Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying Not To Cry Episode 2 GIF by One Chicago

I think Dean stays in for now which allows Howe to go forward and Billy to pinch hit. It's also time for Freddy to show us he can play more than a couple of quarters.
Reef and the Hyphenator should be back soon to give us options as well.

This is a good opportunity to get some more hours into the kids and I can't wait for this new energised line up.

Bring it on.

I’ve been confident about making the top four - and then letting the coaches to do their September ‘thing’. At close to full strength we are very good, with only Sydney being better than us.

But I can’t see it now. We look like bobbing around between sixth and tenth on the ladder, but not gaining any real upward traction with these injuries, and so many inexperienced players.

Makes me 😢
Yes, its depressing. 15 on the injured list is a huge count. No team can cover that.

We had so few soft tissue injuries last year but that has certainly squared-up this season. Add to that a spate of concussions and a few random ab strains, foot fractures and vascular disorders and suddenly it seems we're not at a tipping point anymore - we've gone completely over the cliff!

I'm especially disappointed for Richards, who has been nothing short of sensational since making his debut.

Going by round 12 injury update:

Round 12 v WB at Docklands
  • Bytel expected back from concussion (if gets through training)
  • Howe is expected back (if gets through training)

Round 13 v Melb (King’s Birthday) at MCG
  • Reef? (back from concussion?)
  • Earliest Elliott will be back
  • Earliest Eyre will be available
  • Earliest Mitchell will be back
  • WHE expected to be back

Round 14 v North at Docklands
  • Earliest Mihocek back

Round 15 Bye

Round 16 v Suns on the Gold Coast
  • Earliest JDG due back
  • Earliest Richards back
  • McStay starts contact training

Round 17 v Essendon at MCG
* Earliest Mason Cox due back

Round 18 v Geelong at MCG
* Earliest Steene is expected back

Round 19 v Hawks at MCG

Round 20 v Richmond at MCG

Round 21 v Carlton at MCG

Round 22 v Sydney at SCG

Round 23 v Lions at MCG

Round 24 v Melbourne at MCG

Season
* Begg
At this rate McStay may beat half of them back into the team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night on First Crack the boys gave their predictions on our expected ladder position at end of home & away rounds
Anthony Hudson 3rd
David King 2nd
Leigh Montagna 3rd

Be interesting if they reassess given latest injury news …..
I think 15 or 16 wins will be good enough for top 4 this year. Think we can manage that.

Time to unleash the nightmare on Swan street. Freddy uninjured might take a few dogs down on Friday but knowing how he plays he might take out himself and a few of ours too and make our list longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back