Preview Round 23 v Hawthorn MCG Sunday 18th August 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ONLY reason I’d excuse Macca getting selected is if he’s delisted end of 2024 and he knows these 2 x games are the end of his career.

But if Macca goes on and continues to get games ahead of giving our youth more experience I’ll be furious !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Drop Miller instead of Smith ffs
Firstly, Balta is a much better defender than Miller but as forwards the difference is not as great. Secondly Hawks don’t have a big key forward for Miller to shutdown. Thirdly letting Sicily free rein in our forward line will be disastrous. The solution, play Miller as a defensive forward and Balta back. This would be something different so probably won’t happen.

Blight, Ross and Coulthard in for Ryan, Smith and Dow.

Happy with those changes. Think that means every player on the list that has been available has played a game bar the snackpack?
Just about, Fawcett is I guess available now but wouldn't be anywhere near ready. OHB is the only other that could conceivably get a game.

Colina was out the entire year, Gray got injured pretty quick and Judson was out before the year began. We have absolutely given every possible player a chance this year.

The ONLY reason I’d excuse Macca getting selected is if he’s delisted end of 2024 and he knows these 2 x games are the end of his career.

But if Macca goes on and continues to get games ahead of giving our youth more experience I’ll be furious !

K-Mac strikes me as the sort of guy who knows full well he is cooked and will likely call it a day.
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t announce next week that the Suns clash will be his last.
I get the inkling 😉 he will want to go out on his own terms.

I'm expecting you to be furious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes zero sense ... if he ain't playing next year his playing now is taking games away from another players development

Dusty, Grigg and Caddy did it right ... when you are done ... get the faaark out of the way

I think they might see HRS as a bit of a marking target perhaps, something we don't have a lot of. But still, the best season by a wingman for us in a long time.
We need a marking target on the wing!

Why is McAuliffe not playing? Our best young prospect as a mid right now. Lose more faith in this coach every week.

... going up in both intensity and game time from 3/4 at VFL level is a mistake ...

Should be sub ...
At least he had some VFL time before they brought him back.

Firstly, Balta is a much better defender than Miller but as forwards the difference is not as great. Secondly Hawks don’t have a big key forward for Miller to shutdown. Thirdly letting Sicily free rein in our forward line will be disastrous. The solution, play Miller as a defensive forward and Balta back. This would be something different so probably won’t happen.
Sicily loves to float and do as he pleases. Great idea to have someone play as a stopper on him, but Miller is too slow.

K-Mac strikes me as the sort of guy who knows full well he is cooked and will likely call it a day.
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t announce next week that the Suns clash will be his last.
I get the inkling 😉 he will want to go out on his own terms.
I agree, Mac has always carried himself like a professional.
He's had his time and it's coming to the end.
with respect and gratitude, hoping for that call in the next 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back