Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a bit of Jeremy Howe in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell-Lynch-Mansell
MRioli-ML-Bauer
Nice, add in Gray and Fawcett as the backup talls and that's a competitive forward line.

Bit different to what we've had to field for the majority of the year, with Balta, Graham, Koschitzke and Coulthard rolling through there in the last game. I just wonder how much more confidence it would give the team further up the ground knowing they had decent marking targets and small, crumbing, tackling forwards, plus, by extension, a stronger backline with Balta shoring up that line?

Best bit of play I saw yesterday was in the 4th I think - Bauer had led up to take an outlet mark towards our back flank - camera switched to behind him as he kicked it further down the line towards our forward flank - as soon as he kicked it you could see he worked back towards the resulting contest and ended up sharking the ball and handballing to a teammate in space and pretty sure it resulted in a gaol for us.

It really showed great effort and game-sense to continue to provide an option and a repeat effort - from a dude only playing his 6th game.

Really liked this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back