Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's been hit by the BSOD by Crowdstrike? I have three computers and one has been knocked out. My main computer is a mac that I run Parallels on and it's not affected. Pretty wild, could be some serious issues to arise out of this and it's not an easy fix. Not sure why not all computers are affected, maybe not auto downloaded the update? Anyhow, huge proportion of Windows computers currently down, affecting flights, supermarkets, banks, TV stations. Could impact the AFL games. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP, but even then, how do you remotely fix a computer that's blue screening?

Who's been hit by the BSOD by Crowdstrike? I have three computers and one has been knocked out. My main computer is a mac that I run Parallels on and it's not affected. Pretty wild, could be some serious issues to arise out of this and it's not an easy fix. Not sure why not all computers are affected, maybe not auto downloaded the update? Anyhow, huge proportion of Windows computers currently down, affecting flights, supermarkets, banks, TV stations. Could impact the AFL games. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP, but even then, how do you remotely fix a computer that's blue screening?
Going to be interesting if it's not resolved soon.

Do they just have to let people in who claim to have a ticket?

Its knocked out most of our ProjectWise datasources here at work (cloud hosted). Nothing else seems to be effected.

On an unrelated topic guess which technical software team I am responsible for.

Last edited:
Only affecting corporate computers that have Crowdstrike running.
Yes it's interesting thats only affecting most of our datasources rather than all. Means Bentley must have some of their servers on one setup and others on another: I'm not an IT person as such (which I am forever having to point out to people both at work or whenever I talk about work outside it), but it doesn't sit right with me.

Just watching tag football on Fox & one of the teams were all using these Dummy mouthguards. Interesting concept for various sports if your game enough to wear one.

1721658675110.jpeg

Just watching tag football on Fox & one of the teams were all using these Dummy mouthguards. Interesting concept for various sports if your game enough to wear one.

View attachment 2056284

Do they make them in Blue and Gold?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually impressed with how professional he is

I stayed up late and watched Jessica Fox - soooo good! :)
Jess Fox is probably our best Olympian of the modern era.

And before everyone shouts me down what about the swimmers.

I rate Fox higher because of the difficulty of that actual sport. And has come away from 4 Olympics with medals all the way back to London 2012 as an 18 year old.

I rate Fox higher because of the difficulty of that actual sport. And has come away from 4 Olympics with medals all the way back to London 2012 as an 18 year old.
She’s an absolute legend.
Gold in the one event across 4 olympics

I wont shoot you down, but I think swimming is one of the most difficult to be successful in when you live in Australia. There's more kids involved in swimming, so you have to be beyond exceptional to 'make it'. Our family was heavily involved in swimming. A lot of boys in our club were hard core Freo supporters. They sacrificed as much, if not more, than the average successful AFL player, but most people will never know their names.

I wont shoot you down, but I think swimming is one of the most difficult to be successful in when you live in Australia. There's more kids involved in swimming, so you have to be beyond exceptional to 'make it'. Our family was heavily involved in swimming. A lot of boys in our club were hard core Freo supporters. They sacrificed as much, if not more, than the average successful AFL player, but most people will never know their names.
So true. If you're not in the top two in Australia in your event at the nationals you don't exist.

Don’t think anyone was discounting the sacrifices and hard work that goes into being top level swimmers.

But swimming is very much an insular sport, you have just yourself, your own preparation and ability to worry about .

Canoe, (not rowing) has so many outside factors that need to be overcome, that to be so good, for so long is pretty darn impressive.

Think that was her second gold, the other slalom canoe in Tokyo.

Five medals overall.
Yeah, thought she had more, but 4x in the one event, across 4x games is mental.

Don’t think anyone was discounting the sacrifices and hard work that goes into being top level swimmers.

But swimming is very much an insular sport, you have just yourself, your own preparation and ability to worry about .

Canoe, (not rowing) has so many outside factors that need to be overcome, that to be so good, for so long is pretty darn impressive.

Yeah, thought she had more, but 4x in the one event, across 4x games is mental.
You would believe that if you haven't experienced club swimming. The only way these kids can stick with this sport is because of the friendship and support they get from other swimmers. You'll notice how much swimmers lift in relays, because it's all about the squad and the team.

Was at the pre-game supporters club before the Freo game and ran into a few families who we've been close friends with for 20 years, because our kids all swum together.

Is it controversial to say the Matildas are the most hyped national sporting side for a team that was won nothing.

Missing Sam Kerr is a big loss but there 2 performances in Paris have been abysmal. Now i wasn't expecting a Gold Medal but the performances so far like letting Zambia put in 5 goals is a deadset disgrace really.

I found it interesting Charlotte Caslick the Aussie rugby 7s captain took a swipe at them before the games began saying it would be nice if they got more support considering they have won Gold medals and are a fair chance again while the Matildas would be lucky to get out of the group it seems there is tension around the women's sporting circle with the Matildas.

Is it Jealousy.

When comparing the Matildas to the Aussie Women's cricket team who have won everything like T20 World Cups, ODI World Cups, Comm Games Gold Medals, Ashes series 3 or 4 times over and had the likes of Meg Lanning, Alyssa Healy, Ellyse Perry dominate for a decade.

They are still the number 1 women's sporting team in the country for mine.

Is it controversial to say the Matildas are the most hyped national sporting side for a team that was won nothing.

Missing Sam Kerr is a big loss but there 2 performances in Paris have been abysmal. Now i wasn't expecting a Gold Medal but the performances so far like letting Zambia put in 5 goals is a deadset disgrace really.
From memory the Matildas were slow starters in the World Cup last year too.

I wonder whether it's a period of adjustment as more and more of them have club commitments overseas, and the players and coaches haven't quite figured out how to get everyone to gel as they get dropped in from completely different environments. For a Socceroos players that's kind of an "it was always like that" thing now, but the Matildas are still going from Aussie-based amateurs to everywhere-based and full time professionals.

Anyway, are they over-hyped? Maybe a little bit. But on the other hand, being in the top handful of teams in soccer is a much bigger deal than in most other sports. I'm not denying the talents of our female (and male) cricketers, but the expectations in cricket deserve to be silverware, because there's only 4 or 5 countries that have genuine interest in the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back