Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Stunned, in all the best ways.

And not just for today, but for the season as a whole. Two years ahead of where I had us in the progress of this rebuild. ❤️ to the team, ❤️ to Sam and his panel, and ❤️ to the Hawks supporters who've never given up faith (especially those who've been flying the flag all this time in the face of some utter nuffies on this site).

The only limit is what we put on ourselves.

So bloody proud of the boys for that effort in those conditions. What a huge finish too. 10 goals to 1. Chol after the siren. So good.

One gripe - fox wtf??? Where's the celebrations? The farewells? Who gives a toss about catching the first minute or two of Tigers vs Suns - seriously! Hope the AFL site / somewhere else has the post-game telecast for us to enjoy later tonight.

What a shame couldn't see both clubs who he played for cheer Liam Shiels off as they cut to the Tigers/Suns dead rubber instead.

Guys at the ground did we help chair Liam shiels off the ground or did we do a guard of honour.

Is that the highest team score of the year?

Squiggle has us at 3.

We are pumping, running hot as.

All the components that have made us good this year we're on display today...the kicking from the back line...smalls went to work...winning the post clearance stuff...some of those tap ons were genius level...hard running...good goal kicking.

Loved Massimo and Moore...Wiz...some exciting signs from Weddle playing more forward and free late on.

I swear when Sicily kicked that centre forward goal off the floor late on that Dear was thinking he just stole a goal from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to thank North for not turning up today, this has to be the most stress free finals on the line game I can recall.

Sad to see Shiels go out that way. But so psyched for our team. This win was ruthlessly clinical.
They actually looked switched on for the first ten minutes of the first quarter.

But I think that was mostly good coaching and structure.

Never really in doubt was it

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Crazy how young this squad is too. Norf is barely younger on the whole than us

Hawks have just plucked the eyes out of draft & trade, and developed them beautifully

View attachment 2089597
Sleep well Sleepy Mark, you've earned it

Right now everybody’s hitting the panic button on this team, saying we don’t enough talent or that the young guys aren’t good enough to eventually win a premiership, or that we should trade Lewis or Sicily or whoever. Luckily our bigfooty board doesn’t do our list management. Instead of hitting the panic button and blowing up our team we should be patient and at least wait until the end of the season before swinging the axe on our players. It’s only been 5 games with a team destroyed by injuries! We’ll improve with time and our team will show promise. Hard to believe but we have improved, this time last year we’d lost two games by 80+ points to the cats and the swans and we were looking like the worst team in a long time. We think our situation is so much worse than it really is but we’re a rebuilding team and this is expected. We just need to stay patient and trust what our list management and our board is doing and we’ll start winning with time.
Said this after r5, Didn't think we'd improve this fast lol

I'm so bloody proud of our guys. Sammy has done an incredible job coaching these guys and getting them to play with this kind of confidence.

Our guys play for each other and give 110% every week. Every guy plays selflessly and it continues to pay off.

Could've easily coasted along today but they put the foot down as they should so bad habits don't form at the worst time.

Finals here we come baby :)

Celebrate Its Friday GIF by telenet

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back