Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we judge this guys scoreboard output, I urge everyone to look at how our forward line moves and operates when we are about to enter inside 50.

I'll save you some time, it's hideous. No one leads, no one tries to create space for our keys, there's no diversionary tactics... Nothing. All we do is boot it in long and everyone just congregates in one spot and then they hope for the best.
If you expect to see players regularly kicking multiple goals a game, it's just not going to happen.
We haven't kicked over 100 points all year.

Before we judge this guys scoreboard output, I urge everyone to look at how our forward line moves and operates when we are about to enter inside 50.

I'll save you some time, it's hideous. No one leads, no one tries to create space for our keys, there's no diversionary tactics... Nothing. All we do is boot it in long and everyone just congregates in one spot and then they hope for the best.
If you expect to see players regularly kicking multiple goals a game, it's just not going to happen.
And whose fault is that?

Same dysfunctional forward line at the dees Yze brought it over with him

And whose fault is that?
I know you're angling for me to say Yze but it was a prevalent issue last year as well.
Hasn't helped that we haven't had a focal point up there for 95% of the year.
It could be a Teague issue as he is the forwards coach but I find it hard to believe that they go into meetings and say "alright guys, same as usual okay? No leading, be stationary and wait for the long kick in and hope due to weight of numbers we get a secondary stoppage and then we can work it out from there."

This is something that has bothered me with us for a long time because you can see it clearly on TV due to the angles of the camera. You can almost see the whole front 50 metre area and all we do after a mark in the middle third of the ground is either walk or jog slowly waiting for the long ball in.

I just don't get it.

I know you're angling for me to say Yze but it was a prevalent issue last year as well.
Hasn't helped that we haven't had a focal point up there for 95% of the year.
It could be a Teague issue as he is the forwards coach but I find it hard to believe that they go into meetings and say "alright guys, same as usual okay? No leading, be stationary and wait for the long kick in and hope due to weight of numbers we get a secondary stoppage and then we can work it out from there."

This is something that has bothered me with us for a long time because you can see it clearly on TV due to the angles of the camera. You can almost see the whole front 50 metre area and all we do after a mark in the middle third of the ground is either walk or jog slowly waiting for the long ball in.

I just don't get it.
List managers are to blame and not Dimma, mini or Yze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

earning his pay packet a lot better than some of his more highly credentialed and paid team mates. would remain in our best 25 when all our troops are back from injury you would think. so has been a good pick-up
[/QUOT
I haven't watched this weeks game deeply yet , put it on late when i got home but it didn't hold my interest at that hour.

Everyone keeps on improving but i honestly have found it still pretty underwhelming. Just looking at the stats he had 6 marks, 4 kicks, 7 handballs, 0 tackles and kicked 0.1.

These 4 kicks that were not a single goal from a key forward must have been pretty special. What did i miss?
Good running patterns though

injuries haven't helped though, we just cant judge on current data IMO
NO as our kids are still not great. i don't rate many of them as being A grade or elite. Also a lot of them like RCD , Martyn, Ellis, Lennon etc all failed before this bunch. They were supposed to help us move forward with the retirees, but they were busts.

NO as our kids are still not great. i don't rate many of them as being A grade or elite. Also a lot of them like RCD , Martyn, Ellis, Lennon etc all failed before this bunch. They were supposed to help us move forward with the retirees, but they were busts.
your correct, this is what alot of supporters don't fully embrace
we have very few youthful A graders ...more likely the least amount in the league

It's a well oiled machine that's for sure

your correct, this is what alot of supporters don't fully embrace
we have very few youthful A graders ...more likely the least amount in the league

I would suggest not one of them has A grade potential, we have soldiers, not stars.

Honestly, i would rate peak RCD above 50% of our 22 each week. He would probably be one of our best young prospects if he was on the list and 21 atm

Tasmania has him now

yeah i fear he has taken the same road as Benny & Dimma.

Got a job at the the AFL's propaganda machine and will eventually get a job with their new expansion team. Doubt he is going to quit that cushy job so he can teach Kosi & Ryan how to run around....

Gotta prove you are a company man first tho. fit in or **** off as they used to say in my ol job

Balta just had a decent game forward including a huge 4 goal assists, in the wet against the second stingiest defence in the AFL.

Yep. Taking his grand total up to 5 for the year. Amartey kicked 9 goals 3 weeks ago and has kicked 1 since & Los Del Rio sold 8 million singles off the song Macarena. Lesson here is, don't overrate "one offs"

Probably worth remembering too that the other team kicked over 100pts, even in the wet once we took him out of our defence. I think the previous games he was forward, not back, the opponent was kicking 120+ on us over the past month.

ffs -seriously.....

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back