List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Harley Reid was already considering leaving which there is zero evidence of then let him go because if you can’t get through 3 games of AFL and want out then he is spineless. From all of the footage I’ve seen of him over the last 3 years he has plenty of character and won’t be even considering quitting.

Let the kid play and stop worrying about his contract and whether he stays or goes. That will be all taken care of later in 2025 or 2026 if he finally decides to leave after 3 poor seasons.

Even though i agree with you, i do think it's pretty natural to be frustrated for him.

Watching him get burnt by his teammates, hit off the ball and play for this spud team would be annoying AF. Especially when some lesser draftees (which is everyone given he was pick 1) have waltzed into a winning culture elsewhere and setup to play their best footy from the get go.

Hopefully it clicks really soon and the team supports him to have a breakout performance rather than a breakout 1st quarter.

Even though i agree with you, i do think it's pretty natural to be frustrated for him.

Watching him get burnt by his teammates, hit off the ball and play for this spud team would be annoying AF. Especially when some lesser draftees (which is everyone given he was pick 1) have waltzed into a winning culture elsewhere and setup to play their best footy from the get go.

Hopefully it clicks really soon and the team supports him to have a breakout performance rather than a breakout 1st quarter.
It’s only Sanders and Windsor that have waltzed into a “winning culture” that are getting a game currently from last years draft (about 60 players) let’s be honest.

He’s had as good a start to his career as any other draftee from last year, no one from last years draft have received a rising star nomination yet.

We will get some easier games as the season unfolds it’s been a tough draw (gets no easier this weekend) and he will get his chance to show us some “Harley Time” then but it will still be in bursts.

The reason he’s having a breakout first quarter and not going on with it is as much to do with Harley as it is to do with the team. His weakness is his endurance and he’s going to need to build on his limited base but that will take time (years).

I do agree that he’s been burnt a little at times by teammates but it is what it is currently at West Coast. You generally as a number one pick find yourself in a pretty ordinary side.

There’s no point in stressing as to whether he plans to stay at the club or not, it’s a 3 yr contract and he’s 3 games in. I really don’t see a JHF scenario unfolding with the kid.

It’s only Sanders and Windsor that have waltzed into a “winning culture” that are getting a game currently from last years draft (about 60 players) let’s be honest.

He’s had as good a start to his career as any other draftee from last year, no one from last years draft have received a rising star nomination yet.

We will get some easier games as the season unfolds it’s been a tough draw (gets no easier this weekend) and he will get his chance to show us some “Harley Time” then but it will still be in bursts.

The reason he’s having a breakout first quarter and not going on with it is as much to do with Harley as it is to do with the team. His weakness is his endurance and he’s going to need to build on his limited base but that will take time (years).

I do agree that he’s been burnt a little at times by teammates but it is what it is currently at West Coast. You generally as a number one pick find yourself in a pretty ordinary side.

There’s no point in stressing as to whether he plans to stay at the club or not, it’s a 3 yr contract and he’s 3 games in. I really don’t see a JHF scenario unfolding with the kid.

We did the same thing to Jetta when he first came. Selfish kick chasing spuds don’t give the hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how low key cheeky and arrogant he is, loves to get into the opposition and give them a mouthful. We've needed a player with that level of cockiness and confidence for such a long time.
It sucks that Hewett is injured. Can you imagine the level of shit****ery those two will get up to together?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back