List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

As it stands our picks are currently 28, 49 and 82. After academy and father son selections that first pick is more than likely mid 30s.
At that part of the draft, things get a bit tricky. All the high end talents are gone as well as those with desirable traits that give them a point of difference or competitive advantage by position.
Tom Gross is one to keep an eye on to see how his development plays out that also might be available around that first pick. 181cm mid so a touch undersized and seems athletically capable without being outstanding.
Very good all round skill set though. Clean hands, composed, good decision maker, can kick the odd goal, will tackle and is relatively good with the contested stuff. Capable mark for his size.
That kind of player that does the right thing most of the time which I like. Could be a half forward/rotation mid at AFL level. Twomey compared him to Rory Sloane.
I doubt dogs will retain any of 28 & 49 with the amount of f/s in the draft. Likely traded up the draft or traded for next draft.

I expect dogs will try to get to get all their picks in the top 30 because they don't have anyone likely to be bid on.

We are only picking one player in the mid season draft by the look of it.

Draft order

First round

1 - North Melbourne
2 - Richmond
3 - West Coast
4 - St Kilda
5 - Hawthorn
6 - Brisbane
7 - Adelaide
8 - Western Bulldogs
9 - Carlton
10 - Collingwood
11 - Melbourne
12 - Port Adelaide
13 - Essendon
14 - Sydney

Second round

15 - North Melbourne
16 - Richmond
17 - Brisbane
18 - Adelaide
19 - Collingwood

Third round

20 - Richmond
21 - Brisbane
22 - Adelaide

Fourth round

23 - Brisbane

We are only picking one player in the mid season draft by the look of it.

Draft order

First round

1 - North Melbourne
2 - Richmond
3 - West Coast
4 - St Kilda
5 - Hawthorn
6 - Brisbane
7 - Adelaide
8 - Western Bulldogs - Trent Bianco
9 - Carlton
10 - Collingwood
11 - Melbourne
12 - Port Adelaide
13 - Essendon
14 - Sydney

Second round

15 - North Melbourne
16 - Richmond
17 - Brisbane
18 - Adelaide
19 - Collingwood

Third round

20 - Richmond
21 - Brisbane
22 - Adelaide

Fourth round

23 - Brisbane

EFA

From the F/S thread:

Harry Cameron - (2024 Draft)
Lukas Eagleton - (2025 Draft)
Jaxon Cooney - (2025 Draft)
Oliver Grant - (2025 Draft)
Jarvis Murphy - (2025 Draft)
Cohen Lake - (2025 Draft)

Sonny Garlick - (2025 Draft)
Riley Morris - (2026 Draft)
Levi West (2026 Draft)
Riley Dickson (2026 Draft)

Zakaria Daniel Mark Southern (2028 Draft)
Charlie Morris (2029 Draft)
Malachy Picken - (2030 Draft)
Jack Cameron - (2030 Draft)
Levi Hahn (2030 Draft)
Otis Giansiracusa - (2030 Draft)
Tyler Cross - (2030 Draft)

Jude Brown - (2031 Draft)
Miller Kretiuk - (2034 Draft)
James Boyd - (2034 Draft)

Oscar Liberatore- (2038 Draft)
Fred Wood - (2038 Draft)
Sam Darcy has two younger brothers 👀
Screenshot_2024-06-02-13-11-47-61_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Not great when there is one rule for a few teams and one rule for everyone else

It’s always been that way in the AFL…. Blues, Bombers, Pies & Tigers were ruling the roast for years, then the Eagirls joined them.

Nothing will change until decades pass without a Bombers finals win, then at least they will belong in the North level of relevance.

Sam Darcy has two younger brothers 👀
Yes, good point. I just copied it from the Father/Son thread.

[Hey Wizard17 could you check out the F/S list please? Seems to be lacking a couple of Darcies!]

If Sam becomes the best KPF or Ruck in the AFL (or both) and then a couple more Darcies come along there will be more outrage and demands to scrap the rule. Which I can sort of understand, even if I don't agree with it. Maybe there can be a more equitable points arrangement worked out?

But of course hardly anybody suggested it be scrapped when Collingwood got Jaicos and Naicos did they? No flag last year without them.

It’s always been that way in the AFL…. Blues, Bombers, Pies & Tigers were ruling the roast for years, then the Eagirls joined them.

Nothing will change until decades pass without a Bombers finals win, then at least they will belong in the North level of relevance.
I saw a headline the other day saying the AFL may bring back COLA for Sydney-based teams.

Fair enough too. It's not like they have a great river of academy talent they have exclusive rights to or anything. And Sydney haven't won a flag since, what ... 2012? That's way too long for the networks to tolerate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, good point. I just copied it from the Father/Son thread.

[Hey Wizard17 could you check out the F/S list please? Seems to be lacking a couple of Darcies!]

If Sam becomes the best KPF or Ruck in the AFL (or both) and then a couple more Darcies come along there will be more outrage and demands to scrap the rule. Which I can sort of understand, even if I don't agree with it. Maybe there can be a more equitable points arrangement worked out?

But of course hardly anybody suggested it be scrapped when Collingwood got Jaicos and Naicos did they? No flag last year without them.
Do you know how old Will and Max are?

Edit: based on an old article I'm guessing 2026 (Will) and 2029 (Max)

Last edited:
Do you know how old Will and Max are?

Edit: based on an old article I'm guessing 2026 (Will) and 2029 (Max)
That sounds about right.

I did some Google searches. Doesn't help when Luke calls one of his sons the future tense of the verb to be. So you end up with "Will Darcy be as good as his Dad?" type of headlines that actually discuss Sam Darcy not Will Darcy. :mad:

Then I found some references to Max Darcy being draft eligible in 2023 which got picked up and repeated elsewhere (including the F/S thread I think) but it's clearly wrong.

My recollection is that Max was the youngest which is sort of ironic naming, but maybe Luke always knew that Max would be the best of the lot.

I'm also presuming that Sam is the dud brother and that Will and Max will be way better. 🤞🤞

Any goss on Harry Cameron? Don’t see him in any of the U18 games?

Looks like we will need a sh!t tonne of points for next year with both young Eagleton and Cooney looking like they could be top 30.

So any of the NGA look the goods at this stage?

Looks like we will need a sh!t tonne of points for next year with both young Eagleton and Cooney looking like they could be top 30.

Cameron is part of the Sydney Academy I think. I remember Fronk mentioned that he wasn't very good although that was a few years ago.

Cooney is the 2026 draft. Currently playing under 16's.

Cameron is part of the Sydney Academy I think. I remember Fronk mentioned that he wasn't very good although that was a few years ago.

Cooney is the 2026 draft. Currently playing under 16's.

Looks like it

Attachments

• IMG_1620.png
    IMG_1620.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 61
Taj Hotton did his ACL I believe which may see him slide a few picks. Looked really exciting as a Mid / forward. Nice speed / agility.

Considering we have been targeting pace, you’d think he’d be on our radar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back