage of the interview for their story.
The interview on 360 with Longy discussing Cox's injury was panned back - sayy from his belly button up, when channel 7 used the footage they zoomed right into his head and made sure they used a part of him stumbling with a word - such a bunch of assholes.
(If you don't think it was on purpose, go and watch both, one is flattering, one isn't)
It proved Bucks right - "certain sections of the media"

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back