List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2002945

Would we look at splitting pick 1 to have currency and entice some ready made players and flexibility to grab draftees like Kako, Ofarrell, Whitlock?

Something like this..

NM out: 1 & 21 to GC
NM in: 8, 11, 20, 31

NM out: 1, 21, 39 to Freo
NM in: 10, 14, 15, 25

Or do we keep pick 1 and add Smillie or O’Sullivan?

Our midfield is still (edit: bad) which blows my mind, so we take Smillie.

Last edited:

View attachment 2002945

Would we look at splitting pick 1 to have currency and entice some ready made players and flexibility to grab draftees like Kako, Ofarrell, Whitlock?

Something like this..

Not for me, if we’re trading pick 1 would want a < 5 pick as part of the deal.

Our midfield is still shit which blows my mind, so we take Smillie.
We're in a battle royal for last yet again. And we tend to shit the bed when it's on the line.

It is far from a certainty. The tiger if they're 1/20 when we meet are hardly going to give a continental about being 1/21.

Then the following week we take on the Eagle in Tassie Mania in the middle of winter. They'll be up for that clash.

Here's a pic of I think Nic Nat arriving for a game against us a couple of years ago in Tassie.
Then the HAwfs who may not careless either

1716891199622.png

I've started preparing the 2024 DVD box set called the 'Streak".
We will head into 2025 with us winning 3/5 and choc full of confidence.

Our midfield is far from shit.

Inexperienced, sure, but shit? GTFO.
We had two less clearances than Port on the weekend and LDU (9), Warlord (5) and Sheeze (7) had as many clearances as JHF(10), Wines (6) and Butters (5).

Most of Ports success on the weekend came from turnovers in our forward line, mainly marks to Ratugolea.

Yeah I did. I think closer to draft day I wavered a bit thinking that two top tier players is going to be better than one in the long run.

Time will tell I guess.

No doubt Reid has been exceptionally impressive so far, but we are better off in my view having two highly talented young players in McKercher and Duursma. Reid does the flashy things very well, McKercher is more unobstrusive, but gets more of the ball, uses it well and will use it even better as he develops. Duursma, will take a little longer in my opinion, but looks to have enormous talent, with some of his floating in front of packs to mark, great to see.

While the GC are still struggling to win games away from home, in consecutive years they took Lukosius and Rankine, (2018) followed by Rowell and Anderson (2019). While Rankine has left and is starring at Adelaide, the other three are playing very good football and will get better.

This is what I hope we will see develop from our consecutive draft hauls in 2022 and 2023 in Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and Duursma. Just as the GC boys have Touk Miller to lean on and learn from, we need to retain LDU for the same guidance and direction.

Last edited:
View attachment 2002945

Something like this..

Wouldn't do those particular deals but if the deal got us a cluster of early picks I'd look at it.

Something like this might make me think:

Freo trade F1 + 15 for St Kilda #5.

Freo trade 5, 10, 14 for #1.

Here's one - West Coast offer Harley Reid (he says he's homesick and only wants to go to Arden Street) for #1 and F1?

Brisbane catch the eye too. They might want to get in before a bid and a package of #7 plus what they can unlock with their futures and maybe players might be interesting.

Wouldn't do those particular deals but if the deal got us a cluster of early picks I'd look at it.

Here's one - West Coast offer Harley Reid (he says he's homesick and only wants to go to Arden Street) for #1 and F1?

Brisbane catch the eye too. They might want to get in before a bid and a package of #7 plus what they can unlock with their futures and maybe players might be interesting.

Bro if I were Brady and West Coast and Reid's manager started calling me I'd hurl the phone out the window - gonna get smashed in a year's time on your decision either way.

Just kidding I'd jump at Reid, but there's every chance there's a top end KPF available at our F1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dad was saying something similar. He was saying we’d probably throw pick one, zuurhar and more.
But the idea that he’d consider leaving a place where he is seen as the messiah, to make his way to north with it’s low crowd numbers and bad PR rep, I just couldn’t see it happening unless it was a big club. Not in a million years.

Unless he wanted to grow with a team on the bottom with all his mates…

No doubt Reid has been exceptionally impressive so far, but we are better off in my view having two highly talented young players in McKercher and Duursma. Reid does the flashy things very well, McKercher is more unobstrusive, but gets more of the ball, uses it well and will use it even better as he develops. Duursma, will take a little longer in my opinion, but looks to have enormous talent, with some of his floating in front of packs to mark, great to see.

While the GC are still struggling to win games away from home, in consecutive years they took Lukosius and Rankine, (2018) followed by Rowell and Anderson (2019). While Rankine has left and is starring at Adelaide, the other three are playing very good football and will get better.

This is what I hope we will see develop from our consecutive draft hauls in 2022 and 2023 in Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher and Duursma. Just as the GC boys have Touk Miller to lean on and learn from, we need to retain LDU for the same guidance and direction.

Did you read past the post I was tagged in?

Why would he want to come to us? If he wanted to come home he would most likely go to a club looking at finals.

l would offer WC pick #1 and F1 in a heartbeat for Reid but l think WC would ship his whole family over to Perth first before trading him out..

Love the optimism, million to one Reid would request to come to us. Would be Geelong, Melb, Collingwood etc

WCE last year were looking for pick 2/3 and our pick in the teens FWIW.

I think that would have got it done.

Not even sure of the point of Brady’s stupid offers to them.

We're in a battle royal for last yet again. And we tend to shit the bed when it's on the line.

It is far from a certainty. The tiger if they're 1/20 when we meet are hardly going to give a continental about being 1/21.

Then the following week we take on the Eagle in Tassie Mania in the middle of winter. They'll be up for that clash.

Here's a pic of I think Nic Nat arriving for a game against us a couple of years ago in Tassie.
Then the HAwfs who may not careless either

View attachment 2003466

I've started preparing the 2024 DVD box set called the 'Streak".
We will head into 2025 with us winning 3/5 and choc full of confidence.
Hawks will comfortably deal with us in Launny. Reckon we need to beat Richmond and then WC in Tas to be a chance of avoiding 18th.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love the optimism, million to one Reid would request to come to us. Would be Geelong, Melb, Collingwood etc

WCE last year were looking for pick 2/3 and our pick in the teens FWIW.

I think that would have got it done.

Not even sure of the point of Brady’s stupid offers to them.
Just a hypothetical not a prediction unfortunately.

McKercher looks potentially very good but they lucked out with Reid.. looking every bit the gun.

Bit of shit luck for us with our #1 picks. 2021 clear #1 is a SA gamebreaker who plays us for mugs. 2022 we have to broker a better overall draft trade position by shifting out of the next #1 pick to salvage the damage from the previous #1 bailing.

Of course by 2023 a bona fide Vic gamebreaker finally comes through when we don't hold the #1 pick for the 1st time in 3 years.

It"s hard not to think we broke a mirror sometimes. I can't even level this at the club unless they absolutely misread any warnings from JHFF which I'll assume they didn't.
Still have so many mixed emotions over that Sun's game..on the one hand it was great to get the win and some belief but on the other hand (and unashamed Reid fan) we just lost the chance to draft a player that, l feel, was genuine utility that could have helped us in all 3 areas of the ground and more important, had the personality to spark a side - generational or not, his hype is real.
Whatever the case maybe, we couldn't tank or we'd be investigated which probably cost us our 'assistance' package...don't you love catch 22's.

As for JHF, l'm sure the warning signs were there but like every AFL club, they back their system and culture and all that stuff plus the allure of his talent, the club wasn't going to wavier.

And now, we must pay overs to bring in mature, fading stars that we can hopefully squeeze a bit more life whilst they instill their professionalism, insights into their game that made them stars and cultures that made their clubs so strong to our 18-25 yo in the hope to fast track this club to be knocking on the 8 in a very short amount of time before Tassie comes in...be it Wines, Parker, Ward, Mills or Pendles or all four of them, it's up to the club to wrangle some sort of assistance package that we could increase the soft cap so we could pay 50% of the player salary in the cap and the coaching component in the soft cap so you could afford to pay 1.5m a year of these players salaries as a means to lure these players - of course the number one condition to any of these players is if they have aspirations for coaching.

We could have picks 1-5 and we'd still be in the same position next year, a super talented team with no confidence or experienced leaders.

Not as strange as typing a lot of words to essentially agree with someone.

Mate, I have no idea what is bothering you. All I did was simply reply to your post as a means to outline how I viewed our selections in the last two drafts.

I used your post, because there had been debate about the merits of getting Reid instead of McKercher/Duursma.

There is absolutely no criticism of you in my post, but rather, what I was trying to highlight, was a comparison with us and the GC in their consecutive 2018/2019 drafts. They got two high draft picks in each, like us in 2022/2023, and all four of them have turned out to be very good choices, likely to improve even more as the years proceed.

If what I said in my post, being "a lot of words" is enough to get you "up and about", then God help us all. Phew.

Mate, I have no idea what is bothering you. All I did was simply reply to your post as a means to outline how I viewed our selections in the last two drafts.

I used your post, because there had been debate about the merits of getting Reid instead of McKercher/Duursma.

There is absolutely no criticism of you in my post, but rather, what I was trying to highlight, was a comparison with us and the GC in their consecutive 2018/2019 drafts. They got two high draft picks in each, like us in 2022/2023, and all four of them have turned out to be very good choices, likely to improve even more as the years proceed.

If what I said in my post, being "a lot of words" is enough to get you "up and about", then God help us all. Phew.

I’m not bothered at all, this convo has gone sideways. Apologies if I came across as rude, I just didn’t want to rehash the whole conversation. I have avoided this thread for that reason.

I thought it was worth trading pick 2&3 for pick 1 last year. It didn’t happen and I’m rapt with Kerch & Zane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back