Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a few, these were the other ones that came to mind.

In: John Blakey
Out : Pick 68

In: Winnie Abraham
Out: Stuart Anderson
That was brilliant trading with Winnie but I'm pretty sure John McCarthy was involved in the Blakey trade somehow from memory. McCarthy was inconsistant but a gun on his day and played some decent games for Fitzroy. Blakey and Winnie were great for us

That was brilliant trading with Winnie but I'm pretty sure John McCarthy was involved in the Blakey trade somehow from memory. McCarthy was inconsistant but a gun on his day and played some decent games for Fitzroy. Blakey and Winnie were great for us
McCarthy was a wet weather freak iirc. Also remember when Carey was new into the team he gave McCarthy an absolute bake about being in the way … three pronged with Johnny Longmire

Yeah, I thought that was the case too.

The club trading history has it as:

In: pick 55 (used on Capuano ✅)
Out: John McCarthy.

Maybe it was Blakey for McCarthy with a pick swap thrown in as a sweetener…

Doesn't make for great reading really. Most of us on here are suggesting we split our first pick. The club, by all reports, seems to be interested in doing this as well.
Problem is that with a perceived relatively deep draft and no real so called generational players like sheez, wardlaw, corn frances , daicos or reid nobody else really wants to trade up either.

The probability is in this draft a kid taken at 12 likely has has a similar chance of being a hit as a top 3.

Might be a tad early to be writing off River Stevens, iirc, there wasn't much love for young Arch before we drafted him either
There’s only one poster writing off River and despite that poster's name he is the complete opposite of predicting future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is that with a perceived relatively deep draft and no real so called generational players like sheez, wardlaw, corn frances , daicos or reid nobody else really wants to trade up either.

The probability is in this draft a kid taken at 12 likely has has a similar chance of being a hit as a top 3.
The probability of someone taken at 12 being as good as 3 is not high.

We are talking McKercher Wardlaw Dursma Sheezel level

You dont trade that period

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back