No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we're probably due a Robbo article bemoaning the * season.

• Missing out on finals again after looking good a few weeks to go with GC, Adelaide at their favourite ground and an in slump Sydney as well.
  • Gods leaving the club in Sheedy, Dodoro and Heppel
  • End of season form woes for numerous players
To help him out, I produced an article using generative AI to help him out.

Red and Black to Black and Blue: Essendon's 2024 Nightmare

Strewth, what a bloody disaster of a season it's been for the Bombers in 2024. If you're an Essendon fan, you'd be spewing your guts out after the year we've just witnessed. It's been a deadset shocker from start to finish, and I'm not pulling any punches here, cobbers.

Let's start with the obvious - missing finals yet again. Crikey, it's becoming a habit for these Dons, isn't it? They've been about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike when it comes to September action. The supporters are fed up, and fair dinkum, who can blame 'em? They've been promised the world and delivered a atlas instead.

And don't get me started on that Anzac Day clash. Drawing with the bloody Pies? Stone the flamin' crows! It was like watching two seagulls fight over a hot chip - plenty of squawking but no real winner. The Bombers had more chances than a dog has fleas, but they couldn't hit the side of a barn with a banjo. It was a deadset fizzer of a game, and the fans deserved better.

But wait, there's more! As if the on-field performance wasn't enough to make you choke on your meat pie, we've got the off-field dramas to contend with. Losing club legends Kevin Sheedy and Adrian Dodoro? Strewth, that's like losing your favourite pair of thongs and your stubby holder on the same day. These blokes have been the heart and soul of Essendon for donkey's years, and now they're gone quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.

Sheedy, the master coach, the four-time premiership winner, the bloke who could motivate a statue to kick a Sherrin - gone. Dodoro, the list manager extraordinaire, the man who could find a diamond in a pile of coal - sayonara. It's enough to make a grown man cry into his VB.And let's not forget the treatment of Dyson Heppell. No farewell game for the skipper? That's about as un-Australian as putting pineapple on a meat pie. The bloke's given his all for the red and black, and they couldn't even give him one last run around the G? It's a deadset disgrace, if you ask me.

It's like the Bombers have forgotten what it means to be a proud footy club. They're running around like a mob of chooks with their heads cut off, with no direction and no idea how to get back to the top. The supporters are angrier than a cut snake, and who can blame 'em?

So, where to from here for the Dons? They need a bloody good hard look at themselves, that's for sure. They need to pull their fingers out and start playing like they mean it. No more excuses, no more sob stories. It's time to man up and start delivering the goods.Because let me tell you, cobbers, if they don't turn things around soon, they'll be in more strife than the early settlers. The fans won't cop another year like this one. They'll be off like a bride's nightie, faster than you can say "Go Bombers."

In the meantime, Essendon supporters, all you can do is drown your sorrows at the local and pray for a better 2025. Because crikey, it can't get much worse than this. Can it?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 7000 Milestone & Beyond šŸ„³ - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back